First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 FX4 SC, 2005 F150 FX4, 2013 Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you still change dealers if you have a reservation and preview order R100 dated 7-29-2021 and received a confirmation order email from Ford on that date ? I have told by a dealer that Ford closed transfers between dealers when they closed the reservation process.
Sponsored

dmalaquias

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Cayenne S, Audi Allroad
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can you still change dealers if you have a reservation and preview order R100 dated 7-29-2021 and received a confirmation order email from Ford on that date ? I have told by a dealer that Ford closed transfers between dealers when they closed the reservation process.
I would definitely think if you're in preview and have a VIN it's too late.

My question is that for those of us being forced to re-order a 2022 this fall due to being pushed, whether we'll have the opportunity to change dealers @FordMotorCompany. I get that Ford cannot (and don't want to) be involved in setting retail sales prices to consumers but since the majority of Bronco reservation holders are being pushed to 2022 (or 2023) and will be forced to place a new order, I think a message from Ford stating that reservation holders can change their dealer would mitigate many issues as it places the consumer in charge. When I reserved our Bronco last July and ordered it in March I had no thought of ever cancelling my order or not accepting the vehicle. I'm not one who likes paying MSRP for anything but understood that this was going to be the case for the new Bronco and agreed to it. I have the dealer GM's email stating no ADM which I felt would be fine at the time but now I'm fearing it won't be enough. Especially since we're hearing of all these stories of dealers playing games with price and holding legitimate customer cars hostage unless they pay up. Placing some control back in the hands of the enthusiasts who lined up for this vehicle over a year ago would be a great gesture. My dealer has already started being a PITA and telling lies so I fear that when I go back in to place my 2022 order in Sept/Oct that they'll try and take advantage. Having the ability to seek out another dealer willing to take MSRP would be key.

OP
OP

bardar25

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 FX4 SC, 2005 F150 FX4, 2013 Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would definitely think if you're in preview and have a VIN it's too late.

My question is that for those of us being forced to re-order a 2022 this fall due to being pushed, whether we'll have the opportunity to change dealers @FordMotorCompany. I get that Ford cannot (and don't want to) be involved in setting retail sales prices to consumers but since the majority of Bronco reservation holders are being pushed to 2022 (or 2023) and will be forced to place a new order, I think a message from Ford stating that reservation holders can change their dealer would mitigate many issues as it places the consumer in charge. When I reserved our Bronco last July and ordered it in March I had no thought of ever cancelling my order or not accepting the vehicle. I'm not one who likes paying MSRP for anything but understood that this was going to be the case for the new Bronco and agreed to it. I have the dealer GM's email stating no ADM which I felt would be fine at the time but now I'm fearing it won't be enough. Especially since we're hearing of all these stories of dealers playing games with price and holding legitimate customer cars hostage unless they pay up. Placing some control back in the hands of the enthusiasts who lined up for this vehicle over a year ago would be a great gesture. My dealer has already started being a PITA and telling lies so I fear that when I go back in to place my 2022 order in Sept/Oct that they'll try and take advantage. Having the ability to seek out another dealer willing to take MSRP would be key.

All I have received from Ford is the initial order confirmed email, no preview or Vin.

I don't remember reading anything in the reservation cancel write up about canceling changing dealer, particularly if you don't a Vin or really anything else other than the order confirmed email.

Has anyone else changes dealers since the reservation cancel write up?
Sponsored