Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For anyone looking for some inexpensive storage (~$100) that fits almost perfectly in the back cargo area and is easily removable, I picked up these Modular boxes at Harbor Freight and painted the handles (they are originally red) and added some decals with the ol’ Cricut to cover up HF's brand…lol.

The rectangle name plates on the outside do pop out so you can just get rid of them. I left them in there for now because it was kind of bumpy and jagged underneath from their plastic mold manufacturing them or something. I think I might eventually come up with some acrylic, epoxy or something else to put in there to take up the space.

So far, they DO NOT make any rattling noise. I couldn't deal with that. 🤣

HF does have an assortment of taller modular boxes that would fit as well.

(I keep forgetting to take better pictures when I am working on a project.)

Here is a LINK to the mods I have done so far.

Ford Bronco Cheap Cargo Storage Idea A3A33028-6FC2-48A6-8F73-9072F226EC6C
Ford Bronco Cheap Cargo Storage Idea 9C96F411-26E6-44E3-9682-CE3DD24873A6
Ford Bronco Cheap Cargo Storage Idea C8D40E59-EA22-4F6D-85FD-0896A5B4C6C9

Ford Bronco Cheap Cargo Storage Idea IMG_6942

Ford Bronco Cheap Cargo Storage Idea IMG_6943

Ford Bronco Cheap Cargo Storage Idea 1A7DCBDD-C105-41CF-8DFA-0AC8B0CF7E8D
Sponsored

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Costco has those Instant Crates and they are really nice because they’re collapsible. I think I picked mine up when they were on sale for $10/15, normally $20 I think.

OP
OP
Ltjb8

Ltjb8

Wildtrak
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I do something similar in my vehicles. For the Bronco I use a tool box that fits pretty much perfect along the side (with a four way pinned underneath). It holds a floor jack, jumper cables, tow strap and recovery gear. I also ratchet strap it down to try to eliminate it and the contents from becoming projectiles in the unfortunate case of an accident.

Ford Bronco Cheap Cargo Storage Idea ratched down tool box

Maineah

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those look great and like the combo of closed and open storage. Those things move around at all while out and about? I have a couple medium sized dogs and looking for storage while still giving them enough room to be in the trunk area. Does it seem realistic a couple dogs could still be in the trunk with those in there?

OP
OP
Ltjb8

Ltjb8

Wildtrak
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Those look great and like the combo of closed and open storage. Those things move around at all while out and about? I have a couple medium sized dogs and looking for storage while still giving them enough room to be in the trunk area. Does it seem realistic a couple dogs could still be in the trunk with those in there?
I have them on top of the cargo liner and they do not move at all! I went to the grocery store today and all my bags fit perfect in the open totes.

My dog is ~50lbs and I would probably take the top open totes out or move them to one side if she was back there. But I will most likely put the seats down or use a dog sling thing in the middle row because she is just going to jump over the seats...lol.

The storage tote and boxes are about 14" deep. The tote is about 10" tall and the small box is about 7" high.

Broncobren

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WT High Pkg MIC Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have them on top of the cargo liner and they do not move at all! I went to the grocery store today and all my bags fit perfect in the open totes.

My dog is ~50lbs and I would probably take the top open totes out or move them to one side if she was back there. But I will most likely put the seats down or use a dog sling thing in the middle row because she is just going to jump over the seats...lol.

The storage tote and boxes are about 14" deep. The tote is about 10" tall and the small box is about 7" high.
You have a link for the boxes?

OP
OP
Ltjb8

Ltjb8

Wildtrak
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

very nice, I like the tool boxes, I think I'll get me two of those. Thanks for sharing, in stock at my local HF. Might just have to head over there tomorrow :)
Do the open ones somehow interlock with the tool box to stay seated? I'd still strap them or bungie them down I think, but around town that's probably not needed.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

very nice, I like the tool boxes, I think I'll get me two of those. Thanks for sharing, in stock at my local HF. Might just have to head over there tomorrow :)
Do the open ones somehow interlock with the tool box to stay seated? I'd still strap them or bungie them down I think, but around town that's probably not needed.
They all nest together and stays together by interlocking pieces in the handles.

Maineah

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome info. Thank you very much!

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice. Seem to fit perfectly.
Problem is that I'm planning to get one of the cargo enclosures. Doesn't look like they will fit as nicely then.
Good job adding the Bronco theme.
Sponsored