Sponsored

Check engine light flashing before start up.

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Today before I started my truck the check engine light flashed 8 times then then stayed on. If you watch the video you notice that the airbag light is on and goes off when the check engine light starts to flash, then comes back on when the check engine light stops flashing. So I suspect I have airbag defaultā€¦
Thoughts???
Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pull the neg cable and see if it resets.

OP
OP
C00TER

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I would but, my truck was at the dealership for some minor warranty issues
Airflow control
Hood unlatched warning
They replaced the hood latch mechanism and forgot to connect hood latch cable so my hood wonā€™t openā€¦
They had the dash apart to fix the a/c control issue and so they had the airbag sensors disconnected, so Iā€™m thinking it had something to do with that. However my ford app doesnā€™t alert my about the airbag fault anymore.

OP
OP
C00TER

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Not sure if this postedā€¦

Sponsored

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Airflow control
Hood unlatched warning
They replaced the hood latch mechanism and forgot to connect hood latch cable so my hood wonā€™t openā€¦
They had the dash apart to fix the a/c control issue and so they had the airbag sensors disconnected, so Iā€™m thinking it had something to do with that. However my ford app doesnā€™t alert my about the airbag fault anymore.
Airflow control
Hood unlatched warning
This is negligence on the part of the Service Department which is worse than a incompetent technician.

OP
OP
C00TER

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Update
My dealership told me itā€™s normal for the check engine light to blink with the electric's in the active or start position with the engine off. Can anyone with Bronc verify this for me.
thanks in advance

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Today before I started my truck the check engine light flashed 8 times then then stayed on. If you watch the video you notice that the airbag light is on and goes off when the check engine light starts to flash, then comes back on when the check engine light stops flashing. So I suspect I have airbag defaultā€¦
Thoughts???
Hello there! Are you still experiencing this check engine concern? If so, please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer. Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: 0ne

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Update
My dealership told me itā€™s normal for the check engine light to blink with the electric's in the active or start position with the engine off. Can anyone with Bronc verify this for me.
thanks in advance
No it is not normal, at least it did not do it in mine.

Got in my Bronco, press the start button once without my foot on the brake. Dash lights up including the engine light. Stays solid on the entire time until I press the button again. That's when the dash shuts down but the radio stays on until I open the door.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thoughts???

I wanted to follow up on this. So after having my Bronco for 5 months now, I finally broke down and used Forscan on it. I did the following...

Lowered my TPMS PSI warning
Added Rock Crawl Goat
Set my Radio to Flat EQ
Cleared any DTC error codes (had a couple random ones)

Somewhere in that process, my Engine light now flashes.

It reminded me of your question and my response. I'm not sure why it does it now (no codes) but I'm wondering if maybe your bronco has ever been Forscaned?

OP
OP
C00TER

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no, my Bronco has never been four scanned however, my check engine light stopped flashing with the key in the arm position in the engine off. What the tech told me at Ford was this was the emissions relearning the parameters of the engine after a long extended time with the battery being disconnected when they were doing work. and now, since Iā€™ve been driving the vehicle again, this seems to be the case.
Sponsored