First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Around 1000 miles the check engine light came on. P0456. Took in to ford to troubleshoot. They didn’t do anything and just reset the computer or update. Drove 100 miles and code came back. Took back to dealer and they check and said it’s the evap. They replace a new evap. Drive for about 1000 miles and the code came back. I just reset it myself and check the same code. I thinking must be ford common issue with the evap leaks.
Sponsored

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't think that it is a common issue. It shouldn't be that hard to diagnose, however. You need to take it to a shop that has a smoke tester. These small machines generate harmless smoke and pump it into the evap system using a very small pressure. You connect it - preferably with the vehicle already on a lift and then you inspect the evap system from front to rear. First place to look is obviously under the hood but if no smoke is seen, work your way back and under and all the way back to the fuel tank.

OP
OP

Neejmais

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think that it is a common issue. It shouldn't be that hard to diagnose, however. You need to take it to a shop that has a smoke tester. These small machines generate harmless smoke and pump it into the evap system using a very small pressure. You connect it - preferably with the vehicle already on a lift and then you inspect the evap system from front to rear. First place to look is obviously under the hood but if no smoke is seen, work your way back and under and all the way back to the fuel tank.

OP
OP

Neejmais

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took it to ford but seem like they haven’t found what the problem is yet. But if next time the check engine comes on same code I’ll take it back to ford

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe your "gas cap" isn't sealing correctly. I'm just guessing but yeah, they're going to have to do a smoke test to figure out where it's leaking.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Around 1000 miles the check engine light came on. P0456. Took in to ford to troubleshoot. They didn’t do anything and just reset the computer or update. Drove 100 miles and code came back. Took back to dealer and they check and said it’s the evap. They replace a new evap. Drive for about 1000 miles and the code came back. I just reset it myself and check the same code. I thinking must be ford common issue with the evap leaks.
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I’d be happy to look into this on my end.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took it to ford but seem like they haven’t found what the problem is yet. But if next time the check engine comes on same code I’ll take it back to ford
Did Ford figure out the problem. At 4K miles, my 2.3 is throwing the same code. I was wondering what to look for.

Thanks.

OP
OP

Neejmais

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did Ford figure out the problem. At 4K miles, my 2.3 is throwing the same code. I was wondering what to look for.

Thanks.
first timeI took it in and they reset it. After a month it came back. They say

Thanks.
It came up and I made a appt but cancel it. I reset the ecu and went away for couple months now. If it comes back I’ll take it in. I think it is the gas. no gas cap causing check engine light.

Coronabronco

Badlands
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone got an update on this?? 2021 manual bronco also throwing this evap error code

Sponsored

Moncrief

Badlands
First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any update? Mine has been in the shop multiple times due to the EVAP & they’ve replaced parts as well but it’s still having issues. Engine light says on! Now I can’t fill the tank. Gas just spits back out. This has been going on for a couple months and I’m beyond frustrated

Twerky_Turkey

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
also looking for updates. mine is at Ford dealer now for 3rd time on code P0456.

Twerky_Turkey

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any update? Mine has been in the shop multiple times due to the EVAP & they’ve replaced parts as well but it’s still having issues. Engine light says on! Now I can’t fill the tank. Gas just spits back out. This has been going on for a couple months and I’m beyond frustrated
what parts did they replace? They replaced the fuel tank pressure sensor on mine and light came back not long after. this seems to happen when fuel tank gets low to around 1/4 tank or less.
Sponsored