Sponsored

Coil Over question - Do I still have a SAS?

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am considering replacing my FabTech DirtLogic coil overs. My bronco is badlands with the SaS package off the showroom floor, however, I have replaced the upper A arm, shocks and tie rods.

When looking at new coil overs is there really a difference in them when they say some are for Non Sasquatch Broncos and some for Sasquatch?
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are some differences when you have SAS, so yeah, it matters. The SAS even has a different spare tire carrier due to the unique offset they run on the rims.

Here's some good summary posts I found:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ide-lift-heights-with-wheel-tire-sizes.17719/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/badlands-vs-sasquatch-suspension.21739/#post-774416

I should have been more clear, there are NO parts of my Bronco that are part of the Sasquatch package left on my Bronco as far as I can tell...I don't even have a spare tire carrier.

Ford Bronco Coil Over question - Do I still have a SAS? 20231111_111138

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, it makes a difference. No matter how much you replace / replaced, it started its life as a SAS.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I read those posts right SAS suspension mounting points are at a different height - so the travels / spring compression would be different if you tried to use a non-SAS specific part

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If I read those posts right SAS suspension mounting points are at a different height - so the travels / spring compression would be different if you tried to use a non-SAS specific part
Interesting... Because I thought the difference between non-SAS as it was changed to SAS was that Ford removed the crash bars, put a 1.5 inch lift (coils and shocks - Bilstein to replace the Hitachis) on it and changed the wheel offset from +55 to +30 and the wheel width from an 8" to 8.5", put 35 inch tires on it, and addressed the spare carrier to mount a different offset and width tire.... I did not know of mounting point differences or any other differences. HOSS 2 rack stayed the same and tie rids stayed the same, same control arms. They did specify the lowest gear ratio (4.7) with the 220 and 210 as mandatory upgrades.

hhmmmm.... What mounting points were relocated?

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure I believe the coil over mounting points are different.

On the ICON website the same part number has 2 different descriptions but same part number, hence why Iam asking. (K40004tx) same price as well.

Ford Bronco Coil Over question - Do I still have a SAS? Screenshot_20240201_183013_Chrome

Ford Bronco Coil Over question - Do I still have a SAS? Screenshot_20240201_182919_Chrome

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

hhmmmm.... What mounting points were relocated?
I don’t have a sas to verify anything with - just trying to read those spreadsheets and looking at the differences between Badlands with and without SAS - could all just be a lift but that seems odd that a lot of other aftermarket suspension parts would be different if that’s all it was /shrug

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don’t have a sas to verify anything with - just trying to read those spreadsheets and looking at the differences between Badlands with and without SAS - could all just be a lift but that seems odd that a lot of other aftermarket suspension parts would be different if that’s all it was /shrug
I know a lot of Non-SAS did not opt for the optional 210.... and when they quote "Lift" it will definitely be different numbers (amount of lift) for the same product. I really do not think any of the mounting points changed... In fact the non-SAS Badlands has a bit more articulation than the SAS Badlands because Ford limited travel with a larger bump stop on the Bilsteins so that the 35s did not rub.

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Why are you considering replacing your Fab Tech Dirt Logic coil overs? I had a rubbing issue with their rear coilovers on my 2 door. They ended up replacing them, but took 6 months.

Ford Bronco Coil Over question - Do I still have a SAS? IMG_0025
I just got sprayed with shock oil on a Fabtech Resi that was on a dealer display build, they had put a few trail miles on it..... Not sure what was going on but just unlocking the doors somehow triggered the shocks to pressurize and the resi started spraying oil... Just a quick burst... Not continuous, but a serious problem... Not sure if it was trail damage or what.

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why are you considering replacing your Fab Tech Dirt Logic coil overs? I had a rubbing issue with their rear coilovers on my 2 door. They ended up replacing them, but took 6 months.

Ford Bronco Coil Over question - Do I still have a SAS? IMG_0025
I'm getting noise on the front passenger side when under 25mph on bumps in tje road like the top mount bolts are loose. They sent me new alignment spacers and a bearing where the bolt on the side on the top goes thru the coil over.

That seemed to help alot but the noise is still there just not as frequent or loud.

I may call them tomorrow and see what they say.

J.Marr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully you have a better customer service rep. than I had.

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully you have a better customer service rep. than I had.
They are not very willing to just send an entire replacement. They want to go thru and rebuild everything which is annoying and time consuming.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Most manufacturers sell the kits as same parts for Sas vs. non, just telling you how much lift you’ll get over stock setup in each case. There’s no difference in control arms , etc between Sas and non
Sponsored