Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been seeing a lot about how a lift will affect a few of the other factory suspension bits. What are some kind of supporting mods that Bronco owners should also consider before doing something like a 2.5-3" coilover lift?
To get the front end back to factory alignment settings, likely an aftermarket UCA. I've heard mixed opinions about adding rear links to let the rear end move around easier. Depending on which kit, extended rear brake lines may be needed.

Biggest thing I'd recommend is to not lift as far as you can. The more droop travel you leave in the front and rear end, the better it'll drive. Crank it up to get almost no down travel and it'll ride extremely harsh.
Sponsored

Howling Coyote

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Little bit of a weird angle but you get idea.
1661526538097.png
Just received my King setup.
For reference, their lower cup is about 7”. A full inch higher than the Icon setup.

Ford Bronco Coilover come to Jeebus FE537BF8-8E9A-4632-A41B-73633D04EF8A

DanielIvan

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To get the front end back to factory alignment settings, likely an aftermarket UCA. I've heard mixed opinions about adding rear links to let the rear end move around easier. Depending on which kit, extended rear brake lines may be needed.

Biggest thing I'd recommend is to not lift as far as you can. The more droop travel you leave in the front and rear end, the better it'll drive. Crank it up to get almost no down travel and it'll ride extremely harsh.
Thanks, I'm very new to off-road capable utility vehicles so I'm learning a lot as I go. Looking at the Eibach Stage 2 coil over kit - and really I'm just looking to get it up to Sasquatch level. I don't plan to go any higher than that because my Bronco is also a daily driver so I would like a balanced suspension set up that is still comfortable on Los Angeles roads, but also more capable on the trails I do hit compared to the factory suspension that comes on the OBX.

Sponsored

Myke98

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just received my King setup.
For reference, their lower cup is about 7”. A full inch higher than the Icon setup.

Ford Bronco Coilover come to Jeebus FE537BF8-8E9A-4632-A41B-73633D04EF8A
I would recommend checking your hose direction before you mount. I had mine mounted and now I have to have them removed (+$500) to have king turn the fitting locations because the hoses are too tight.

If your hoses measure 17.5" end of crimp to end of crimp check the rotation of your reservoir before having them installed. King was super helpful but they aren't going to pay to have them removed again for the service.

302569035_791607188652510_8044931479186367258_n.jpg

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would recommend checking your hose direction before you mount. I had mine mounted and now I have to have them removed (+$500) to have king turn the fitting locations because the hoses are too tight.

If your hoses measure 17.5" end of crimp to end of crimp check the rotation of your reservoir before having them installed. King was super helpful but they aren't going to pay to have them removed again for the service.

Ford Bronco Coilover come to Jeebus 302569035_791607188652510_8044931479186367258_n
Have you tried rotating the reservoir with the fitting on top? Too much twist in the hydraulic line?

Ford Bronco Coilover come to Jeebus DE93A93E-D446-40B9-8B0D-0A4E8C639A4C

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Texas Complete Bronco had the kit in stock and they got it to me asap. Thanks! ✌
King? I don't see any King on their website. Do you mean Fox?

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, our previous conversation was all about Eibach Pro Stage 2 Coilovers. Nothing else đź‘Ť

Sponsored

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re looking for a set of Kings try Juggernaut. He had an extra set in stock a week or two ago

MKD1983

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150 / 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
NCB DIESEL IN NC HAD SOME ON THE SHELF LAST WEEK, THEY MAY STILL HAVE THEM

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, I've been following the Icon coilover issues where the coil springs contact factory tierods and aftermarket sleeves. I read that they are addressing the issue to provide greater offset to clear factory tierods and some sleeves - which is good to hear. They are also developing a beefier tierod designed to give even more clearence, but they won't be available until Q1 2023 at the earliest. I was leaning toward Icon before all of this came to light and I can't for the life of me figure out how this wasn't seen I testing. :unsure:

Anyhow, I'm not ruling out Icon - I really think when it's all said and done they will have a great system, but it looks like it may delay availability even longer than it already is.

I would really like to know if any issues have been seen with any of the other players in the market - Fox, King, Radflo, Eibach, or even the new Bilstein 6100s, or any others that I'm forgetting.

Lastly, are any brand coilovers currently in stock anywhere? I'm not dropping several $ks on coilovers and have to wait 6 months plus to receive them. First world problem - I know...
Zero issues with the Eibachs. I have them on my BD Sas on 37 KO2s. I’m up about 2/3 of they way on the adjusters. Lift about 2.5 inches over stock squatch bd.

HenryGX

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just wanted to throw it out there. I have the Icon Stg4 setup with rock jock lower rear links and the ride is pretty awesome IMO. I've put about 700ish miles and 1 offroad trip on them.

On road - a little firmer than stock sasquatch but not rough at all. I also went to 37's and even with those it handles and drives basically stock feeling.

Off-road - I didn't air down this last trip and with the icon's it felt like I had. Soaks up the bumps so nicely. Also couple spots where I pulled a rear tire in the air it stayed on the ground.

I'm still stock tie-rods (I live my life one bad decision at a time).
Great to hear the Icon Stg4 is recommended here. My friend is highly considering it. He already ordered a set of tires from 4Wheelonline and looking to do the coilover and tie rod upgrades next.
Sponsored