Sponsored

Collecting parts and accessories while anxiously waiting for delivery!

OP
OP

stanger1944

Base
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 F150, 16 F150, 2010 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Every time I visit these forums it usually costs me $$$ - just can’t help myself.

I’m probably in for about $2500-$3000 so far with the Bestop Trektop a good chunk of that.

Still waiting on my 2 door MIC Badlands with no build date yet.

Even though I have a signed Sales order and my dealer has assured me multiple times that they will not charge me ADM I worry that once it arrives at the dealer they will charge me some BS ADM. Will it piss me off enough to give up on my build and be stuck with all these accessories remains to be seen.
Yep I know what you mean on costing $$. I want a Trektop for summer months but also don't want to find a place to store each top when not using.
Sponsored

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm doing something a bit different (curious if anyone else is doing this):

I don't want to jinx myself (I'm not really superstitious but still...) and I could be waiting a while. Feb 2021 res and order - Badsquatch with all the "wrong" stuff (2.7 Lux MIC top towing). I initially was hoping for some time early-mid summer but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I've found some really cool classic Bronco stuff (was walking through a Goodwill and found a like new set of old Bronco canvas folding/camping chairs with the carrying case) but otherwise I've stayed away from buying stuff specifically for my Bronco for two reasons - (1) I don't want to stare at a pile of goodies that I might have to wait a long time to use/I'm looking forward to shopping when I know it's actually build and on the way and (2) Who know's what the future is going to bring? Right now I've got a 2012 VW CC in fantastic condition so I'm not in a situation where I *need* my Bronco here...but what if my situation changes?

See - there's very little at this point that would make me give up my reservation. From what it seems right now there are only two real downsides to waiting: interest rates are going to go up so my loan will cost a bit more and (what I think is worse) losing another summer without having a vehicle that'll allow me to access a lot of the high country (I live in the Denver area so there are a ton of places that my car/my wife's Q5 can't reach - and that's where I want to go). But what if something happens and Ford tells me it's going to be another 3-4 years? I'm not waiting half a decade from the time I placed the order for a vehicle.

Anyway wall of text aside - I'm buying overlanding camping gear. I grew up backpacking so all my gear was bought with weight/portability (not comfort) in mind. But I'm married to an awesome woman who's (thankfully at least) open to glamping (not the utilitarian camping I used to do) and we also have a 4 year old. I can't really picture my daughter carrying a pack and hiking in 10 miles over treeline.

So in the past year I've bought: Kodiak flexbow super deluxe 10x14 tent, flannel sleeping bags rated to -25 (super comfortable but huge), coleman blow up mattress on a folding metal frame, REI rollout tables, 2 burner camp chef, a couple yeti coolers, camping lantern/fan combo, camping chairs...and the purchasing continues (recently also bought a propane fire pit since I don't believe in cold camping and we've had pretty bad fire restrictions for a while).

At the end of the day I just can't bring myself to spend much on a vehicle I might not have for a long time - worst case scenario I buy something else (*really* prefer a Bronco over a jeep as does my better half...but I can only wait so long) and my camping gear is just as useful in any good offroad vehicle.

Also by the time my Bronco arrives there'll be even more aftermarket options. I'm not really an early adopter type and I figure if there's stuff I want/need for my Bronco I'll have the greatest selection by waiting until I absolutely *have* to order.

Last edited:

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fuel wheels
Bronco script matte black
Black pony
Going to blackout the BL grill
Next big one will be patriot fastback hard top
Later
Mandroline fog pockets
Debating which bumper light bar
Maxlider fenders
Zroadz steps
Bunch of stickerfab stuff
What Fuel wheels have you chosen for your EG Bronco?

Rmtok1

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think I have about $1300 in FordPass points I need to spend. Need to go shopping

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Several items got on sale so pulled the trigger...

JCR Baja Bar
Best Top Bimini Shade top
Sticker Fab interior Stickers
IAG soft top hydraulic shocks
Bronco SCRIPT FENDER BADGES
Fast Intentions door sill guard
OCD Plug screen protector

Hmmm bought more than I realized after listing it all out. May be jinxing myself since my build week has changed 6 times now :unsure: 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A bunch of 2.0 in tubing and steel plate,a winch mounting plate ,and a 12.
,000 lb winch to make a bumper when /if it arrives

Quiz

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Wrangler, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would order all I could, with all the delays on items including your Bronco, it could take awhile to get everything you want delivered.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

told myself I wouldn't buy anything for the Bronco until I at minimum had a VIN, but I saw this and couldn't resist 🤣🤣

Ford Bronco Collecting parts and accessories while anxiously waiting for delivery! pineapple-keychain-7194_1024x1024@2x

Untrained Horse

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I waited until I got my vin and build week. Then I started ordering stuff. @Quiz is right, I’m waiting on a lot, there are delays on everything!

Sponsored

Dad23Fords

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve felt compelled to accessorize since my order was confirmed. First thing was the BroncoDepot matte black script back in November. Then, in December I ordered the AR Stirrups and the long dash rail. Neither of those have arrived yet. Also ordered a custom Gearshade top in December that arrived quickly. And looks awesome.

In January I ordered all the parts for a gopro and a phone mount for the dash rail. Then some Stickerfab stuff, like sunvisor warning label covers and door step guards. I also got the center console molle panels.

The new Diabolical slipstream rear storage is easily the best on the market and a good investment, so I ordered it this week. The molle panels and rack rail that go with it are neat, so I got those too.

I found out yesterday my blend date is 2/25! Also last night, the Georgia license plate guy solved my capable bumper problem. So I bought his bracket. I ordered about an hour after he started taking orders and based on his Venmo feed, I think I’m somewhere around 150th in line.

Broncos need mudflaps. You’d think a company in the mudflap biz would have been ready to sell products for a super hot vehicle that needs mudflaps like a fish needs water. But you’d be wrong, at least when it comes to RokBlokz. So today I gave up and ordered the reasonably priced gatorback mudflaps at sharptruck. Also, the maxlift redline hood struts. Cause, hoods gotta lift way up, right? How can I someday install an under-hood ARB air compressor and use it to blow up pool toys if the hood don’t lift way up?

That’s mostly everything I wanted to have the day it arrives. Ironically, I ordered the AR items early to absolutely positively make sure they were here before the Bronco. Those beautiful side steps. That sweet sweet dash rail. Now 2 months have passed and those are the only things I’d be shocked to see before I take delivery. The Diabolical stuff might be cutting it close, but I’m optimistic because they seem like people who have their shit together.

In the post-delivery near future, I think I’m gonna want more light. Maybe a pair of SS3 amber fog lights for the bumper and SS3 white spot lights for ditch lights. I’d like to see what the factory perimeter lighting is like before getting any SS3s for the back. Also, maybe the Bronco Oracle lights, but I want to see them in real life before I buy.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

BYOD rail from AR
King Shocks 2.5
hard to no load up the garage with accessories, but so far I have been resisting.

KhoiPhish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Several items got on sale so pulled the trigger...

JCR Baja Bar
Best Top Bimini Shade top
Sticker Fab interior Stickers
IAG soft top hydraulic shocks
Bronco SCRIPT FENDER BADGES
Fast Intentions door sill guard
OCD Plug screen protector

Hmmm bought more than I realized after listing it all out. May be jinxing myself since my build week has changed 6 times now :unsure: 🤷‍♂️
Where'd you get the bronco script fender badges?

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Has anyone considered a tailgate table? I love the one Goose overland makes but it is $$$.
I also like the Rockslide eng one, but a little too much logo in the design for me.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This week I ordered a Lone Wolf threaded barrel for my 26 and I've been eying these.

2E9B9E46CC460303C734D2C95616C7D2CDCAAE26CDD29B536383D2A2269B339CCD9D239E8F36C99C9AF553.jpg
Sponsored