First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So much research is put into the science of why people buy what they do. And its as complex and convolute as any of the science in the materials in the car. Who will buy it? What’s the balance between price point and units sold. Once decided on the purchase how can we sell them more of the product (accessories, higher trim levels).

The ONE thing they have a hard time measuring is the emotional attachment to A new product. (Bronco would be considered a new product).

The majority of their research is collected now from data mining bots via social media.

So my estimate after all the fervor is recognized and collected from this site and Kneaded through their Algorithms, you might see on the B and P a statement like.:
“AllBronco trim packages come with defecation from the Quality Inspector on the drivers seat. To null this feature- $695.”

we have tipped our collective hand. I love my car company but it doesn’t love me. ?
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are getting to the point where the expense of getting what you want (formally known as "options" or things that you wanted, could select and then pay for) is being transferred from the car maker to the aftermarket. Case in point, how many folks on this forum are prepared to have their top repainted after delivery to the color white, or to have the frame of the vehicle re-painted like the roll out model in CG? Or the changes in the grille to get the one they want, or to repaint the grilles white or silver. Not to mention the interior, mechanicals, etc. It is purely about profit. But the better the aftermarket gets at providing the consumer with exactly what they want at a fair price, the less inclined the buyer will be to purchase directly through the car maker. It will be interesting to see if the white top is available, the light interior is available, the bumper with both fog lights and hooks, etc, etc, etc., from Ford. What was it that Henry Ford said about paint color?........."They can have any color they want as long as it's part of the Unlimited Trim Package."
Exactly. People were getting on to me for wanting to know exactly how much the bronco would cost, but if you are considering getting a custom paint job, that is important!

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lol some people don't want more stuff, they want less stuff but the right color. Why couldn't Ford just charge $1k-$2k upcharge on the lower trims and the $595 upcharge like they do on the higher trims? People aren't asking Ford to not make a profit. They're asking for compromise at a premium.
People are complaining about the price of a tow package. Can you imagine the uproar here if paint costs $1500 on one trim and the same paint is $500 on another?

motoarch

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel sorry for the poor blokes who are waiting to buy a Bronco from the lot rather than reserving and ordering one right now. Not just for the reason you mentioned, but for the financial raping that will inevitably commence with insane dealership markups. Man that will suck for them.
I don't and I'll explain.

I put a deposit on a tesla 3 the night they opened reservations.

When it came time to fill those reservations they decided it was easier and more economical to ship and fill orders for dual motor cars only at first.

That meant your place inline was irrelevant if you wanted a single motor model.

This also meant that some of those dual motor cars went unclaimed by people like myself that didn't want that version.

People who had no reservation were able to order dual motor versions of the car and take delivery before me when I had at that point been holding a reservation for over a year.

I'm not saying ford will take the same approach but it's possible that some of us will be stuck waiting for our spec build while people without a reservation can walk on to a lot and drive off the same day with a bronco, no reservation.
Sponsored