First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco 4dr WT, 18 JLU Wrangler, 18 JKU Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where I do understand that, we all know that especially the driver side could wear out pretty quickly from the right heel resting in the driving position. Just to protect the investment I think maybe just a reinforced area for the driver side would be a great addition if no rubber floor mats are to be use.
We lifetime warranty the floor, even from heel wear. We started selling Armorlite to the aftermarket in 2019 as a subdivision of our OEM company. Since our first floor in 2019 we have not had one request for warranty because of wear. I have not seen one of our floors with the grain worn out yet. I wear cowboy boots a lot of the time and I can go through a vinyl mat in a year or 2, and no issues.
Sponsored

eduard4us

Outer Banks
First Name
Eduard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We lifetime warranty the floor, even from heel wear. We started selling Armorlite to the aftermarket in 2019 as a subdivision of our OEM company. Since our first floor in 2019 we have not had one request for warranty because of wear. I have not seen one of our floors with the grain worn out yet. I wear cowboy boots a lot of the time and I can go through a vinyl mat in a year or 2, and no issues.
That’s awesome! I think I’m sold, can’t wait to see the price and you might have another customer in me :)

Rodzm

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Base
What I’ve been waiting for, for my 2dr!

Reactions: Geo

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2 Door I am interested.

Reactions: Geo

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like I can weigh in here as I had a JL with the full Armorlite build (except cargo - my Bronco got built after a 2.5 year wait just as it came out). I'm in sand, mud, etc. all of the time between surf/kiteboarding and mtn biking so a washout floor is a necessity. Here's my comp between the stock rubberized flooring and Armorlite:

Armorlite Pros:
Heavy Duty, much tougher than the Bronco rubberized flooring based on thickness, etc.
More resistant to tearing, etc.
Great company/customer support - from NC

Cons:
Sand, etc. can get underneath where the front/rear come together.
Discolor from sand, after a year, sand was beat in to the grain.
No cargo option yet

Bronco Factor Flooring Pros:
Built in from factory
Better water channeling in my opinion to the drains (this may be better in the Bronco than the Jeep)

Cons:
Rear cargo area does not drain well
Areas missing (under rear seats - 2 door)
Durability long-term?

The toss-ups would be the discoloring noted, I have had no issues with the Bronco over a year of ownership and a lot of sand thrown on it. The install for Armorlite is fairly straightforward, although you do have to detach your seats and console, not sure how that will work for the Bronco. It's definitely a DIY project that took an afternoon. It's an interesting market for Armorlite, because I feel like anyone that wants a rubberized floor would have bought that build. Personally, I can't think of having a Jeep or Bronco with carpet inside, that seems pointless.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I feel like I can weigh in here as I had a JL with the full Armorlite build (except cargo - my Bronco got built after a 2.5 year wait just as it came out). I'm in sand, mud, etc. all of the time between surf/kiteboarding and mtn biking so a washout floor is a necessity. Here's my comp between the stock rubberized flooring and Armorlite:

Armorlite Pros:
Heavy Duty, much tougher than the Bronco rubberized flooring based on thickness, etc.

Cons:
No cargo option yet

Built in from factory
Better water channeling in my opinion to the drains (this may be better in the Bronco than the Jeep)

Cons:
Durability long-term?

The toss-ups would be the discoloring noted, I have had no issues with the Bronco over a year of ownership and a lot of sand thrown on it. The install for Armorlite is fairly straightforward, although you do have to detach your seats and console, not sure how that will work for the Bronco. It's definitely a DIY project that took an afternoon. It's an interesting market for Armorlite, because I feel like anyone that wants a rubberized floor would have bought that build. Personally, I can't think of having a Jeep or Bronco with carpet inside, that seems pointless.
I appreciate the feedback.
Have you tried our cleaner to get the black back? Buy it, if it doesn't do the job I will refund the cleaner. It is made for exactly this type of material and can restore from that dirt haze without making it slick.

I think our drainage is better for this model as the Bronco ergonomics are better suited to start with. But we can share the production model when its done and let you guys judge that.

Not sure what 2dr model you are referring to missing areas, can you DM me a pic to make sure you are setup with the right stuff? I know the old JKU 4dr we don't have a small transition between cargo and under back seat which we hope to revise, but I am confused on the 2dr.

Also Bronco has no transitions as it is all one piece.

Last edited:

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Armorlite Pros:

Cons:
No cargo option yet

Built in from factory

Cons:
Durability long-term?

As a vinyl-floor BL owner (and prior Jeep owner) I agree with all you said.
From my perspective on this:
I have the factory flooring. It looks good, drains the actual footwell portions well, has held up fine (with the use always of the factory mats).
My gripes with it are potentially something that the Armorlite may/may not address.
And it may be a design issue/feature we will never get around, even with quality Aftermarket flooring as Armorlite sells.
Situations I personally dislike:
-The channels that run length-wise right inside the threshold are a PITA to get water out of. The water that does get in there you can soak up with a rag and wring it out, repeat several times. But the water never really gets out. It goes under the plastic caps there where bundles of thin wiring run. It goes under the factory washout flooring.
-Same issue with the drain plugs. Great water channeling to them in the flat open areas, but water also gets under the mat there. You can push down on the flooring and water will refill the drain port cavity and run out (or get sucked back under the floor when you let up).

All that said, from my perspective:
If Armorlite can, at minimum, make the drain ports with the material going down into the Bronco's floorpan vs. flush with it and allow water to exit without going under, it is a small win for the upgrade. I'm not sure anyone can do anything about the side channels without extending the edges to travel up under those plastic covers better with a lip around the perimeter.

And possibly Armorlite can chime in here with their observations/thoughts on those issues?

I'm in the market for a better flooring option that keeps the water off of my metal floor and off of the wiring bundles. And of course, more robust is a great plus.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you tried our cleaner to get the black back? Buy it, if it doesn't do the job I will refund the cleaner.
I'm sure it would.......so the JL has gone on to a new home. I do love your customer service...Armorlite is literally one reason I bought the JL as I hated Rhinoliner/Line-X as an option in my TJ/JK. The JK I actually did nothing and basically destroyed the cab throughout.

I'm going to roll with the factory rubberized flooring for now, but.....I do agree with the previous poster in that I believe there's water getting underneath and I ultimately may have a rust/moisture issue.

Has anyone removed the rubberized flooring from a 2 door? How big of a pain is that?

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Consider me a buyer.

OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Wildtrak
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As a vinyl-floor BL owner (and prior Jeep owner) I agree with all you said.
From my perspective on this:
I have the factory flooring. It looks good, drains the actual footwell portions well, has held up fine (with the use always of the factory mats).
My gripes with it are potentially something that the Armorlite may/may not address.
And it may be a design issue/feature we will never get around, even with quality Aftermarket flooring as Armorlite sells.
Situations I personally dislike:
-The channels that run length-wise right inside the threshold are a PITA to get water out of. The water that does get in there you can soak up with a rag and wring it out, repeat several times. But the water never really gets out. It goes under the plastic caps there where bundles of thin wiring run. It goes under the factory washout flooring.
-Same issue with the drain plugs. Great water channeling to them in the flat open areas, but water also gets under the mat there. You can push down on the flooring and water will refill the drain port cavity and run out (or get sucked back under the floor when you let up).

All that said, from my perspective:
If Armorlite can, at minimum, make the drain ports with the material going down into the Bronco's floorpan vs. flush with it and allow water to exit without going under, it is a small win for the upgrade. I'm not sure anyone can do anything about the side channels without extending the edges to travel up under those plastic covers better with a lip around the perimeter.

And possibly Armorlite can chime in here with their observations/thoughts on those issues?

I'm in the market for a better flooring option that keeps the water off of my metal floor and off of the wiring bundles. And of course, more robust is a great plus.
Thanks for the feedback, I quoted this statement in red from your post
I am 95% sure you have your plugs installed incorrectly. The drain plug should have 2 ribs pushed down past the floors sheet metal.
This is a common install error in wrangler, the floors are so tight fitting that they don't allow a ton of play, and if the customer isn't diligent enough it will seem that the plug is in place just through the floor material and not engaged through the floor pan.
The plug flange has a tipped edge that when pushed down all the way flexes up adding pressure against the floor surface and seals it off from surface water bypassing the plug. It is not calked or sealed but I still have ran tests to show 2 hours of water retainage without bypass.

Bronco we started with new plugs and design, there is a lot more room for adjustment Plugs should be no issue with this design. Another Bronco benefit is under the floor is factory passive drains that wick out any rogue moisture if you were to turn the whole thing into a kiddypool.

We addressed the Wrangler plug issue a few years ago with this video, which I have some new points to address but this might help explain.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Wildtrak
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm sure it would.......so the JL has gone on to a new home. I do love your customer service...Armorlite is literally one reason I bought the JL as I hated Rhinoliner/Line-X as an option in my TJ/JK. The JK I actually did nothing and basically destroyed the cab throughout.

I'm going to roll with the factory rubberized flooring for now, but.....I do agree with the previous poster in that I believe there's water getting underneath and I ultimately may have a rust/moisture issue.

Has anyone removed the rubberized flooring from a 2 door? How big of a pain is that?
The only issue with removing the factory floor is they installed it prior to the dash so over the tunnel is a weird 2" strip of floor that is tucked under the hvac, only purpose I can conclude is it aided installing in the factory. It cuts really easy and if you pull it to one side and make a little slice it comes out without pulling everything apart. And that slice tucks back under hvac plenum.
Also the B pillar trim clips don't always come off in tact, we actually are including new clips in our kit for this reason.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only issue with removing the factory floor is they installed it prior to the dash so over the tunnel is a weird 2" strip of floor that is tucked under the hvac, only purpose I can conclude is it aided installing in the factory. It cuts really easy and if you pull it to one side and make a little slice it comes out without pulling everything apart. And that slice tucks back under hvac plenum.
Also the B pillar trim clips don't always come off in tact, we actually are including new clips in our kit for this reason.
Cool, maybe down the road a cargo area portion for the rear of the 2 door might be a nice add-on for me. That's the area that really gets beat and covered in sand. Exhibit A attached!

Also......Armorlite you will see that I used one of your competitors for the cargo area in my JL (only because it wasn't available yet) and re-purposed some of it in the Bronco....bonus points for anyone that can spot it.

Ford Bronco Coming soon: Armorlite replacement flooring for 2dr and 4dr Bronco Bronco_Cargo Area

OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Wildtrak
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cool, maybe down the road a cargo area portion for the rear of the 2 door might be a nice add-on for me. That's the area that really gets beat and covered in sand. Exhibit A attached!

Also......Armorlite you will see that I used one of your competitors for the cargo area in my JL (only because it wasn't available yet) and re-purposed some of it in the Bronco....bonus points for anyone that can spot it.

Ford Bronco Coming soon: Armorlite replacement flooring for 2dr and 4dr Bronco Bronco_Cargo Area
I see the tred haha. We wanted to offer something that is more functional for cargo since making another cargo mat is just what is already available. We plan to make something more engineered with our same durability and cleanability. But seeing as the Bronco cargo is not setup like the Wranglers we didn't want to hold up a floor kit.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback, I quoted this statement in red from your post
I am 95% sure you have your plugs installed incorrectly. The drain plug should have 2 ribs pushed down past the floors sheet metal.
This is a common install error in wrangler, the floors are so tight fitting that they don't allow a ton of play, and if the customer isn't diligent enough it will seem that the plug is in place just through the floor material and not engaged through the floor pan.
The plug flange has a tipped edge that when pushed down all the way flexes up adding pressure against the floor surface and seals it off from surface water bypassing the plug. It is not calked or sealed but I still have ran tests to show 2 hours of water retainage without bypass.

Bronco we started with new plugs and design, there is a lot more room for adjustment Plugs should be no issue with this design. Another Bronco benefit is under the floor is factory passive drains that wick out any rogue moisture if you were to turn the whole thing into a kiddypool.

We addressed the Wrangler plug issue a few years ago with this video, which I have some new points to address but this might help explain.
That is exactly what I was talking about...but the issue is with the Ford factory washout, not yours.
The two major drawbacks I was referencing were pertaining to the OEM, hoping you guys were doing something different or better.
You addressed it and confirmed your flooring does exactly what I was wanting it to do there.
So yeah, big PLUS on the Armorlite vs. factory there.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do all Broncos have drain holes ?