First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Pathfindet, 85 300zx
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I must confess I am not a Ford guy. I had a shitbox Maverick in the 80's that got me tickets and left me stranded. I also had another shit Capri and a 3 on the tree van. They left me stranded as well. I walked away from Ford and never looked back.

In fact I spent decades mocking Fords. From ribs on the comfy tail gates while waiting on a wrecker to mocking mustangs doing mustang stuff with pedestrians.

I was a Nissan guy. Principally Z cars but also a pathfinder I built out from stock into a pretty capable rig. She's long in the tooth now and needs replacing. However replacing a built rig is not easy. What you gain in mechanical reliability you lose in purpose built functionality.

To get anything out of the box as capable was going to be a $50k plus purchase or a long ass wait with a stock platform to be able to begin to build back in functional features. Uggg....

So I held on to my ride, hoping Nissan would deliver a new Xterra pro-x or something similiar. Or at least a frontier that doesn't require a sawzall to fit 33's. No such luck.

Then I began seeing Bronco hints, then watched the reveal, then saw the trims, the sasquatch package, the talk of 200 factory supplied off road items and the projected price points...

So I ponied up $100 and took my place in line for a Ford.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm a bit with you on this but for slightly different reasons. The last time I bought a new American Car it cost me $30k... 5 years later, still in perfect condition, the dealer offered me $5k for a trade in. Ended up selling it private for $7k but still... a car that lost $5k per year.. I was so done with America Depreciation!

Bought a Tacoma for $24k sold it 3 years later for $21k and that was to a Dealer.. didn't even bother with Private.

I know this Bronco is going to be the same. They say Jeeps hold their value but I see plenty of the used Wranglers around for under $20k.. So all I can hope for is that the Bronco loves me back and it will be a keeper until either it's wheels fall off or mine do !

OP
OP
Zraver

Zraver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Pathfindet, 85 300zx
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As long as they dont turnout to be nechanical turds the Bronco is going to be an instant classic. Any delays in production only bump that up not down.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a bit with you on this but for slightly different reasons. The last time I bought a new American Car it cost me $30k... 5 years later, still in perfect condition, the dealer offered me $5k for a trade in. Ended up selling it private for $7k but still... a car that lost $5k per year.. I was so done with America Depreciation!

Bought a Tacoma for $24k sold it 3 years later for $21k and that was to a Dealer.. didn't even bother with Private.

I know this Bronco is going to be the same. They say Jeeps hold their value but I see plenty of the used Wranglers around for under $20k.. So all I can hope for is that the Bronco loves me back and it will be a keeper until either it's wheels fall off or mine do !
I’m a long time tacoma owner and always loved the value the truck holds, but with the giant leasing program that Toyota has down the past 3-4 years with the tacoma has derailed the truck and it’s ability to hold its value, Toyota has flooded the market with the cheap leasing option and now the trucks can be found on every used car lot ..

I really hope Ford doesn’t opt to follow suit with the bronco

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base