Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll be installing a Warn Zeon 10S once I take delivery of my Badlands. I’d like to be able to cut the power to the winch using one of the auxiliary switches in the cab. I’ve got very basic electric skills so I’m not the best at figuring this stuff out. With that said is the installation as easy as installing the Warn power interrupt kit, in the link below, between the winch and the battery and then connecting the Warn kit to one the Bronco’s auxiliary switches in the cab rather than the switch included with the Warn kit?

https://www.amazon.com/WARN-62132-Power-Interrupt-Kit/dp/B000CQFVN8

Other than this kit are there other viable and easy solutions to shut off the winch power with one of the auxiliary switches?
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I presume that the winch comes with it's own relay? You should be able power the relay from the battery then use one of the auxiliary switches (I'd probably use #1) to activate the relay. Shouldn't need the power interrupt kit IMO.

BlueGhost

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor, 2018 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm pretty sure that is just a Ford starter solenoid and a batter cable. You should be able to roll your own for under $50.

solenoid

cable

EDIT: Scratch the Ford solenoid and go for the continuous duty one in zuke's post below.

Last edited:

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs