Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sharing my most recent offroading experience over the long weekend. This past weekend wasn't just about escaping the city; it was about testing my Bronco's capabilities in the unforgiving terrain of the Ocala National Forest. As I navigated the sandy trails, the forest unfolded its beauty – towering pines, sun-dappled clearings, and the occasional burnt offering of the forest.

The forest, however, had other plans for me. As the heavens opened up, the sandy trails transformed into mud bogs. My Bronco, as expected plowed through the muck with ease. But the downpour had a surprise waiting for me back at camp.

My hastily chosen tent, more suited for a casual backyard campout, succumbed to the relentless rain. I spent a soggy night huddled under the leaking shelter, vowing to invest in a proper all-weather tent before my next adventure.

The experience was a humbling one, reminding me that respecting the elements is crucial for any off-road trip. But even with a soggy tent and mud-caked clothes, the thrill of conquering the trails made the weekend unforgettable.

Another highlight of the trip came when I stumbled upon an adjoining campsite teeming with fellow Bronco enthusiasts. Their rigs, decked out in mud and sporting custom decals, were a sight to behold.

So, if you're planning an off-road adventure, remember: choose your shelter wisely, pack for the unexpected, and embrace the mud – it's all part of the experience!

Photo credit to Chad @ King Creative Photography

Ford Bronco Conquering the Ocala National Forest: A Bronco Adventure with Muddy Mishaps and Shelter Lessons IMG_4675

Ford Bronco Conquering the Ocala National Forest: A Bronco Adventure with Muddy Mishaps and Shelter Lessons IMG_4676

Ford Bronco Conquering the Ocala National Forest: A Bronco Adventure with Muddy Mishaps and Shelter Lessons IMG_4680

Ford Bronco Conquering the Ocala National Forest: A Bronco Adventure with Muddy Mishaps and Shelter Lessons 1000016757

Ford Bronco Conquering the Ocala National Forest: A Bronco Adventure with Muddy Mishaps and Shelter Lessons 1000016758

Ford Bronco Conquering the Ocala National Forest: A Bronco Adventure with Muddy Mishaps and Shelter Lessons 1000016761

Ford Bronco Conquering the Ocala National Forest: A Bronco Adventure with Muddy Mishaps and Shelter Lessons 1000016580

Ford Bronco Conquering the Ocala National Forest: A Bronco Adventure with Muddy Mishaps and Shelter Lessons 20240217_131239

Ford Bronco Conquering the Ocala National Forest: A Bronco Adventure with Muddy Mishaps and Shelter Lessons 20240217_075455

Ford Bronco Conquering the Ocala National Forest: A Bronco Adventure with Muddy Mishaps and Shelter Lessons 20240217_131703

Ford Bronco Conquering the Ocala National Forest: A Bronco Adventure with Muddy Mishaps and Shelter Lessons 20240217_121947

Ford Bronco Conquering the Ocala National Forest: A Bronco Adventure with Muddy Mishaps and Shelter Lessons 20240217_143251

Ford Bronco Conquering the Ocala National Forest: A Bronco Adventure with Muddy Mishaps and Shelter Lessons 20240217_131954
Sponsored

Last edited:

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We were camping down there too this weekend. I think you may have actually been next to us in Hopkins prairie, we were a bigger group of mostly Broncos

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haven't made it to Ocala yet. But definitely on the list.
Great pics.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RustysBronco

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We were camping down there too this weekend. I think you may have actually been next to us in Hopkins prairie, we were a bigger group of mostly Broncos
That's actually where we were camped out, so you're probably right. I saw you guys and then I saw my tent on the ground. Started hitting the bourbon pretty hard after that, so if stopping by and saying hi was on the docket, I probably wouldn't have been the best company. 😂

Last edited:

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Practically in my back yard :)

What trails did you hit? I haven't been out there in a while, but there are a lot of tight trails in ONF - I would prefer to hit some that won't mimic a cheese grater.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Make sure you have the alternator shield.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! Look like a great time. I have not been to Ocala yet, I was at Ol Florida last month, I plan to get to Hard Rock, and then Ocala. Have to plan that trip out of Miami.

You may have seen some from our group, Miami Dade Bronco's I think they were camping somewhere last weekend.

Medicin3man

Raptor
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Braptor, ‘23 Telluride 4x, ‘10 FJ Cruiser TT
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am in Eustis and have a Raptor. I am nervous that the trails are a little too tight. Maybe a get together soon??

Sponsored

lethalchristy

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition, 2013 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Awesome pics!! I just got my Bronco (I live in north Gardens, I see you're in Jupiter) and I can't wait to get it dirty. Sucks we don't have anything around here.

I did join Florida Trail Stompers and am going to their Beginners meetup on March 9th. Can't wait to do more.

OP
OP
RustysBronco

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I grew up not far from Ocala. I hate mud so I moved to the high desert of Colorado. I much prefer to roll over rocks than slog through mud. Although the snow here isn’t much better than mud.

Ford Bronco Conquering the Ocala National Forest: A Bronco Adventure with Muddy Mishaps and Shelter Lessons IMG_3729

Ford Bronco Conquering the Ocala National Forest: A Bronco Adventure with Muddy Mishaps and Shelter Lessons IMG_3729

How do you like that Gazelle tent? I was told this weekend that's what I should have bought.

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sharing my most recent offroading experience over the long weekend. This past weekend wasn't just about escaping the city; it was about testing my Bronco's capabilities in the unforgiving terrain of the Ocala National Forest. As I navigated the sandy trails, the forest unfolded its beauty – towering pines, sun-dappled clearings, and the occasional burnt offering of the forest.

The forest, however, had other plans for me. As the heavens opened up, the sandy trails transformed into mud bogs. My Bronco, as expected plowed through the muck with ease. But the downpour had a surprise waiting for me back at camp.

My hastily chosen tent, more suited for a casual backyard campout, succumbed to the relentless rain. I spent a soggy night huddled under the leaking shelter, vowing to invest in a proper all-weather tent before my next adventure.

The experience was a humbling one, reminding me that respecting the elements is crucial for any off-road trip. But even with a soggy tent and mud-caked clothes, the thrill of conquering the trails made the weekend unforgettable.

Another highlight of the trip came when I stumbled upon an adjoining campsite teeming with fellow Bronco enthusiasts. Their rigs, decked out in mud and sporting custom decals, were a sight to behold.

So, if you're planning an off-road adventure, remember: choose your shelter wisely, pack for the unexpected, and embrace the mud – it's all part of the experience!

View attachment 613559

20240217_131954.jpg
My wife and I enjoy tooling through Ocala national forest as well as a couple of our grandsons. My wife wouldn’t camp there or anywhere else…,she enjoys the comfort of home. The forest is beautiful, and you know what you might see.

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am in Eustis and have a Raptor. I am nervous that the trails are a little too tight. Maybe a get together soon??
Given the width of the Raptor, you would likely get some light schratches.
Sponsored