Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Given the width of the Raptor, you would likely get some light schratches.
I have some light, but buffable scratches. My recommendation would be to get some Xpel PPF. That'll probably be one of my next moves.
Sponsored

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Practically in my back yard :)

What trails did you hit? I haven't been out there in a while, but there are a lot of tight trails in ONF - I would prefer to hit some that won't mimic a cheese grater.
We’re just south of Leesburg. Been to Ocala NF three times in three different areas. Pinstripe heaven. Will never go back.

@Faust, I assume you know the following, but I thought it might be helpful to our fellow Floridians.

Florida Trail Stompers member here too. A good group, but the 3/9 meeting is advertised for beginners.

The problem is Florida is flat. So you’re left with overlanding type drives or playing in mud and water which I won’t do. If you like mud and water, Richloam is for you. There are a few old quarries availble to play in around the state too.

Citrus, a cool place, has a few obstacles, but when they get to be really fun, forest service fills them in or regrades them. People keep going off trail or on closed trails, even where signs are clearly visible. I fully expect it to be closed one day.

OP, great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still waiting
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you like that Gazelle tent? I was told this weekend that's what I should have bought.
We love the gazelle tent! It’s fast to set up. I am 6’7” and I can stand up in the center. We have the T4 plus. It fits in the Bronco 4D with the seat(s) down. It is bulky. I think it close to 40lbs. But it fits.
I have never tried the tent in an absolute Florida Monsoon. But it takes wind like a champ. Just stake the tent per the directions. You will be good unless a tree falls on it.

OP
OP
RustysBronco

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We love the gazelle tent! It’s fast to set up. I am 6’7” and I can stand up in the center. We have the T4 plus. It fits in the Bronco 4D with the seat(s) down. It is bulky. I think it close to 40lbs. But it fits.
I have never tried the tent in an absolute Florida Monsoon. But it takes wind like a champ. Just stake the tent per the directions. You will be good unless a tree falls on it.
Comparable to the one I had in weight. That was supposedly 46lbs and had to sit across the back seat to transport. As long as it's everything I hear it is, it'll be a worthwhile investment. Tha is for the info on it!

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still waiting
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Comparable to the one I had in weight. That was supposedly 46lbs and had to sit across the back seat to transport. As long as it's everything I hear it is, it'll be a worthwhile investment. Tha is for the info on it!
Just looked it up. 56 lbs. I guess I’m stronger than I think to say its 40. 🤪
The other nice thing about the Gazelle. It folds back into its bag easily. It’s not like a Walmart tent that is impossible to fold and will never store neatly again.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great shots! Ocala is awesome. You should look into the Florida Adventure Trail. I just completed it all this past weekend.
For those in the FTS, they have 3 different scheduled events breaking the FAT up into sections.

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those in the FTS, they have 3 different scheduled events breaking the FAT up into sections.
Yeah I also did it in 3 sections. Good way to do it.

OP
OP
RustysBronco

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We were camping down there too this weekend. I think you may have actually been next to us in Hopkins prairie, we were a bigger group of mostly Broncos
Was your crew a Bronco club? Or are you guys a group of friends that just so happens to have a Broncos?

Sponsored

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in Eustis and have a Raptor. I am nervous that the trails are a little too tight. Maybe a get together soon??
I did a run through some areas with some friends (2 jeeps and 1 F150, to give you an idea), and for the most part, the person leading (Co-worker/Ol'Florida volunteer) took us through some wider trails.

We did some powerline runs, which were great - and especially with a Raptor, you'd enjoy that as it's wide-open sandy fun.

Toward the end of our run, we went through a tighter section, which gave my plastics some love. Nothing serious, though. We basically had the choice of turning around and going back through everything we had already done or checking the river out before we left for the day. We chose the river.

As others have mentioned, I'd join the FTS (Florida Trail Stompers) group on Facebook. I joined a month ago but haven't been able to make it to any of the events due to schedule etc.

Ford Bronco Conquering the Ocala National Forest: A Bronco Adventure with Muddy Mishaps and Shelter Lessons cal

RockSkipper

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Being a transplant in DFW, TX (from Mt Dora/Eustis) I sure do miss and appreciate the ONF. The Paisley woods, Lake Dorr, Lake Sellers, Grasshopper...some of my favorite riding areas prior to the Bronco. Many a mile spent in multiple jeeps trail riding in that sugar sand. Being in this asphalt jungle has its perks but look forward to when I can take the Bronco in them woods. Appreciate the pics, safe travels!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We see bears everytime we drive in the forest. We saw two last spring when we were out there.

RLEW0083

Badlands
First Name
RIchard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I grew up not far from Ocala. I hate mud so I moved to the high desert of Colorado. I much prefer to roll over rocks than slog through mud. Although the snow here isn’t much better than mud.

Ford Bronco Conquering the Ocala National Forest: A Bronco Adventure with Muddy Mishaps and Shelter Lessons cal

Not a mud fan either, much prefer the trails in Colorado. Can't wait to get out there this summer, it will be the first time back since 2019.

Shrek27

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great pics!

What tent were you using that failed? Might be a good PSA to those looking to buy. I have a Coleman Instant tent...no torture tests like yours though....yet.

Were you hydroplaning in the second vid, or just sliding in the mud? What drive mode were you in.
Sponsored