Sponsored

Cosmetic “improvements”

What do you think of cosmetic mods?

• Most of the cosmetic changes I’ve seen make the Bronco look better.

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • I don’t like most of the mods other people make but I think I can improve the look of my Bronco.

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Broncos generally look best unmodified.

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Bronco is one of the best looking new cars. It looks great stock and lots of people apparently seem to think they can make it look even better. Wheels, stripes, wraps, badges, lifts and leveling kits, painted parts, etc. Do you think most cosmetic modifications improve the look of the Bronco?

Jason
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only cosmetic change I've made is the Bronco script in place of the trim sticker. It's there for my nostalgia, not because I think it looks good or makes the Bronco look better.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Jeeps and Broncos are made for personalization. I don’t like tacky. Stickers and plastidip don’t do it for me. But I love seeing people make their vehicles unique, make them their own.

Sponsored

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've said it before, but I think ADV Fiberglass's fender flares are a big improvement over the stock round wheel arches, they fit the lines of the rest of the Bronco a lot better. The stock black plastic wheel arches almost feel like they need 35's at least for them to look properly filled out, I think that's one of the reasons non-squatched Broncos look especially short, I don't think the difference between Rubicons and Sports looks nearly as drastic on Jeeps.

I'm also probably going to remove the handles from the front, it's not something I ever forsee myself using, and I don't like how it breaks up the lines of the fender.

ADV fiberglass bronco.png

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not really one for modifying my vehicles aside from perhaps a few minor functional changes. I prefer to find a vehicle that fits a particular mission need than to spend good money purchasing a vehicle, then spend more money changing it. I try to get something as close to what I need/want as possible.

That said, I have absolutely no issue with people changing or modifying their vehicles to suit their wants, needs, character, and personality. I've seen some that look incredible and some that, in my opinion, look terrible, but the owners see it through THEIR eyes, not mine, so I cannot fault them at all, so long as they like it.

My Bronco came pre-modified by the custom shop at the dealership I purchased from. The complete build was done for the customer who placed the initial reservation/order (but backed out prior to delivery) and included a leveling kit, Ford Performance flares and hood scoop, Fuel Blitz wheels with Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I never would have done any of this on my own, but it was already done and it turned out I liked it.

Ford Bronco Cosmetic “improvements” 1649047165549

Last edited:

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Especially when it came that way in Antimatter Blue!
Sponsored