Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have an appointment next week to have my soft top repaired cause the inner liner is seperatiing and sagging... anyone have any idea what they do to repair it? are they just going to glue it back up, replace the top or with any luck put the new designed soft top on?
Sponsored

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an appointment next week to have my soft top repaired cause the inner liner is seperatiing and sagging... anyone have any idea what they do to repair it? are they just going to glue it back up, replace the top or with any luck put the new designed soft top on?
Took mine in last week. Dealer to it to vendor who tried to reglue. Dealer ordered a new top today.

jabeaver73

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My soft top came unglued and I had it replaced under warranty. It is slightly different from the original top on my 2021, the biggest thing being the support bars are in slightly different locations. Hopefully this helps prevent the panels from becoming unglued. But this required the dealer to modify the existing support bar assembly and its connection to the frame.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

the entire fabric has to be replaced. Don’t settle for anything less. It is a known common problem. Mine was replaced twice as the the first one was not done to my satisfaction.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My soft top has no issues. I did have a piece start to separate, so I went and bought permaspray(?) and sprayed that area, no more sag at all.

For the rear, I bought the IAG struts. It's easy to put in, and I love popping the latches and watching other owners' faces when the top goes up on its own. Also, that helps the top goes up when fully down.

As for wavy windows? Pffft its plastic windows. Never have I thought the windows would not look wavy. Maybe I have low standards for plastic windows.

Sponsored

MastroBronco

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, they replaced the whole top? Just the canvas? Or....?
Not windows or frame, the top canvas with the new design. Our dealer was really good about it too. They knew their technicians aren't trained to do this, so they contracted with a local convertible top shop. They did a better than factory job installing. It's almost silent at 80mph.
Sponsored