mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good question. I know this is really off topic, but couldn't your insurance company also hassle the policy holder if the vehicle was modified in a way that made the accident more severe? That could go for any modification, and i really don't know what they could/couldnt do. Who knows.
Like bumper height?
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here's my current situation:

BaseSas, 2.7L = $41,300
BD, 2.7L, Mid = $43,000
Badlands, 2.3L, Mid = $44,600

I decided to ask my dealer for Badlands pricing just in case thinking it was out of my budget...

Welp, now I need to figure out how much I want the 2.7 vs the 2.3, because I'm ok with either auto/manual. For around $1600 all my problems are solved and nothing to revisit later on. This is pricing from my dealer without taxes/fees. Fun little internal debate I get to have now. LOL

edit: I realize this post isn't directly related to the topic, but more of a follow-up on the tire size/lift/suspension discussion from previous in the thread.

Last edited:

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly. Badlands suspension has increased ride height over all trims that do not include the Sasquatch package. Also, the offset/backspacing of the Badlands wheels was designed to run a 33” tire. On a Black Diamond seeing mostly street use, some Badlands takeoffs should work just fine. If you are going to be flexing the suspension off road I would plan on a leveling kit, larger bump stops, or you could just remove the flares.

None of this is guaranteed, but I would be very surprised if it was more labor intensive than this to swap on 33’s with zero rubbing.
I was under the impression that the BL wheel offset is the same as the stock BD wheels (different widths of course 7.5 vs 8 inches) at +50, while squach is +30, so i wonder if it really comes down to the front axle primarily.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like bumper height?
Who knows. I'm all for modifying your/my vehicle so if it may cause issues hopefully i never find out. I really just asked it because i was curious.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Who knows. I'm all for modifying your/my vehicle so if it may cause issues hopefully i never find out. I really just asked it because i was curious.
Bumper height was a big thing a few years ago guys with 6 in lift trucks had to get creative to comply with the rules.

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good question. I know this is really off topic, but couldn't your insurance company also hassle the policy holder if the vehicle was modified in a way that made the accident more severe? That could go for any modification, and i really don't know what they could/couldnt do. Who knows.
If it's not a federally mandated requirement, I don't see how they could penalize you for modifying your vehicle.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was under the impression that the BL wheel offset is the same as the stock BD wheels (different widths of course 7.5 vs 8 inches) at +50, while squach is +30, so i wonder if it really comes down to the front axle primarily.
Honestly I am not sure. I am going Sasquatch and knew 100% I was going Badlands from the beginning so I didn’t give it much thought. I feel like because the wheels are different widths, the backspacing has to be different, but again, I didn’t check.

Probably best to reference the thread that had all the wheel specs in it buried somewhere on this forum. Most of my thoughts on all of this are based on my experience with Jeep JK’s.

hammer_head

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody with a Badlands Sasquatched get theirs delivered withOUT the crash bars? I thought i would have to remove mine, but, they aren't there LOL. Just curious if the dealer removed them, of if they just don't come with them due to the 35's...

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody with a Badlands Sasquatched get theirs delivered withOUT the crash bars? I thought i would have to remove mine, but, they aren't there LOL. Just curious if the dealer removed them, of if they just don't come with them due to the 35's...
they are removed to accommodate the larger wheel size on sasquatch broncos