Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bummer. Maybe someone can float one to you. ?
Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I drove to all the dealers on the island today. I had checked previously with my dealer and was told it was too early to know what they were doing with pricing. I guess I should have known then that was a bad sign. I just assumed MSRP, and no chance of anything less.

So my reservation dealer wants $5995 over MSRP. I was shocked! I think it included ADM and some $2000 Resistall protection package which they said was required. Three dealerships on the island and all had similar ADM. I got one place to say I would just have to pay for the Resistall, but when I tried to get that guaranteed, they said they misspoke and meant that would be their "deal" for the second round allocation of broncos.

I want a bronco so bad, but I just don't think I can do it. It goes against my core code. Is this really the end for me for few more years?

Bummed. Time for a beer.
??
I live on Oahu and chose Honolulu Ford because I had bad experiences with Cutter Ford years ago. I can tell you that I've gotten almost no customer support from Honolulu Ford. I've emailed and called several times and they have given me no information and have not returned my calls except to sell me a car now. They are were also clueless regarding the Bronco when I asked.

I dont have a good feeling about any Oahu dealer so your numbers above don't surprise me. If you find a good dealer, please share and I'll do the same!

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Switch your order to granger and have them quote delivery/shipment to you. You'll come out way ahead...
I can only imagine the shipping charge on that. ?

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Switch your order to granger and have them quote delivery/shipment to you. You'll come out way ahead...
No, because of the Jones Act (requiring a US flagged vessel) options are limited and shipping to Hawaii is very expensive. I would estimate around 10k conservatively to move this in a 20' ocean container.

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I might try to shop around a little with the shipping option, but time is starting to run out to make 1st allocation.
You have until March to make your decision
I might try to shop around a little with the shipping option, but time is starting to run out to make 1st allocation.
Customers may reach out to Ford Customer Support at (800) 334-4375 for assistance in updating their dealer selection through March 19, 2021. In changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer's reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So I drove to all the dealers on the island today. I had checked previously with my dealer and was told it was too early to know what they were doing with pricing. I guess I should have known then that was a bad sign. I just assumed MSRP, and no chance of anything less.

So my reservation dealer wants $5995 over MSRP. I was shocked! I think it included ADM and some $2000 Resistall protection package which they said was required. Three dealerships on the island and all had similar ADM. I got one place to say I would just have to pay for the Resistall, but when I tried to get that guaranteed, they said they misspoke and meant that would be their "deal" for the second round allocation of broncos.

I want a bronco so bad, but I just don't think I can do it. It goes against my core code. Is this really the end for me for few more years?

Bummed. Time for a beer.
??
The 3 years I spent on Oahu the only dealer that didn't add a market adjustment fee was VW and iirc the Dodge dealer even added an extra delivery fee. Needless to say I never purchased a new vehicle while there but knew many people that just went to the mainland and shipped it themselves and still saved! Think I read that Matson went up on prices but from west coast it shouldn't be more than $2500, so even buying at MSRP in California you'd be ahead and their "deal". If you wanted to make a vacation out of it fly into Granger and drive the couple of days to the port yourself and I would think that would put you around MSRP all in.

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Over email, hilo orchid isle auto told me it was MSRP PLUS 4.7% tax and doc fees. Not ideal, but shipping inter island may be easier then dealing with mainland. Maybe try maui too?
That’s actually a great deal considering you only have one Ford dealership on the entire Island! I may rethink my plans to buy mine in metro Detroit and ship it. The dealerships here are not taking any money off. Did you get it in writing and signed by the general manager? Also what model of Bronco and color and how many doors are you getting?

OP
OP
Broncola

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, because of the Jones Act (requiring a US flagged vessel) options are limited and shipping to Hawaii is very expensive. I would estimate around 10k conservatively to move this in a 20' ocean container.
It’s actually about $1500 from California.

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That’s incorrect, I’m currently in Michigan and for me to ship a bronco to Hawaii will be less than $3000 and half of that fee is taking it from Michigan to California.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No, I just calculated a Jeep from L.A. to Honolulu for 1500. 8 years ago I was quoted around $2500 from Oahu to SC when I wanted to keep my beater Miata.

Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wait it out. I'm sure some will be available at MSRP once everyone's orders get fullfilled. Try and tell them if they want a deal at MSRP or no sale at all? Not only won't they not make a sale at retail but loose the opportunity at more allocations.

OP
OP
Broncola

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s actually a great deal considering you only have one Ford dealership on the entire Island! I may rethink my plans to buy mine in metro Detroit and ship it. The dealerships here are not taking any money off. Did you get it in writing and signed by the general manager? Also what model of Bronco and color and how many doors are you getting?
Sounds like they may have markup now. Waiting for a call back.

BeastMode666

Big Bend
First Name
Chels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 jeep patriot sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ll be moving to the Big Island later this year. Right now I live about an hour away from the Ford plant producing the Bronco. So are you going to buy yours off island and ship it back with Matson?
Trying to get one on the island, but just got off the phone with my dealer, and I might need to find a new one ?

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think I read that Matson went up on prices but from west coast it shouldn't be more than $2500, so even buying at MSRP in California you'd be ahead and their "deal". If you wanted to make a vacation out of it fly into Granger and drive the couple of days to the port yourself and I would think that would put you around MSRP all in.
Yup prices went up.

Flying to mainland has been a thought! If there were a way to do it and still get it in late 2021 or early 2022 then I just might do that. I plan to go to the mainland over a couple times during that time frame so wouldnt mind a buy, drive, ship ... vacation!

BeastMode666

Big Bend
First Name
Chels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 jeep patriot sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just called the maui dealership. At least $5k markup. Guy said they have a VERY SMALL amount of allocations, wouldn't tell me how many reservations though. Talked to hilo after, who now also have ADM
??
Sponsored