Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Propane Tank Mount

This was one of those projects that kind of just came together and everything seemed to work out and fit perfectly.

I was planning to get a propane tank mount and attach it to the side of my tire with a bracket. I decided to randomly check Craigslist to see if anyone had something used for sale. Thinking this was an absolute one in a million chance. I came across the Front Runner propane tank mount locally in the same town my buddy lives in. I didn’t even know they made one. So I picked that up for 1/3 of what it costs new.

On the Allied Expedition tire reinforcement bracket there are two tabs at the top for antennas. My dad suggested I place the propane tank on it to see if it fit and sure enough it was perfect! I sat perfectly across the two tabs. So all I needed to do was come up with some way to attach it.

When I was in Maine my uncle and cousin helped come up with a design. They created a custom bracket and then bolted everything together. I picked up a little rubber stopper and attached that so if the tailgate swings out past 90 degrees it will stop it from smashing into the body.

The mount is removable if I ever so choose. This frees up a lot of room in the interior from not having to have the tank inside. It also alows me to run a gas line from it to my Jetboil Half Gen and cook on my fold down table and not have to waste space with a 1lb tank.

For this trip I wedged a little block of wood between the tire and the mount to keep it from bouncing on dirt roads. This trip was 250 plus miles on logging roads in Maine so it was a smart move.

Check out the rest of my build here - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/meet-moon.41320/#post-1334872

IMG_1946.jpeg

IMG_1871.jpeg

IMG_1388.jpeg

IMG_2590.png

IMG_2099.jpeg
Sponsored