Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Friends, just wanted to share a little DIY project I put together for my Ignik 5lb propane tank. @PTTyler has a great thread on Powertank's bracket and mounting system here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ropane-tanks-fire-extinguisher-bracket.67988/
However, for me, I did not want that big plate taking up space and mounting vertically was going to take up too much space. I needed to mount at an angle along the roll bar so that I was placing the tank high and out of the way of where my fridge will sit on a storage drawer system in a few months time.

Unfortunately, the PT roll bar clamps are a bit longer than the PT propane tank mounting plane, so only one set of holes will mount up. You'll see in the pics where I simply cut down a framing "T" brace from Homedepot and purchased some additional hardware to create a 45 degree support bracket since the roll bar clamps will only bolt into the propane bracket at two points. This solved the problem very easily and the bracket is extremely secure now and up out of the way. This will keep it clear of my fridge slider and will allow me to run a line right over to my tailgate table to my cooktop. I think Powertank could very easily create a thin aluminum bracket that would just attach at the bottom roll bar clamps and the bottom propane bracket holes as an ulterior option to their currently available verticle mounting bracket. But only time will tell if they are interested in that approach. Anyway, some pics to follow if interested in my mounting method.

EDIT: If you're interested in going this route, you'll want to avoid buying the Bronco kit so you aren't wasting money on the vertical plate. So you'll purchase the roll bar clamps and propane bracket ala carte.
Roll bar clamps (priced individually, you need 2): https://powertank.com/products/bronco-roll-bar-clamps-power-tank-single
Propane bracket: https://powertank.com/products/bkt-2285

Powertank verticle bracket:
Ford Bronco DIY Powertank 5lb Propane Tank Mount BroncoPlate2

Roofus' mounting solution:
Ford Bronco DIY Powertank 5lb Propane Tank Mount IMG_4644
Ford Bronco DIY Powertank 5lb Propane Tank Mount IMG_4654
Ford Bronco DIY Powertank 5lb Propane Tank Mount IMG_4655
Ford Bronco DIY Powertank 5lb Propane Tank Mount IMG_4691
Ford Bronco DIY Powertank 5lb Propane Tank Mount IMG_4723
Ford Bronco DIY Powertank 5lb Propane Tank Mount IMG_4724
Ford Bronco DIY Powertank 5lb Propane Tank Mount IMG_4725
Ford Bronco DIY Powertank 5lb Propane Tank Mount IMG_4727
Ford Bronco DIY Powertank 5lb Propane Tank Mount IMG_4728
Ford Bronco DIY Powertank 5lb Propane Tank Mount IMG_4729
Sponsored

Last edited:

PTTyler

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
powertank.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice and simple. I like it!

We are looking at a new bracket because the Raptor cross brace prevents our plate from mounting so Raptor owners have to DIY a solution for now. It will be a little more involved than this setup but I think you all will like it.

I'm going to compare your picture to my Bronco to see if our prototype will work with the cargo cover that you have installed.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks, Tyler! Keep us posted on what you're working on. Very glad I was able to get this mod to work for my use case because the roll bar brackets and propane mount and top-notch build quality!
Sponsored