SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Get some help putting it in as it's heavy ;) .
Heavy is a relative term 😉

Got a lift lined up for the install, but it’s gonna be a bit as I’ll be doing the diff, 74Weld stage three steering rack, portals, UCA’s, etcetera-all at the same time. Then of course Northridge accidentally sent 29 spline axles instead of 32’s and it seems like Spicer is out of 32’s at the moment. Everything is ordered and we’re getting closer to a delivery date I just gotta be patient. Also waiting on the RK triangulation/truss kit and will be welding the tubes to diff housing with that install and don’t want to do the portals before I get that on there.
Sponsored

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Heavy is a relative term 😉

Got a lift lined up for the install, but it’s gonna be a bit as I’ll be doing the diff, 74Weld stage three steering rack, portals, UCA’s, etcetera-all at the same time. Then of course Northridge accidentally sent 29 spline axles instead of 32’s and it seems like Spicer is out of 32’s at the moment. Everything is ordered and we’re getting closer to a delivery date I just gotta be patient. Also waiting on the RK triangulation/truss kit and will be welding the tubes to diff housing with that install and don’t want to do the portals before I get that on there.
Update-They found some 32 spline axles and have already shipped them out. Northridge has really been great dealing with this whole thing.

RP80

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 2DR, '22 Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

problem is like upgrading any part you don’t know you really need it till you break the factory One, then you have the problem of trail repairs or being towed back to civilization.
I solved this issue by breaking the outer CV backing out of a flat driveway (wheels not quite at full lock). Installed Fox 2.5 coilovers last Tuesday, snapped CV on Friday. Hopefully this was just a freak incident, but certainly looking into the UFDU and 32 splines.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I solved this issue by breaking the outer CV backing out of a flat driveway (wheels not quite at full lock). Installed Fox 2.5 coilovers last Tuesday, snapped CV on Friday. Hopefully this was just a freak incident, but certainly looking into the UFDU and 32 splines.
Ford-“we’re denying the warranty claim as these vehicles were not meant for such severe use”

Sponsored

RP80

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford-“we’re denying the warranty claim as these vehicles were not meant for such severe use”
LOL. Fortunately a small dealership did the coilover install so they are pushing this through as warranty. Will take that as a win.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
LOL. Fortunately a small dealership did the coilover install so they are pushing this through as warranty. Will take that as a win.
Oh phew! That’s awesome

OP
OP
Texasgrillchef

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Harley Trike, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WTH…. How in the world did that happen not once but twice? I would be questioning if the CV wasn’t cracked previously. Either from being dropped somewhere, from the factory, or warehouse, or cracked from a prior off-roading incident.

RP80

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

WTH…. How in the world did that happen not once but twice? I would be questioning if the CV wasn’t cracked previously. Either from being dropped somewhere, from the factory, or warehouse, or cracked from a prior off-roading incident.
It only broke once (so far). I certainly do think it could have been caused by a previous off-road incident. We wheel in the northeast where it's very rocky—lots of opportunity to hit things.

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I haven’t seen any posts here for anyone who has done this upgrade? I haven’t even heard of very many people even breaking their CV’s even with 40’s
I must be a unicorn then because I somehow ruined my driver side CV and I don't even do that difficult of off-roading, and on top of that I'm running 32's.
Sponsored