Sponsored

Damaged water / electrical lines for the rear wiper while removing hardtop ... anyone else?

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have removed my hard top at least a couple dozen times at this point and this was a first for me. I pulled out from under the top and heard a pop and realized instantly that I forgot to unhook the damn water and electrical lines for the rear wiper. At first glance everything looked fine and the connectors are not broken, but after putting the top back on and hooking up the hose and wiring harness, it's not working. It must have popped something either inside the top or behind the panel in the back of the bronco. I really don't want to start ripping things apart to find the problem. Has anyone else done this and took it in to get fixed. Wondering what it's gonna cost me....🥴
Sponsored

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ouch! We've removed the top a bunch, but I always double check to disconnect those before removal. Sounds like a wire (or a few) got pulled out of it's connection. It's possible to go through them one by one to check, but if you're not familiar with wiring, probably best to have the dealer or trusted shop just replace that connecter for you. Shouldn't cost too much though. Bummer!