Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where and how to I cut the DD factory wiring harness when I’m using the factory aux switches? There is an excessive amount of wire and I don’t need the aftermarket switch. So. Much. Extra. Wire.
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you bought your ditch kit from us use the included a-pillar harness that we provide. It's nice and clean. If you didn't I'd recommend buy our a-pillar harness for a very clean installation (we provide our harness at no charge with our a-pillar kits FYI)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...arness-2x-dt-4-pin-connectors-diode-dynamics/

Otherwise they should have provided an auxiliary pigtail that you plug into the harness (remove the switch part, plug in the auxiliary part)

Last edited:

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have any pictures of the harness you got with them?

You can certainly hack up the harness you got and make it work though I'd look at maybe spending a little more money and getting a harness like the one Adam showed above that is meant to be hooked up with the OEM upfitter switches.

EinHoden

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased a BD a-pillar kit from 4x4TruckLEDs.com, with their harness for the 'Factory Auxiliary/Upfitter Switches'. I will say the harness is very nice and install was easy/clean, but the harness was about 3-4 feet too long. I have it coiled and zip-tied right now, but plan to shorten and splice when I get a chance.

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mostly just way too much cable so I have a huge coil of leftover- unneeded cable.

The @Diode Dynamics wiring harness runs everything through a relay and also has separate power and ground lines in addition to the leads for the aux switches. Unfortunately, they provide a pigtail on the big ass harness for the aux switches but that’s downstream of the relay and all the additional wiring you don’t need when using the sux switches.

Just wish that a vehicle specific kit- as sold on their website- was more vehicle specific.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I purchased a BD a-pillar kit from 4x4TruckLEDs.com, with their harness for the 'Factory Auxiliary/Upfitter Switches'. I will say the harness is very nice and install was easy/clean, but the harness was about 3-4 feet too long. I have it coiled and zip-tied right now, but plan to shorten and splice when I get a chance.
That's by design, because they are also used for fog lights as well as other trucks. It's not a Bronco specific harness we provide. We leave enough slack for multiple vehicles :)

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mostly just way too much cable so I have a huge coil of leftover- unneeded cable.

The @Diode Dynamics wiring harness runs everything through a relay and also has separate power and ground lines in addition to the leads for the aux switches. Unfortunately, they provide a pigtail on the big ass harness for the aux switches but that’s downstream of the relay and all the additional wiring you don’t need when using the sux switches.

Just wish that a vehicle specific kit- as sold on their website- was more vehicle specific.
For what it's worth, the kits on our site ARE vehicle specific. So we provide the right harness for a Bronco.

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For what it's worth, the kits on our site ARE vehicle specific. So we provide the right harness for a Bronco.
Are the wires measured and cut specific to length as well?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are the wires measured and cut specific to length as well?
No we don't make them exactly the right size. Because some people run switch panels, some people use aux upfitters, some people route them different, some people have F150 Raptors, some have Broncos, etc...

But our harnesses are designed to work with your vehicle. We don't give you a mess of harnesses and relays and wish you luck. Our harnesses are what everybody raves about if you look a the reviews on any of our kits.
Sponsored