First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have gone down the rabbit hole trying to decide which kit to go with. The Diode Dynamic sport kit with the needed mounts and wiring is about 200 more than the M&R fog light kit for the capable bumper.
Getting 2 amber and 2 white SAE fogs with the DD and same with the M&R as well.
Wanting either option to be usable while driving as well. Has anyone had experience with either, and would you pay the extra 200 for the DD sport fogs over the M&R fogs?

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco-capable-bumper/

https://mandronline.com/products/2022-ford-bronco-capable-bumper-fog-light?variant=42589985636512

Thanks!!
Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have gone down the rabbit hole trying to decide which kit to go with. The Diode Dynamic sport kit with the needed mounts and wiring is about 200 more than the M&R fog light kit for the capable bumper.
Wanting either option to be usable while driving as well. Has anyone had experience with either, and would you pay the extra 200 for the DD sport fogs over the M&R fogs?

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco-capable-bumper/

https://mandronline.com/products/2022-ford-bronco-capable-bumper-fog-light?variant=42589985636512

Thanks!!
Sept 10 is the last day for the 4x4truckleds.com Labor Day Sale.

Apples to apples the DD should be brighter. I never thought I'd spend this kind of money on lights. Then I hit a deer one night. Lights went to the top of my accessories list and went with the best I could afford, DD's Sport. My 2-cents.

Actually ordered the DD 30" Stage light bar yesterday.

OP
OP

Tony_Macaroni

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for your viewpoint!! Still also trying to decide between all ambers or half amber half white. Additionally I could save 450 dollars and get the DD elite series and put them in the stock circle pod location. Reviews say they’re just as bright as the sports. Decisions, decisions…

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for your viewpoint!! Still also trying to decide between all ambers or half amber half white. Additionally I could save 450 dollars and get the DD elite series and put them in the stock circle pod location. Reviews say they’re just as bright as the sports. Decisions, decisions…
I went with 3 pair: Spot White, White Fog, Yellow Fog, all with amber backlight. Half and half then you're covered.

Sponsored

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the DD Pro SAE fogs in amber on my F-150 and they're way brighter than Rigid SAEs I had on it prior. Brighter than the Baja Design SAE fogs (also amber) on my Bronco as well, though I don't have the new revision yet.

End of the day I think DD lights are a great value being on the cheaper side of the premium offerings.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks!!
Not to knock our friends over at M&R, because I am friends with them. But our Diode Dynamics kit lets you select Street Legal SAE lights from Diode Dynamics. The M&R Kit uses your regular overseas style off-road lights, so they are not street legal.

Our bracket is a solid 1 piece design and includes pigtails that utilize your factory fog switch and a harness for the 2nd pair (for an upfitter). The brackets are made from stainless steel and powder coated black.

Diode Dynamics are VERY well known and are assembled here in the USA. You can also change the lenses later if you decide you want a different pattern. Backed by an 8 year warrant on the lights (lifetime on the brackets) you'll save 15% through this Sunday once you add the kit to your cart. So that's some big savings. At the end of the day it only becomes $70 difference

Our kit also sits nice and flush

Ford Bronco DD SS3 Sport Fog Kit vs M&R Fog Kit for Capable Bumper 317809982_1153661485538922_1711537218458081676_n

Ford Bronco DD SS3 Sport Fog Kit vs M&R Fog Kit for Capable Bumper 317711421_809515100120678_3283714900328728798_n

Ford Bronco DD SS3 Sport Fog Kit vs M&R Fog Kit for Capable Bumper 310825736_882767606441277_3014569059457776436_n

OP
OP

Tony_Macaroni

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not to knock our friends over at M&R, because I am friends with them. But our Diode Dynamics kit lets you select Street Legal SAE lights from Diode Dynamics. The M&R Kit uses your regular overseas style off-road lights, so they are not street legal.

Our bracket is a solid 1 piece design and includes pigtails that utilize your factory fog switch and a harness for the 2nd pair (for an upfitter). The brackets are made from stainless steel and powder coated black.

Diode Dynamics are VERY well known and are assembled here in the USA. You can also change the lenses later if you decide you want a different pattern. Backed by an 8 year warrant on the lights (lifetime on the brackets) you'll save 15% through this Sunday once you add the kit to your cart. So that's some big savings. At the end of the day it only becomes $70 difference
Thanks for the info! Actually ended up ordering a set of the sport yellow fogs and sport white driving light combo, but with the added illumination. I’ll need to check out the best way to wire them.
As of now my plan is to have the illuminated DRL’s from all four lights ran to one auxiliary switch, then the pair of yellows and pair of whites to their own separate switches. Is this doable?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the info! Actually ended up ordering a set of the sport yellow fogs and sport white driving light combo, but with the added illumination. I’ll need to check out the best way to wire them.
As of now my plan is to have the illuminated DRL’s from all four lights ran to one auxiliary switch, then the pair of yellows and pair of whites to their own separate switches. Is this doable?
If it was our kit then one pair of lights will utilize your factory fog switch. The 2nd pair of lights will connect to an upfitter.

For the back-lighting, you can do that with 1 switch. The 1 pair uses a pigtail at the lights so you just need to basically use the included t-taps to TAP into the 2nd harness.

Soooo Light Pair #1, that uses the pigtails included... T-Tap the HARNESS we provided (the purple wire) right at the DT 4-pin plug. There is some wire exposed you can tap into right near the plug. This way you don't have to run any wires. THe purple wire on our harness is for the back-lighting.

OP
OP

Tony_Macaroni

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it was our kit then one pair of lights will utilize your factory fog switch. The 2nd pair of lights will connect to an upfitter.

For the back-lighting, you can do that with 1 switch. The 1 pair uses a pigtail at the lights so you just need to basically use the included t-taps to TAP into the 2nd harness.

Soooo Light Pair #1, that uses the pigtails included... T-Tap the HARNESS we provided (the purple wire) right at the DT 4-pin plug. There is some wire exposed you can tap into right near the plug. This way you don't have to run any wires. THe purple wire on our harness is for the back-lighting.
Thank you for the helpful guide! My main concern was if the stock fog light wiring could handle the increased amperage draw of the new lights. But seems it can!

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you for the helpful guide! My main concern was if the stock fog light wiring could handle the increased amperage draw of the new lights. But seems it can!
You can run SS3 Max if you wanted