Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2022 OBX with the plastic bumper and it looks like Diode Dynamics makes two yellow fog light options which look nice. I like the combination of white LED headlights with yellow fogs on country roads and in the snow or fog.

Has anyone installed either of these and if so do you like them? They both look simple enough to install although only the Elite Series is plug and play, the others say slight modification is required to mount them.

Did you find oncoming drivers flashing you or are they not overly bright, assuming they are leveled correctly.

I'm looking at the sport in the SS3 Fog lights vs the Elite Series Fog Lights.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss3-led-fog-light-kit-for-2021-2022-ford-bronco-w-standard-bumper.html

https://www.diodedynamics.com/elite-series-fog-lamps-for-2021-ford-bronco-pair.html
Sponsored

Vtfakie

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr Wildtrak, Lux, Leather, Tow
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I installed the amber SS3 Max on my '21 standard bumper. It was a big improvement over the factory fogs. I have not had anyone flash me yet, even when they weren't angled down properly.
Installation was easy enough, but a fair amount of grinding with a dremel so that they fit properly with enough space to angle them down appropriately.

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SS3 Fog Light Kit -vs- Elite Series Fog Lamps, Help Me Decide PXL_20220326_170727058

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SS3 Fog Light Kit -vs- Elite Series Fog Lamps, Help Me Decide PXL_20220212_231818779

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the SS3 Pro amber fogs on my Tacoma and have a set of the same to install on the Bronco. They are great lights that are plenty bright and don’t get flashed from other drivers. I am intrigued by the new fogs, and think those might be my choice with the Capable bumper. The aesthetic looks more OEM than the SS3 shoe horned into the same spot. Projector lenses usually have a very sharp cutoff, making them a good choice for fogs.
F86BA41F-BE4D-4827-8DE2-195C90716904.jpeg
E84F3FB6-8838-4146-8804-69257C62AF89.jpeg

Last edited:

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the amber SS3 Max on my '21 standard bumper. It was a big improvement over the factory fogs. I have not had anyone flash me yet, even when they weren't angled down properly.
Installation was easy enough, but a fair amount of grinding with a dremel so that they fit properly with enough space to angle them down appropriately.
SS3 Pro’s here. Exact same experience with hoggin out material to fit the SS3 body when angled properly. Many cut-test fit-cut-test fit, repeat.

I’ve found the SS3 Pro cutoff to be very soft, yes it’s “legal”, but even at full turn down its glaring to oncoming at distance and have been flashed a handful of times… when you get close to it, it’s not as bad.

I’m going to go to with the Max’s on the next Bronco simply for the harder cutoff, the Elites are probably your easiest and best plug n play option out there if you aren’t a fan of cuttin into your new rig. Don’t mind the rough hole saw on the fog bezel, it’s function>form 😂
46C6B291-D109-464A-A3D6-290217D48DAC.jpeg
F0E3743E-D2DF-4E5D-BFD8-B88FFDF7EF37.jpeg
E2D6F70E-B3E7-490F-BC93-E9BB6ADE75C0.jpeg

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SS3 Pro’s here. Exact same experience with hoggin out material to fit the SS3 body when angled properly. Many cut-test fit-cut-test fit, repeat.

I’ve found the SS3 Pro cutoff to be very soft, yes it’s “legal”, but even at full turn down its glaring to oncoming at distance and have been flashed a handful of times… when you get close to it, it’s not as bad.

I’m going to go to with the Max’s on the next Bronco simply for the harder cutoff, the Elites are probably your easiest and best plug n play option out there if you aren’t a fan of cuttin into your new rig. Don’t mind the rough hole saw on the fog bezel, it’s function>form 😂
46C6B291-D109-464A-A3D6-290217D48DAC.jpeg
F0E3743E-D2DF-4E5D-BFD8-B88FFDF7EF37.jpeg
E2D6F70E-B3E7-490F-BC93-E9BB6ADE75C0.jpeg
I think “soft” is a good description of the cutoff on the Pro. I read that the Sport were a better cutoff, but I like the output on the Pro so that is what I went with. I hadn’t considered the Max for road use, but if the cutoff is sharper then they would be fine. I have driven by dozens of MA state troopers with the fogs on at night, none have stopped me because of them yet. Here are some pics of the Pros on the Tacoma. Notice the yellow above and below on the garage door, I’m not sure if that is reflected back off the door to the truck to scatter or if it’s the cutoff.

7112011F-06AD-4CEC-A85E-8C4B1A555763.jpeg
8FAE522E-41DD-40E1-9023-04E2CC9EF222.jpeg
84165015-747B-4043-9F13-130D57823411.jpeg

Sponsored

Vtfakie

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr Wildtrak, Lux, Leather, Tow
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is the best pic I have to show the cutoff on the ss3 max
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SS3 Fog Light Kit -vs- Elite Series Fog Lamps, Help Me Decide PXL_20220212_231721811

Diode Dynamics

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Our Elite Series Fog Lamps are right in line with our SS3 Sport regarding performance. However, our ES provides an OEM appearance while our SS3s cater to the user seeking an off-road look.

Measured Lumen Output:
ES 1850 lm vs SS3 1520 lm

Peak Intensity:
ES 10200 cd vs SS3 10600 cd

However, our Elite Series Fog Lamps utilize a custom-engineered patent-pending optic that delivers an extremely sharp cut-off, wide beam pattern, and unique BMW-style color banding.

We'll have a comparison video soon from our media team!

In the meantime, Lightwerkz has a brief video comparison of our Elite Series vs. Stage Series fog light options.

We hope this is helpful!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2022 OBX with the plastic bumper and it looks like Diode Dynamics makes two yellow fog light options which look nice. I like the combination of white LED headlights with yellow fogs on country roads and in the snow or fog.

Has anyone installed either of these and if so do you like them? They both look simple enough to install although only the Elite Series is plug and play, the others say slight modification is required to mount them.

Did you find oncoming drivers flashing you or are they not overly bright, assuming they are leveled correctly.

I'm looking at the sport in the SS3 Fog lights vs the Elite Series Fog Lights.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss3-led-fog-light-kit-for-2021-2022-ford-bronco-w-standard-bumper.html

https://www.diodedynamics.com/elite-series-fog-lamps-for-2021-ford-bronco-pair.html
If you want a brighter fog, go with the SS3. Especially the Pro or Max. The Elite Series are new and are designed as an OEM replacement to give you something as close to an OEM look as possible with a much brighter (over stock) light output. It's a very crisp/clean cut-off.

If you want that same cut-off but BRIGHTER then the SS3 Pro/Max is for you.

We have a ton of Elite Series fogs coming in to us soon. As one of their largest dealers we pre-ordered these when they were first announced to dealers so customers with orders in our system will have their Elite series orders shipping VERY soon.

We also stock a TON of SS3 Sport/Pro/Max lights here as well.

These are the SS3 Max on our truck (we have a triple fog kit though, and it sounds like you have a plastic bumper so you'd only have 1 pair).

Check out our site and grab a set:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SS3 Fog Light Kit -vs- Elite Series Fog Lamps, Help Me Decide Diode4
Sponsored