Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know is how the Diode Dynamics fog lights stack up against the Morimoto’s? I installed the Morimoto’s this past weekend and the bezel piece is too big to fit in the existing hole. You can see on the driver side of the truck the Morimoto’s just don’t looked finished compared to the stock ones.

IMG_4137.jpeg
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does anyone know is how the Diode Dynamics fog lights stack up against the Morimoto’s? I installed the Morimoto’s this past weekend and the bezel piece is too big to fit in the existing hole. You can see on the driver side of the truck the Morimoto’s just don’t looked finished compared to the stock ones.

IMG_4137.jpeg
I use to have amber elites before I changed my bumper. They were awesome, fit great and had backlighting. Best bang for the buck.

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I use to have amber elites before I changed my bumper. They were awesome, fit great and had backlighting. Best bang for the buck.
I was thinking about buying the amber Elites. Did you think they were a lot brighter than the while oem lights?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IMG_4137.jpeg
Well that's not a fair comparison since the Morimoto is an off-road style pod light and the Elite are a direct OEM style replacement.

I think you would mean how do the Morimoto 4Banger Pods stack up against the Diode Dynamics SS3 Fogs which would be a similar comparison as they are both off-road lights with street legal options.

They both fit similar in that they are both very tight fiting, may rub and may require some modifications (cutting of plastic) to fit.

The Diode Dynamics ELITE are different. They are a rounder light, smaller light and are designed to be closer to an OEM replacement. You should have no fitment issues with the ELITE but they are not the same style light as 4bangers or Stage Series.

We sell all 3 here FYI: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/fog-lights/

Sponsored
OP
OP
OutlawOBX

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ah ok thanks. The Morimoto’s i installed seemed to fit without any trimming but the bezel that comes with the type s bracket doesn’t fit.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah ok thanks. The Morimoto’s i installed seemed to fit without any trimming but the bezel that comes with the type s bracket doesn’t fit.
It looks fine to me, but the DD SS3s with the adapter will fit more flush.

Ford Bronco Morimoto HXB vs Diode Dynamics Elite Fog Lights 20230901_154156

OP
OP
OutlawOBX

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It looks fine to me, but the DD SS3s with the adapter will fit more flush.

Ford Bronco Morimoto HXB vs Diode Dynamics Elite Fog Lights 20230901_154156
Yea those do fit well but unless I’m mistaken that’s the capable bumper. I just have the standard bumper.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same mounts, just not quite as flush with the standard SS3 bezel in that bumper.

Ford Bronco Morimoto HXB vs Diode Dynamics Elite Fog Lights Screenshot_20231206_210537_YouTube

You can get the SS3 round bezel to fill the open space completely, but it will need a bit more trimming.

Ford Bronco Morimoto HXB vs Diode Dynamics Elite Fog Lights Screenshot_20231206_210741_Firefox

OP
OP
OutlawOBX

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same mounts, just not quite as flush with the standard SS3 bezel in that bumper.

Screenshot_20231206_210537_YouTube.jpg

You can get the SS3 round bezel to fill the open space completely, but it will need a bit more trimming.

Screenshot_20231206_210741_Firefox.jpg
Oh shoot yea that fits much more flush. Thanks for the pictures. I know they’re different bumpers but did you have to trim your bumper to fit the SS3’s? Also, which output level did you go with?

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Type S??? Broncos don't use a Type S bracket though at least with Diode Dynamics. NOT SURE why Morimoto calls it "Type S"

OP
OP
OutlawOBX

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Type S??? Broncos don't use a Type S bracket though at least with Diode Dynamics. NOT SURE why Morimoto calls it "Type S"
That is interesting, what bracket do you sell with the Morimoto’s?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is interesting, what bracket do you sell with the Morimoto’s?
They are Type S. Not sure why Morimoto calls them Type S though, that's the confusing part. Everybody else calls them Type A

OP
OP
OutlawOBX

OutlawOBX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They are Type S. Not sure why Morimoto calls them Type S though, that's the confusing part. Everybody else calls them Type A
Oh ok. Well unless I did something wrong the bezel on the front of the Morimoto’s do not fit on the plastic bumper.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh ok. Well unless I did something wrong the bezel on the front of the Morimoto’s do not fit on the plastic bumper.
Wish I could help but Morimoto has no instructions for them. I know Diode Dynamics recommends trimming some of the plastic to make their kit fit. I'd assume the same is with the Morimoto Kit
Sponsored