Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great lights, but be careful with the SS mounting hardware. I sheared off both pivot adjustment bolts recently and had to drill them out. (On my JK)

Yeah, no "farmer tight" torques to those screws. You can feel when it really hits resistance and it's time to stop. I wonder if they will loosen over time.
Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, no "farmer tight" torques to those screws. You can feel when it really hits resistance and it's time to stop. I wonder if they will loosen over time.
Yeah…agreed. I noticed the pod was loose in my bumper so I pulled it out and attempted to reset. So it wasn’t even tight enough to keep the pod tight against the bracket. Attempted to tighten and the nut started twisting inside the pod housing, then attempted to loosen and twisty twisty twice. They both sheered off. I’ll get it sorted, just need new hardwear.

fip36

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just upgraded our own fog kit on our demo truck to some Diode Dynamics w/KR Off-Road Flush Bezels.
This is the combo I ordered. Is there a trick to getting those DD brackets to sit right into the Off-Road Flush Bezel? When attempting to mount flush, the SSC2's seem tight to the bottom of the bracket opening to the point that aiming them downward does not seem possible, unless I push them beyond flush. But the SS3 is impossible to get to sit anywhere near acceptable. the openings for the bolt are a limiting factor. but the real culprit is the height of the DD bracket.

here are 3 pics. The last shows how the SS3 sits when just behind - and flat to - the bracket. Almost acceptable... except the contact between brackets is sitting at 20 odd degrees. The only way to get the KR/DD bracket contact to sit tight is to jam the SS3 through and beyond the KR bracket opening into an awkward position that is entirely not aim-able. (the 2nd and 1st pic.)

PS: the 2nd pic shows how tight the bottom of the SSC2s are sitting when flush.

Nothing like what I see your pics. What am I missing?

20221213_211257_resized.jpg

20221213_211303_resized.jpg

20221213_211811_resized.jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lay the bracket on a desk overhanging so that the lights sit flush

you have sufficient room to aim the lights - if you need more room to angle them because of a 6” lift or what kit… then just have the lights sit further back in the bracket so that when you aim them way down low they don’t touch the bezel

but you don’t have the lights installed properly based on your photo is why your having an issue

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the combo I ordered. Is there a trick to getting those DD brackets to sit right into the Off-Road Flush Bezel? When attempting to mount flush, the SSC2's seem tight to the bottom of the bracket opening to the point that aiming them downward does not seem possible, unless I push them beyond flush. But the SS3 is impossible to get to sit anywhere near acceptable. the openings for the bolt are a limiting factor. but the real culprit is the height of the DD bracket.

here are 3 pics. The last shows how the SS3 sits when just behind - and flat to - the bracket. Almost acceptable... except the contact between brackets is sitting at 20 odd degrees. The only way to get the KR/DD bracket contact to sit tight is to jam the SS3 through and beyond the KR bracket opening into an awkward position that is entirely not aim-able. (the 2nd and 1st pic.)

PS: the 2nd pic shows how tight the bottom of the SSC2s are sitting when flush.

Nothing like what I see your pics. What am I missing?

20221213_211257_resized.jpg

20221213_211303_resized.jpg

20221213_211811_resized.jpg
I started with installing all flush as 4x4 truck LEDs mentioned. The SS3 was pointed down as required. The SSC2 we're rotated and aimed down. Not exactly "flush" when everything is aligned.

20221213_185452.jpg

Sponsored

fip36

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I started with installing all flush as 4x4 truck LEDs mentioned. The SS3 was pointed down as required. The SSC2 we're rotated and aimed down. Not exactly "flush" when everything is aligned.
thanks for the follow up. I just walked back to the computer to add an update. after fussing for the better part of an hour, I wrote that post. after hitting send I worked for another 2 minutes and suddenly the SS3 popped into position. I don't know how. but I'm guessing that writing the post helped it along. ;)

now off to see if lightening can strike twice...

TXBrian

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I also had a tough time using the flush bracket and getting the lights adjusted .

I initially set them up flush and assembling them flat on the table as the instructions say to do. But after putting them in the bumper, they were aimed too high and I couldn’t angle them down when flush. So have made adjustments to get them where they need to be.

I would just order the regular bracket if doing it again.

Would be cool if they could make a light with 2 forward facing screws that adjusted the lights horizontally and vertically inside the housing. Then you could mount them perfectly flush but be able to adjust them without the housing moving.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The flush brackets are very easy. When you install the lights you just have to line them up FLUSH with the front of the bezel. Lay it on a table to ensure it's all flush.

You don't need to adjust the aim that much. We install tons of these kits at our shop and we never have to change the alignment like you guys are.

Remember these are FOG LIGHTS and shouldn't be aimed HIGH. Your fogs need to be aimed BELOW your low beams.

If you added on a combo light or driving light, aligned with your HEADLIGHTS. Same for spots.

Nothing in the fog kit should be above your headlight cut-off... if you need lights that go ABOVE the headlights, you need to look into bumper mounted light bars or pillar lights/roof lights.

But lights in the bumper pocket need to be aimed headlight level or lower.

I think that's where some of you are having issues, you are trying to aim them way too high.

If you DO need to aim them higher then your headlights, simply mount the lights further back in the bracket NOT forward facing. This allows you to adjust them up/down WITHOUT touching the bezel.

From what i'm seeing, you installed the lights too far FORWARD which limited your up/down movement... set it back more in the bracket (which is why we have that elongated mounting hole, so that the light can sit further back).

Example:

We're doing an install on a Bronco Raptor so i'll take a photo of the brackets in a CORRECT alignment as well as an alignment with them set back more for additional up/down adjustment

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We're doing an install on a Bronco Raptor so i'll take a photo of the brackets in a CORRECT alignment as well as an alignment with them set back more for additional up/down adjustment
I will be very interested in seeing this. Both how you do it, and how they look on the Raptor

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is what the lights look like when they are aligned flush:

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics fog lights 1671129378513

And this is what the lights look like when they are sitting further back, which lets you move them up/down without hitting the bracket

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics fog lights 1671129403019

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I will be very interested in seeing this. Both how you do it, and how they look on the Raptor
We already installed our fog kits on a few Raptors. Looks the same as a regular Bronco since bumpers pretty much the same

TXBrian

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I put mine together on a granite counter top first flat and flush but they were shooting above my low beams when I installed them on the bronco which is stock.

I may take them off and do it again just to see. :)
Sponsored