Sponsored

Aftermarket Diode Dynamics Fog Lights - Aim???

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Alright I’m really struggling with this

I added Diode Dymamics ditch lights with their usual pod mounts by the A-pillar. Love the lights, easy to aim and adjust as needed.

Then a few months ago I installed the Diode Dynamics Pro Fog lights. I have a Wildtrak with the standard bumper and went with the kit having the direct mount bracket That mounts up in place of the factory fog lights.

Install was a breeze from bolting them up to the plug and play wiring. BUT I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME GET THEM AIMED LOW ENOUGH. I’ve rotated the lights down as far as possible in the brackets and shimmed the bottom mounting holes out to further angle them down. It just doesn’t seem low enough.

I’ve set up on level ground and aimed at the garage 25 feet away to set all my reference points. The stock fogs had a very defined cut off in the beam pattern. Almost a thin horizontal profile. These seem to have a much broader pattern that throws light a lot higher.

Has anyone been successful getting these or comparable fogs aimed? I like the lights, but trying to make them work has been frustrating(and blinding for others). I’ve considered changing to the modular bumper just to use the pocket style mounts since they should be more flexible(and I could add more lights). But changing the bumper to accommodate a fog light seems crazy. Then I’ve thought about changing the lens to a spot or driving light and moving them to the A-pillar and having a dual set up there.

I’m open to any ideas at this point.
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I added Diode Dymamics ditch lights with their usual pod mounts by the A-pillar. Love the lights, easy to aim and adjust as needed.

Then a few months ago I installed the Diode Dynamics Pro Fog lights. I have a Wildtrak with the standard bumper and went with the kit having the direct mount bracket That mounts up in place of the factory fog lights.

Install was a breeze from bolting them up to the plug and play wiring. BUT I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME GET THEM AIMED LOW ENOUGH. I’ve rotated the lights down as far as possible in the brackets and shimmed the bottom mounting holes out to further angle them down. It just doesn’t seem low enough.

I’ve set up on level ground and aimed at the garage 25 feet away to set all my reference points. The stock fogs had a very defined cut off in the beam pattern. Almost a thin horizontal profile. These seem to have a much broader pattern that throws light a lot higher.

Has anyone been successful getting these or comparable fogs aimed? I like the lights, but trying to make them work has been frustrating(and blinding for others). I’ve considered changing to the modular bumper just to use the pocket style mounts since they should be more flexible(and I could add more lights). But changing the bumper to accommodate a fog light seems crazy. Then I’ve thought about changing the lens to a spot or driving light and moving them to the A-pillar and having a dual set up there.

I did the elites and they fit and aimed perfect but they are round so maybe a better fit?

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had to Dremmel the mounting opening. Square light- round hole.

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had to Dremmel the mounting opening. Square light- round hole.
Yup, I’m dremeled and squared to fit the SS3 into the fog pocket. I’ve been searching all night and I’m thinking more and more about getting the elites for the factory style adjustability and relocating these to the A-pillar, just gotta find an A-pillar mount that will work for dual pods that I like.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Watching to see replies. I am getting ready to replace the factory fogs in my capable bumper. Looking at 3 options from 4x4truck LEDs, M&R (both dual light configurations per side), and the single light replacement from Diode Dynamics (elite).

I am concerned about being able to properly level the fogs, whichever route I go...

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Watching to see replies. I am getting ready to replace the factory fogs in my capable bumper. Looking at 3 options from 4x4truck LEDs, M&R (both dual light configurations per side), and the single light replacement from Diode Dynamics (elite).

I am concerned about being able to properly level the fogs, whichever route I go...
With the KR Off-Road kit it's easy to align the fogs. You just rotate them up/down. You have complete access to rotation.

With the Single Stage Series and Elite Series fog kits, you are limited in alignment up/down by the bumper itself. Eventually it "bottoms out" so to speak, but it should still be fairly easy to align. You do need to make sure you install the lights properly. The lights can be installed upside down if you are not paying attention which puts the beam upside down. Just make sure the stage series light is installed right-side up (it can be installed 2 ways)

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

one of my first mods. Super sharp cut off. Did you maybe mount them upside down?
Ford Bronco Aftermarket Diode Dynamics Fog Lights - Aim??? EB941663-86BD-46DC-B19B-C12F21F39859

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With the KR Off-Road kit it's easy to align the fogs. You just rotate them up/down. You have complete access to rotation.

With the Single Stage Series and Elite Series fog kits, you are limited in alignment up/down by the bumper itself. Eventually it "bottoms out" so to speak, but it should still be fairly easy to align. You do need to make sure you install the lights properly. The lights can be installed upside down if you are not paying attention which puts the beam upside down. Just make sure the stage series light is installed right-side up (it can be installed 2 ways)
I like the look of the round Elite series fogs. Any chance they'll make them for the modular bumper, or make a mount to accommodate them!? Would love to fit 3-4 in each side. ;)

Last edited:

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like the look of the round Elite series fogs. Any chance they'll make them for the modular bumper, or make a mount to accommodate them!? Would love to fit 3-4 in each side. ;)
I don't think they do. You have to go after market with ARB Zenith or Havoc that they swap over. Modular I would stay with square.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, the modular bumper won't work with the elite series at all. You'll get better output from the triple Stage Series kits we offer for the modular bumper.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, the modular bumper won't work with the elite series at all. You'll get better output from the triple Stage Series kits we offer for the modular bumper.
Thanks. Yea I was hoping. The round would have went well with the round headlights.

Chirico

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Something to do with beam pattern?

Not sure about SS3.
For my SS2 SAE Fog light on the modular bumper, I had to upside down the lens.
(SS2 is designed to be mounted upright. SAE letter on the lens shouldn't be upside down.)

That corrected beam pattern.
(It was more like smiley face pattern - outside up. sharp beam cut at the bottom.
After correction, straight cut patter at top with even/ wide flood at bottom)

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Something to do with beam pattern?

Not sure about SS3.
For my SS2 SAE Fog light on the modular bumper, I had to upside down the lens.
(SS2 is designed to be mounted upright. SAE letter on the lens shouldn't be upside down.)

That corrected beam pattern.
(It was more like smiley face pattern - outside up. sharp beam cut at the bottom.
After correction, straight cut patter at top with even/ wide flood at bottom)
I’ve got them installed with the “SAE” right side up. I’ve got to try to get a picture of the pattern
Sponsored