PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looking at the drivers side, your amber light is angled toward the top corner of the bumper.
yeah, I noticed that as well. But there's no way (that I can see) how to adjust that.

It's in the bracket straight. So I feel like it's the bumper or the 'bumper pocket' that's angled. And unfortunately the bracket isn't accounting for that.

the worst part of this (allow me to play my tiny violin) is that I can't play with it at home, as my driveway is pretty steep. So it means I need to take a drive and make sure I have everything I need. Or maybe I can at least mess with it and get it to a point where I think it's ok, then do the final aligning somewhere else. anyway, I"ll pull down the tiny violin.
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

when you say factory brackets, do you mean DD's brackets?

Your beam looks much better than mine!
Factory Diode Dynamics brackets. The output is a bit distorted because I wasn’t square with the garage.

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

yeah, I noticed that as well. But there's no way (that I can see) how to adjust that.

It's in the bracket straight. So I feel like it's the bumper or the 'bumper pocket' that's angled. And unfortunately the bracket isn't accounting for that.

the worst part of this (allow me to play my tiny violin) is that I can't play with it at home, as my driveway is pretty steep. So it means I need to take a drive and make sure I have everything I need. Or maybe I can at least mess with it and get it to a point where I think it's ok, then do the final aligning somewhere else. anyway, I"ll pull down the tiny violin.
So measure on flat ground as you have done, then when you get home in the drive way, measure again and you will have a correlating measurement. Then make your adjustments and use the measurement of the good light spread that you like. then you can double check it next time you take your son to practice.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll have to check but im not 100% sure it matters of the orientation with SAE Fogs. The pattern should be the same no matter what the orientation is, but i'll try tomorrow.

With that said, those are fogs, they need to be aimed at the ground. They are WAYYY to high if they are anywhere near the low beam. They need to be BELOW the low beam cut-off so they are on the ground. Yours are aimed too high, which may be your issue

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the 6 inch DD fog lights installed on mine and I needed to use the vertical groove in the mounting bracket to level them in the bumper opening for sure. Do yours have a vertical groove for the mounting screw on each side of the light pod?

Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll have to check but im not 100% sure it matters of the orientation with SAE Fogs. The pattern should be the same no matter what the orientation is, but i'll try tomorrow.

With that said, those are fogs, they need to be aimed at the ground. They are WAYYY to high if they are anywhere near the low beam. They need to be BELOW the low beam cut-off so they are on the ground. Yours are aimed too high, which may be your issue
Are these still aimed too high?

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics Fog Light Curve? A4C1C268-BD82-46AF-ADAC-BA09D114B592

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dunno, turn your headlights on with your fogs and send a photo

OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the 6 inch DD fog lights installed on mine and I needed to use the vertical groove in the mounting bracket to level them in the bumper opening for sure. Do yours have a vertical groove for the mounting screw on each side of the light pod?
I'm going with noooo.... Haha.

What mounting bracket do you have?

Mine just had the 3 holes to attach it to the bumper, and then 3 horizontal groves to attach the pods. Nothing vertical.

If there's a way I can tilt the pods, that would be it, I think. Otherwise I'm not sure how to fix this.

OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are these still aimed too high?

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics Fog Light Curve? A4C1C268-BD82-46AF-ADAC-BA09D114B592
what lights and bracket are you using?

Not sure on the height. But you look level!

I read 25ft back, 4in below straight ahead. Looks like you have a Badlands, so your fog height will be higher than mine. But in my BD, it was approx 23.5in to the center of the fog lamp from the road. So I basically aimed them ~19in from the road on the wall I was aiming at.

I did some googling, and the consensus seemed to be what I just described above.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So there IS an "arc" to the fog pattern. I never noticed this because I've always aimed our lights lower. But there is an ARC up or down, depending on how they are installed. On the Broncos (and Raptors) they are hanging upside down. I reached out to the Diode dealer network to see if others have experienced this. For now though, i'd say your lights are DEFINITELY aimed too high for a fog pattern which is why you are noticing this. You need to make sure they are aimed low at the ground for FOG use.

With SS3 lights, the mounting point is CENTERED so you can mount them in any orientation. With the SSC2 though, it's on the bottom. So the lights DO hang. Baja Designs lights are similar, but you can reverse the lenses/bezels on Baja Designs.

You CAN flip the bezelz/lenses around on Diode lights BUT there are 2 little "keys" on the lenses, which help with installation. If you flip the lens around, they won't seat properly.

I have heard a lot of people DO cut the little tabs off the lens (it's on the back side, you'll see them, very small, 1 on each corner) which allow people to flip lenses around. This is more important on the COMBO lenses, where you have the driving on the bottom and some folks want the driving pattern on TOP instead. SImilar issue here with the FOG lens. IF it does bother you, you CAN flip the bezel/lens around (and you'll see you have to cut that tiny little nub off)

Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I pointed them a bit lower. Thanks for your continued help, Adam.
I did verify that IS by design, the curvature. So yeah aim them lower and yer all set. Diode does not provide SSC2 fogs in their own fog kits, that's something we offer though (makes sense to offer it like that we feel, as you have more options).

OP
OP
PowPow

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
for anyone still following... it's definitely the pocket that's angled.

Level:
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics Fog Light Curve? 1647030417281

Not level:

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics Fog Light Curve? 1647030385017

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics Fog Light Curve? 1647030396401

maybe a washer between the bracket and one of the screws? to level out the bracket?

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...-w-kr-off-road-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/

no, I can really only go side to side and up and down. I don't see a way to 'tilt' them any.
I have them too. DD confirmed that the SS3 pods MUST be right side up (as confirmed by the D on the lens). The SS2s have to go upside down because it is the only way the brackets fit. Also I found that if the SS3 bracket goes above the mount tongue it centers the pod in the opening.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So there IS an "arc" to the fog pattern. I never noticed this because I've always aimed our lights lower. But there is an ARC up or down, depending on how they are installed. On the Broncos (and Raptors) they are hanging upside down. I reached out to the Diode dealer network to see if others have experienced this. For now though, i'd say your lights are DEFINITELY aimed too high for a fog pattern which is why you are noticing this. You need to make sure they are aimed low at the ground for FOG use.

With SS3 lights, the mounting point is CENTERED so you can mount them in any orientation. With the SSC2 though, it's on the bottom. So the lights DO hang. Baja Designs lights are similar, but you can reverse the lenses/bezels on Baja Designs.

You CAN flip the bezelz/lenses around on Diode lights BUT there are 2 little "keys" on the lenses, which help with installation. If you flip the lens around, they won't seat properly.

I have heard a lot of people DO cut the little tabs off the lens (it's on the back side, you'll see them, very small, 1 on each corner) which allow people to flip lenses around. This is more important on the COMBO lenses, where you have the driving on the bottom and some folks want the driving pattern on TOP instead. SImilar issue here with the FOG lens. IF it does bother you, you CAN flip the bezel/lens around (and you'll see you have to cut that tiny little nub off)
The SS3s (per phone call with DD) need to be right side up...the pattern for them is specific to that orientation. With the SS3 bracket it is an easy flip 180 degrees...just make sure the D on the bezel is the correct orientation (it puts the sockets towards the ground not the hood).
Sponsored