vesuvan

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Chevy Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So when I picked up my First Edition the dealer had drilled 2 holes into the piano black metal of my front grill for their cheap ass license plate holder. Didn't ask me or warn me beforehand. Said they "had to" because a front plate is required in Maryland (tho not in my state.) I am so pissed I can't even talk to them yet. Do I have a case for demanding a new undamaged grill from the dealer? From Ford?
Anyone have any ideas for how to handle this?

8A22AEA3-D9C2-48DF-91F7-7AFAEBC92F01.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

vesuvan

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Chevy Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So when I picked up my First Edition the dealer had drilled 2 holes into the piano black metal of my front grill for their cheap ass license plate holder. Didn't ask me or warn me beforehand. Said they "had to" because a front plate is required in Maryland (tho not in my state.) I am so pissed I can't even talk to them yet. Do I have a case for demanding a new undamaged grill from the dealer? From Ford?
Anyone have any ideas for how to handle this?

Ford Bronco Dealer drilled front grill- options? 8A22AEA3-D9C2-48DF-91F7-7AFAEBC92F01
Correction: 4 holes
2 in the lower paint also

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What a bonehead move on their behalf.

CowboyKid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe the dealer can swap your grill with someone who doesn't care and pay for a body shop to repair the lower holes. FMC's design is so awful it should probably reimburse the dealer for its stupidity.,,unless there's a service bulletin to dealers already telling them not to drill the holes unless the customer requests it. The dealer has NO legal responsibility to ensure proper license placement. So that's a disingenuous excuse for making a stupid mistake.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think most customers expect this to be installed on their vehicle. I can't say I blame the dealership for installing this, especially if it was noted on your build sheet. Mine is noted on my build sheet, as a "no cost" front license plate bracket.

I've asked my salesperson to ensure it's not installed, and will follow-up once I get an accurate ETA.

Hopefully they work with you on this though.

Skip

Big Bend
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine came from the plant like that. I saw it come off the trailer that way. I asked why I wasn't involved in that decision and was told that the plant had to do that for states with front plates. Not sure that is true, but I didn't have a choice. Watching to see if you get any other info.

CowboyKid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine came from the plant like that. I saw it come off the trailer that way. I asked why I wasn't involved in that decision and was told that the plant had to do that for states with front plates. Not sure that is true, but I didn't have a choice. Watching to see if you get any other info.
Hmmm. Maybe dealers were complaining that they didn't want their mechanics spending the time to do it. Sure hope mine doesn't come that way.

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bought my Bronco in CA and I live in MT, Both states require front license plates. CA requires that you will have a plate affixed to the front of the vehicle, and you sign paperwork acknowledging that. So, it all depends on if there was a document that you signed, in the pile of papers, that states that there is requirement to have the plate attached.
Ford Bronco Dealer drilled front grill- options? Bronco Purchase Paperwork 10

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm. Maybe dealers were complaining that they didn't want their mechanics spending the time to do it. Sure hope mine doesn't come that way.
I would still request to your sales rep to leave the front plate mount off. That is what I did and they did not install it (it was in the back of the Bronco in it's packaging still).

Sponsored

AbsoluteFord

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford F-150, Honda Clarity
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I requested that my dealer not do this... They did it anyway. Mine was only on the lower painted bumper. I was displeased but not much that I think you can do after the fact. I had already waited the 491 days, I was bringing her home with me.

Reactions: Lai
OP
OP

vesuvan

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Chevy Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My dealership said they had their guys put the plate holder on. It would make sense that it would come from the factory though

Channels321

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WRX, 1981 Z28
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it is only 2 holes on the lower painted are (still sucks) not top 2 grill holes, those just hold the plate on..On my last car I just plugged them with body panel fasteners that I painted to match. Could hardy even tell they were there

Plug2.jpg

Skip

Big Bend
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wish I had had a choice, had my bumper bracket ready to go.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in CA and told my dealer not to add it and they didn't, I also never signed any paper about a front plate. I'll just wait for the fixt it ticket I'll probably never get, though I might temporarily add it for a longer trip to SoCal soon, don't know if the cops look for that down there. Here I see so many cars w/o front plate I doubt they care. Worth the risk. A quick temporary "fix" with some long zip ties ;-)

The holes in the painted plastic part should be an easy fix for a good body shop, don't know about holes in the grill though.
If you talk to the dealer nicely they might be able to swap things out or do the repair, though I somewhat doubt they will if it's required in their state. (I told my dealer that if they have to add it by law I'll bring by some other bracket to mount the plate, but to NOT drill a hole anywhere)

There was also a post here somewhere with a link to a place that sells little plastic plugs in different colors that can cover the holes and kind of make it look like it's supposed to be that way, they were a bit pricy for plastic plugs, but seemed to work, you can probably find that thread by searching here, same problem that dealer drilled the holes)

Good luck!
Sponsored