Sponsored

Dealer says can't order Wildtrak, v6, lux package, manual transmission, hard top, nor Sasquatch package

Moose737

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I just called my dealer in Vegas today and he told me “You can’t order wild track, v6, lux package, manual transmission, and hard top. Nor Sasquatch package”. is that true? I know the hard top can’t be ordered..but the rest?
Sponsored

Ruby1

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Heritage In Production
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Find a different dealer. I ordered a WT with Hardtop and High Package on 6/30, and it is already scheduled for production week of August 7.

Last edited:

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I just called my dealer in Vegas today and he told me “You can’t order wild track, v6, lux package, manual transmission, and hard top. Nor Sasquatch package”. is that true? I know the hard top can’t be ordered..but the rest?
are you saying that they told you that you can't order those items separately on ANY Bronco?

OR are you saying that they told you that you can't order all of those on the same Bronco?

If it is the second one, then they are correct. You can't have a manual Wildtrak or a manual V6.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think he meant as in any of those sins, not all of them together.
Yep but what a magnificent beast it'd be if you could!

As far as I know you can order all but the manual, might not get built right away or have allocation at that dealer but you can order it.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer is probably out of allocations for those options.

Get your build configured and shop it around to other dealers. However, with only a month or so of production left to be scheduled for MY23 you may have a hard time finding a dealer who will have any. You may be looking at a MY24.

OP
OP
Moose737

Moose737

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe he is trying to sell the couple broncos he has on the lot. And yes, he meant any of those options on any Bronco. I kind of figured he was pulling my chain to sell his current ones. This is also a salesman telling me this. I think I will have wait for the 2024. For what’s it’s worth, They are adding a $7500 markup for the bronco on his lot that I actually want but I told him I have never paid above MSRP for a car and if they are ready to sell it at MSRP I might be willing to buy it. (months ago the mark ups were $15k) Thanks again Gang

Dshart5455

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They don’t make a manual V6

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The only items Ford is restricting is the following:
  • Base, Everglades and Heritage trims
  • Manual Transmission
That's it. Everything else can be ordered.

HOWEVER... many dealers have opted to restrict ordering on additional trims/options based on their expected allocation numbers. This is extremely smart of the dealer and shows they are cognizant of their allocations. They aren't going to let customers order configurations they know have a very small chance at getting built this model year.

Unless you need a vehicle sooner rather than later, my advice is to wait another month or two for 2024MY order banks to open and order from the same dealer (assuming you are happy with them). Many dealers are pay zero attention to their allocation numbers and just blindly take every order that walks in the door, so the fact that this dealer is paying attention is a good sign that they are a good dealer. (Or... at least better than all the horrible dealers people get stuck with.)
What is absolutely crazy is that despite supply chain issues Ford cannot build a completely lacking of any option strictly base model. Base is Base. What part or parts of Base are constrained. Cloth seats? Smallest tires? Steel wheels?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What is absolutely crazy is that despite supply chain issues Ford cannot build a completely lacking of any option strictly base model. Base is Base. What part or parts of Base are constrained. Cloth seats? Smallest tires? Steel wheels?
The constraint is profit. Having a fleet of Base Broncos rolling down the line at MAP robs Ford of the capacity to make higher trims with more profit.

Frankly, I'm surprised the Base still exists. It served it's purpose at launch to offer a sub-$30k BoF purpose-built Bronco. It should never have had the option to add the Sasquatch package. It was too good of a deal. Fantastic for customers who ordered one, but a missed opportunity to force buyers into a higher trim. At this point, the Base should only be available for Fleet orders with no option for Sasquatch package. Eliminate it from retail ordering going forward.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes sounds like you're misunderstanding or not fully informed.

1st WT all have Sasquatch already... So you can't add that package, and never could.

2nd, you can't have a manual transmission on a WT, and never could.

3rd, specifying a V6 is irrelevant. All WT come with a V6

So run this by your dealer...

order a wild trak, lux package, and hard top.

Side note, you can also add towing and a roof rack.

Now whether or not Ford has the parts to build your order right away...that is the question.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes sounds like you're misunderstanding or not fully informed.

1st WT all have Sasquatch already... So you can't add that package, and never could.

2nd, you can't have a manual transmission on a WT, and never could.

3rd, specifying a V6 is irrelevant. All WT come with a V6

So run this by your dealer...

order a wild trak, lux package, and hard top.

Side note, you can also add towing and a roof rack.

Now whether or not Ford has the parts to build your order right away...that is the question.
/endthread

RaceRed66Retro

Banned
Heritage
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350 6.7 4WD CREW CAB LARIAT
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Find a different dealer. I ordered a WT with Hardtop and High Package on 6/30, and it is already in production.
You ordered a Bronco June 30th 2023 (16 days ago) and it's already in production?? I find that hard to believe, I'm sorry. How is that possible when most of us have been waiting over a year or years? Did you have a rabbit's foot in your pocket when you ordered it? Lol!
Sponsored