First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford CS Chat tells me I am Unscheduled Clean - Priority Code 02.

Dealer tells me my order has been balanced out, and i will need to wait and reorder when 2024 order banks open this fall.

Something seems screwy here....

Feb 2022 Order...Wildtrak 4 Door 2.7L Hardtop Lux package
Sponsored

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dealer has been given an allocation forecast for remaining MY'23. Ford will continue building Lux WTs, but just not for your dealer. If you are set on your build, then you'll have to reorder for MY'24. If you amenable to a different build spec, talk with your dealer to see what trims they are allocated for the remainder of MY'23.

Based on your initial order date, you should be eligible for a model year transition private offer. I think the order modification incentive is no longer available if you change now. But if you don't change, then any rebate from Ford will be void for MY'24. The difference of the expected MY'24 price increase and the current price along with the private offer may be enough incentive for you to try and squeeze into your dealer's allocation for MY'23 with a different build spec.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think the order modification incentive is no longer available if you change now.
Thatā€™s correct, if I remember correctly the cutoff for the modification offer was March 7th.

bjpatten

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford CS Chat tells me I am Unscheduled Clean - Priority Code 02.

Dealer tells me order has been balanced out, and i will need to wait and reorder when 2024 order banks open this fall.

Something seems screwy here....

Feb 2022 Order...Wildtrak 4 Door 2.7L Hardtop Lux package
I was told yesterday by a Wildtrak owner who just barely got his that the dealer ordered one and they are no longer in production and being dropped.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
been going strong like this since MY21 Broncos were being builtā€¦.canā€™t believe itā€™s still happening

Sponsored
OP
OP

SD-CA

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks all for the input.

Yes I had passed on the order modification offer, rolled the dice and kept my Wildtrak build.

Dealer tells me they have other broncos in stock to sell me... (lesser builds at markup of course). They didn't offer to change my order to a different trim for which they might still have allocations. They just said I have been balanced out for MY2023. (balanced out I guess = sh#t out of luck!)

Had figured wait patiently and I can get it built how I want... but 16 months later still nothing. Options are pick something less than what I want with markup or keep waiting till 2024 and pay MY24 price increase. (...or 2025 with this luck!)

A confounding system no doubt!

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer tells me order has been balanced out
Dealer tells me 2023 Wildtrak has been balanced out
I was told yesterday by a Wildtrak owner who just barely got his that the dealer ordered one and they are no longer in production and being dropped.
Holy F did that escalate quickly. Went from OP's order being balanced out, to the click baity title of the WT being balanced out, to a "my buddy's dealer said..." the WT is being dropped from production.

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Guess I can forgot about my wildtrakā€™s build date of 6/16 šŸ˜‚. What to buy instead?

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ahhh these threads bring back so many memoriesā€¦.thankful I got mine after 920 plus days ā€¦

IMG_4687.jpeg

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks all for the input.

Yes I had passed on the order modification offer, rolled the dice and kept my Wildtrak build.

Dealer tells me they have other broncos in stock to sell me... (lesser builds at markup of course). They didn't offer to change my order to a different trim for which they might still have allocations. They just said I have been balanced out for MY2023. (balanced out I guess = sh#t out of luck!)

Had figured wait patiently and I can get it built how I want... but 16 months later still nothing. Options are pick something less than what I want with markup or keep waiting till 2024 and pay MY24 price increase. (...or 2025 with this luck!)

A confounding system no doubt!
Aug 2020 reservation and ordered and reordered multiple times as I got pushed from 21 to 22 and now 23. I'm finally in production and looking at end of this month delivery if all goes well. So not terribly surprised if your Feb 22 order is not happening this year unfortunately.

Sponsored
OP
OP

SD-CA

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Aug 2020 reservation and ordered and reordered multiple times as I got pushed from 21 to 22 and now 23. I'm finally in production and looking at end of this month delivery if all goes well. So not terribly surprised if your Feb 22 order is not happening this year unfortunately.
Yes I realize a lot of original reservation holders have been waiting ~3 years... far longer than my 16 months. And then some people who ordered just a few weeks ago have already been scheduled. The randomness of it all is baffling.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess I can forgot about my wildtrakā€™s build date of 6/16 šŸ˜‚. What to buy instead?
If you have a build date, yours will get built.

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not random, but not easily discernible.

Ford doesn't have all the parts to make every combination of Bronco. The assembly line still churns, so you'll see mostly the configurations that come off the line are for mid level trims, probably what Ford forecast as the biggest sellers. They have to contract suppliers not just on part specs, but also part quantity.

This is most observable with the 2 door wait. Ford knows it will be a low percentage overall, but a large percentage of original orders were from enthusiasts, so initial demand of 2 doors will be front loaded and the wait is longer. 2 door part suppliers don't need to be able to supply the quantity of 4 door part suppliers.

Ford also prioritizes regions and dealers. A dealer with a lot of clout in a region with a lot of Wrangler sales, e.g., will get relatively more Broncos, even if they had less orders than a dealer in a different region.

Dealers seem to have a better idea of what Ford can provide them and some seem to be more readily notifying customers, which seems to be the case for you. There is still pent-up demand for higher trims so I'm guessing the dealer isn't fearful you'll go somewhere else to buy your Bronco.

You could try to get out of them how many Sasquatch, Hardtop, Lux Broncos they have on order with order dates before yours and how many Sas, HT, Lux Broncos they expect to get allocated in '24. I don't know if that info is available to them yet.
It might give you a rough estimate of when you could expect your Bronco, but predicting future production is more divination than derivation.

And, yes, it sucks. The whole system seems made purposely to keep the buyer ignorant so the dealer can extract as much money from us as possible.
This forum is a good place to learn and an OK place to vent. Ignore the trollish comments, especially mine! (but this one is sincere).

Brianā€™sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone should tell Ford because they are still scheduling a trim that has been dropped, there are multiple ones in the 6/1 scheduling thread. So is that a double drink if itā€™s a dealer said through a second hand? šŸŗšŸŗ
Sponsored