Sponsored

Dealers- how many orders/ reservations didn't convert by Nov 21st?

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Chapman went from 317 orders on Oct 7 to 225 as of today. Some were built, and some are scheduled (approx 30), which accounts for some of the drop.
If we figure 40 units were built or scheduled, it's over a 15% drop in orders.
Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Members & employees/dealers are posting a range of approximately 15%-25% not-converted, and the builds scheduled for Nov. Dec. & Jan (so far) have been hard to get 2 doors, Manuals, and loaded BLs & WTs. That's all a good sign that Ford may schedule and build their way out of this mess by summer?

I wrote that as a statement, but ended with a question mark because we don't know yet. Hopefully, by the end of Jan. we'll see Feb. and most of March scheduled out along with what is delivered to date and we should have a pretty good idea if Ford can catch up.

It costs Ford money to sell to us for less than current prices so I don't think they will be taking too many orders before they shut down the order banks again; just like the last round for the Maverick. And, I'm betting some commodities just won't be available or will only be available in limited supplies and the order banks updated as such as orders come in.

A limited amount of commodities available to order would make our special ordered Broncos even more special. ;)

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Early reservation holder who waited until October to place my order due to some health issues. Once assured I would live to see my Bronco, I attempted to place my order with the dealer I’d reserved with. They demanded a 30k premium over MSRP. Another local dealer demanded 5k. This board referred me to a dealer in an adjacent state who agreed to order at MSRP. I needed to move my reservation with Ford to the new dealer and called to Ford Marketing number. The rep was knowledgeable and pleasant but informed me my change request would have to be escalated to a “supervisor” as she did not have the ability to transfer my deposit to the new dealer. She further stated she was aware of the 11/21 deadline and that it would be taken care of by then and I’d receive a confirmation email. That never came. 3 weeks later the reservation is still showing on my Ford.com page, still lists the original dealer and subsequent calls to Ford Marketing have been fruitless. One call did result in the rep assuring me all reservations would be honored and I took her name as a reference. As of this morning the reservation is still showing with the old dealer listed. Trying Ford again today but not optimistic they’ll get this done. Their process for reservations/changes and their dealer experience leaves lots of room for improvement.
Sponsored