Sponsored

Dealership/Ford can't figure out where my vibration is coming from.

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long story short, we were wheeling and broke the passenger front axle shaft. Dealership replaced the axle shaft under warranty.

Ever since then we've had a vibration in 4WD when the front tires are under load. I test this by putting it in 4A and accelerating to get power to the front wheels. The Bronco will vibrate/shudder and I can actually here squealing from the front tires. The issue is not present in 2WD.

Ford has been great about throwing parts at it for free but I question their troubleshooting ability.

So far they've replaced:
- Both front axle shafts
- Front diff/center unit (twice)
- Front drive shaft (twice)
- Transfer case (with a second one on order now)

The front drive shaft was replaced under recall for the boot issue. They thought that would fix it and when it didn't they immediately put in another drive shaft. The transfer case was just replaced and the issue is still present so their solution is to put in another transfer case which I'm not waiting to come in.

The Bronco is a 2021 Badlands Sasquatch. It's got a 2"-2.5" lift on it with part of the front lift coming from perch collars so there's been no issues with CV angles. I'm running 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers and 1.5" wheel spacers.

Just wondering if anyone out there has had similar issues or knows what the issue could be.

Thanks!

Ford Bronco Dealership/Ford can't figure out where my vibration is coming from. bronco 2
Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What is astounding to me .... IS THIS DEALER!!!!..... Most dealers are going to look at that and say.... Lift? 37's? NO WARRANTY FOR YOU! I am impressed with your dealer.

I have no clue... nothing more than guesses like the dealer seems to be doing....

I really hope they are able to get it figured out soon.

OP
OP
darkscion0

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For sure, I have no complaints here which is why I'm being very patient.

What is astounding to me .... IS THIS DEALER!!!!..... Most dealers are going to look at that and say.... Lift? 37's? NO WARRANTY FOR YOU! I am impressed with your dealer.

I have no clue... nothing more than guesses like the dealer seems to be doing....

I really hope they are able to get it figured out soon.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Long story short, we were wheeling and broke the passenger front axle shaft. Dealership replaced the axle shaft under warranty.

Ever since then we've had a vibration in 4WD when the front tires are under load. I test this by putting it in 4A and accelerating to get power to the front wheels. The Bronco will vibrate/shudder and I can actually here squealing from the front tires. The issue is not present in 2WD.

Ford has been great about throwing parts at it for free but I question their troubleshooting ability.

So far they've replaced:
- Both front axle shafts
- Front diff/center unit (twice)
- Front drive shaft (twice)
- Transfer case (with a second one on order now)

The front drive shaft was replaced under recall for the boot issue. They thought that would fix it and when it didn't they immediately put in another drive shaft. The transfer case was just replaced and the issue is still present so their solution is to put in another transfer case which I'm not waiting to come in.

The Bronco is a 2021 Badlands Sasquatch. It's got a 2"-2.5" lift on it with part of the front lift coming from perch collars so there's been no issues with CV angles. I'm running 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers and 1.5" wheel spacers.

Just wondering if anyone out there has had similar issues or knows what the issue could be.

Thanks!

Ford Bronco Dealership/Ford can't figure out where my vibration is coming from. bronco 2
Kudos to your dealer for their efforts so far.

Based on all the new parts, the only remaining item is the wheel/tire combo. (Perhaps it was damaged when the shaft let loose) Try swapping it out with your spare and see if the vibration goes away…

Good luck!

OP
OP
darkscion0

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I'm going to do a little testing myself, which will probably include removing the front wheel spacers and a tire rotation to see if anything changes.

Kudos to your dealer for their efforts so far.

Based on all the new parts, the only remaining item is the wheel/tire combo. (Perhaps it was damaged when the shaft let loose) Try swapping it out with your spare and see if the vibration goes away…

Good luck!
Sponsored