Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey guys,
Is there any additional mark-up above the MSRP for reservation holders?
My local dealer (not the one I made the reservation with) called me and said they have a Badlands model available but it had an additional 10K mark-up.
Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It depends on your chosen dealer. Many are sticking to MSRP, some require a markup, and a few are doing invoice pricing. Ford corporate is discouraging markup on customer-ordered Broncos so don’t think you are stuck overpaying if that’s the case. It is possible to transfer your reservation to a different dealership.

For me, my dealer wanted $4k ADM but I told them no, that’s not what we discussed over email. I have my purchase agreement in writing stating my order will be MSRP.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey guys,
Is there any additional mark-up above the MSRP for reservation holders?
My local dealer (not the one I made the reservation with) called me and said they have a Badlands model available but it had an additional 10K mark-up.
that is entirely up to your local dealer. There are fair and honest dealers and then there are scumbag dealers.

I don't love ADM's, but I can't blame any seller (dealer/private party/other) for trying to get top dollar for the item that they are selling. An item's "value" is whatever someone is willing to pay after all. Buyers want to get the best deal and sellers want to get the most for their offering.

However it is sickening to me that some dealers are tacking on ADM/"market adjustment" on reservation holder orders as a surprise at the last minute. Some of them acutally appear to be doing it as an actual deterent to dissuade the original reservaction holder from buying so that they can turn around and sell to a non reservation holder at an even higher premium! Yes a savvy buyer might know to get everything in writing in advance. It's just sad that this is necessary knowledge with some dealers.

Not all dealers are bad, but some just seem to enjoy going out of their way to live up to the shady dealer stereotype.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You need to ask that particular dealer. Some dealers have what's called "dealer fees" which is another way to boost profits.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford corporate is discouraging markup on customer-ordered Broncos so don’t think you are stuck overpaying if that’s the case. It is possible to transfer your reservation to a different dealership.
Ford corporate may be discouraging the practice but they are by no means enforcing it and will only step in if a dealer blatantly hijacks a res holders order.

Dealer switches ended months ago. It is no longer possible to transfer a reservation.

OP, dealer can sell that Bronco for whatever the market allows and has every right to do so.
Sponsored