Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be passed. I would ask for the manager and tell them I drove 30 miles here to look at your Bronco you said you had. Only to find out it's a sport. You wasted my time and for that you won't be getting my business. Educate your staff.
Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
To your point, Ford created the Lightning, it's an f-150. They did it with the Evo Mustang, now they are doing it with the Bronco brand.

Your complaints are just so tired.
Sorry I tire you. Your justification is no different than my complaints. It's two different perspectives on a forum dude. People give opinions. Don't take them to heart. We can agree to disagree without getting feelings hurt. I feel the same way about the "Mustang" Mach E. It wasn't necessary to call it a Mustang, since it is not a Mustang. Mach E would have been sufficient. Mustang loyalist (rightfully IMHO) hate that they called it Mustang. You help make my point on that one! The Lightning is in fact an F-150 and the Lightning name has previously been associated with the F-150, so apples and oranges for the Sport comparison. Are you on my side now or what?? LOL šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. Again, I am not hating on the Bronco Sport, I like it. I think it was executed well. But, I, in 100% complete honesty, would not buy one because of it's name and specifically bold B R O N C O grille. That's probably my biggest gripe. The name wouldn't have been so bad, minus the grille. Maybe if the grille said S P O R T or something to differentiate it? I think it's cheesy. Again, just my (tired) opinion.

Last edited:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The Bronco sport isnā€™t going anywhere IMO. Iā€™d replace the Escape with it if thatā€™s what I wanted to do and if it came with a stick. Iā€™ve got an older manual shift Escape where it was still more of a small SUV rather than the current cross over style. It has more room than the 2 door Bronco Iā€™m am replacing it with but at this point I donā€™t need space, just 2 doors and 3 pedals.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just picked up a Mach E about a month ago. Yeah, not a Mustang, but a pretty damn good EV.
Which is why it out sells a 2-door sport coupe, because (a) it's a SUV and (b) it's a trendy EV. It has nothing to do with the name. No E-Stang buyer is mistaking the SUV for a Mustang coupe because the name has Mustang in it.

Conversely, Ford is banking on buyers of the Bronco Sport thinking they are buying the resurrected Bronco from the EB days.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't wait to see the reaction from all the yahoos on this forum who poo-pooed the Maverick, once sales start to hit amongst the young, urban demographic.
I think the Maverick will be a huge success. The price point alone is gonna bring people in. Will it bring in potential Civic shoppers, or take from Ranger sales? That's the question. But I agree, it gives younger people an option to have an AWD "truck". Older people associate the Maverick name to the car, but most don't remember the Maverick and I'm in that group so the name doesn't bother me. To the point of this post however, and as I previously mentioned, imagine if they called it F-150 Sport(or Ranger Sport for that matter) and put F-150 badges all over it. Or worse, a bold, in your face F-150 stamping on the tailgate. That would have been equally dumb.

Last edited:

Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Which is why it out sells a 2-door sport coupe, because (a) it's a SUV and (b) it's a trendy EV. It has nothing to do with the name. No E-Stang buyer is mistaking the SUV for a Mustang coupe because the name has Mustang in it.

Conversely, Ford is banking on buyers of the Bronco Sport thinking they are buying the resurrected Bronco from the EB days.
Couldn't agree more. I have had people on other forums say it only sells because of "Mustang" in it's name. Baloney. It sells because of the points you mentioned. Mach E would have sufficed just fine.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Couldn't agree more. I have had people on other forums say it only sells because of "Mustang" in it's name. Baloney. It sells because of the points you mentioned. Mach E would have sufficed just fine.
I've written this on other Forums. I think what Ford is doing with the Mustang Mach E is preparing the market for a 2-door sports coupe EV called the "Mustang". While I personally think use of petroleum (carbon-based) fuel for automobiles is more efficient because carbon fuel has such a high energy density, the market unfortunately is being politically driven to battery electrics. Inevitably Ford will need to migrate the ICE Mustang to EV. Establishing the Mustang name as a competent, near I say excellent EV in SUV guise, the follow-on EV Coupe will benefit greatly on the success of the Mach E (which I like to call the E-Stang).

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry I tire you. Your justification is no different than my complaints. It's two different perspectives on a forum dude. People give opinions. Don't take them to heart. We can agree to disagree without getting feelings hurt. I feel the same way about the "Mustang" Mach E. It wasn't necessary to call it a Mustang, since it is not a Mustang. Mach E would have been sufficient. Mustang loyalist (rightfully IMHO) hate that they called it Mustang. You help make my point on that one! The Lightning is in fact an F-150 and the Lightning name has previously been associated with the F-150, so apples and oranges for the Sport comparison. Are you on my side now or what?? LOL šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. Again, I am not hating on the Bronco Sport, I like it. I think it was executed well. But, I, in 100% complete honesty, would not buy one because of it's name and specifically bold B R O N C O grille. That's probably my biggest gripe. The name wouldn't have been so bad, minus the grille. Maybe if the grille said S P O R T or something to differentiate it? I think it's cheesy. Again, just my (tired) opinion.
You care about this way more than I do. lol

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm officially sportaphobic. I called different dealers around the Houston area today asking when they would be receiving a bronco demo vehicle. I called one dealer, a lady picked up, and told me they had a bronco come in this morning and is on display. I said, "just to make sure, it's not a bronco sport right?" She replied, "Its a Bronco badlands." I asked, "But is it a bronco sport?" she replied, "its a bronco." I said thank you and drove 13 miles over to the dealership to find out it was a bronco sport.

Its annoying when everyday people mistake the sport for a bronco, but dealerships doing it takes it to a whole new level. I don't think I have ever disliked a vehicle so much and there are plenty of people on B6G who think its a disgrace to the Bronco name. I don't understand what the target consumer of this vehicle is either because if you want an offroader, get a bronco, if you want a luxury suv, get an explorer or expedition. The Bronco sport is neither good at offroading and has a far from nice interior. I see one of these things on the road maybe once every month in one of the biggest cities in the country and its been out for almost a year. Do you think Ford will cancel it in the near future? I don't see bronco sport sales being any good once the real bronco hits dealerships.
People like that have no business working at an auto dealership.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The ā€œBronco Sportā€ should have been called the Maverick. The new Maverick mini-truck should have been called the Courier.

Sponsored

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I just bought a brand new Area 51 Bronco Sport Badlands while I patiently wait for my Black Diamond 4 door and.......

I love it. It's fun and quick as hell. I will use it as trade in 2022 or 2023 when I take delivery of the real bronco.

79bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I just bought a brand new Area 51 Bronco Sport Badlands while I patiently wait for my Black Diamond 4 door and.......

I love it. It's fun and quick as hell. I will use it as trade in 2022 or 2023 when I take delivery of the real bronco.
Agreed. I too purchased a badlands edition of the sport. It's a lot more than most including the OP naively give credit for. In the off-road sense it's every bit the bronco nameplate make no mistake. 50% of the full bronco buyers will never utilize the difference in off-road capability between the two. I had a Gen 2 REAL bronco in the 70s. This new line does a great job bringing back the name and the heritage. Anyone dicing the one is real and one is a pretender, has no clue what a 70s bronco was all about.
Instead of puffinng chests embrace the fact neither is a jeep, and both are Ford off-road capable. I wanted a full size bronco but couldn't wait until 2023?? Maybe??? Instead I'm driving a bronco sport, which with such build limits will probably get a great trade value. If you hate on the sport that much, take one for a test drive...it will shock you. Neither bronco is what they once were that's progress.

79bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The key thing that people are forgetting here is that the Bronco is a sub-brand of Ford Motor Company, thus the name Bronco Sport. When other Broncos come out, they might get an additional name also.

Jeep is its own division/brand that has different name plates. Ford is attacking that by coming out with different Bronco products. Its not going to stand up an entirely new brand like it had with Mercury or Edsel years back.
I have understood this is pretty much the case. There is more to come, the sport and 'bronco' are just a part of this 'branch' and branding. If anyone took time to notice, some dealers are getting the Bronco division or whatever you choose to call it. Not to compare, but it is the best way to describe it. RAM was once a Dodge truck. Now it's Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, Jeep. Each with it's own segment. BRONCO is going to be more than 2 door/4 door/sport...book it.

Omarius

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel the same way about the bronco 4 door as I do about the bronco sport. A watered down gross version designed for the plebian masses. Hence why all the "just got my bronco" threads are of the 4 door.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Count me as one of the ones who like the Bronco Sport, but hate that it carries the Bronco badge and was released first.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.