Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Several Ford insiders have cited that date as what they've seen in schedules etc. as the "Job 1" date. Which is the start of commercial production.

Earlier units used for auto shows etc. might start a few months earlier, but most of those will get destroyed.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone catch the Motor 1 article claiming Bronco production won't start until Dec 7th?
https://www.motor1.com/news/397868/ford-insider-reveals-mustang-f-150-bronco/

I guess I knew I'd have to wait until 2021, but the optimist in me kept hoping for availability late this year.

Just as long as they get it right... i.e. manual transmission.
Originally production was going to start in October. But after the disaster of a launch of the Explorer ford wants to get all their ducks in a row for the bronco. So yes Dec1 start and dealerships should have cars late January

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read this in several different articles previously, but I was hoping it was incorrect information. My truck is in the shop today getting some general wear and tear maintenance done so I can keep it going a while longer. This is the time when I would normally replace my vehicle. I'm not very happy to have to wait another whole year. (Assuming I like the new Bronco.)

What was the disaster regarding the Explorer? (I mean other than completely changing the vehicle.) I used to love my Explorer Sport.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I read this in several different articles previously, but I was hoping it was incorrect information. My truck is in the shop today getting some general wear and tear maintenance done so I can keep it going a while longer. This is the time when I would normally replace my vehicle. I'm not very happy to have to wait another whole year. (Assuming I like the new Bronco.)

What was the disaster regarding the Explorer? (I mean other than completely changing the vehicle.) I used to love my Explorer Sport.
They had a few production issues with converting the factory over to the new platform. Then parts shortage issues. Software problems. Then some ā€œunreleasedā€ issues with the finished product.

sounds like anything that could go wrong did. So halting delivery for 2 months of their 2nd best selling vehicle was a nightmare.
Shortly after that it was announced that the Bronco production was pushed from October to December/Jan. to help make sure itā€™s 100% good to go.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
IIRC Job 1 for the Bronco has been Dec 7th for a long time, it was originally going to be June/July Job 1 but they redesigned it to be more ā€œBroncoā€ which was the delay.

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They need to get it right from our stand point as enthusiast but they need to perform for the shareholders too.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When in doubt, don't trust Motor 1.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone catch the Motor 1 article claiming Bronco production won't start until Dec 7th?

I guess I knew I'd have to wait until 2021, but the optimist in me kept hoping for availability late this year.

Just rewatched ā€œA Faster Horseā€

Documentery on the G6 Mustang Production.

job 1 for the Mustang was August 2014
it was unveiled December 2013. 8 months prior.

based on that ā€œlogicā€IF Detroit ā€œNAIASā€ is the unveiling in June. December ~6 months later makes sense.

also interesting to note ANYONE IN ARIZONA!!! Roughly 7-8 months before Job 1 and roughly 1 month before the unveiling
MULTIPLE pre production test cars get test driving in the desert at test tracks and quite mountain roads.

Sponsored

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Definitely not this year. However...a favorite day of launch has been Boxing Day at Ford.

December 26, 1985 was the day of the 1986 Ford Taurus sedan and Mercury Sable being launched. Job 1 was October 1985.

December 26, 1987 was the day that the 1988 Lincoln Continental was launched. Job 1 was Nov 1987.

December 26, 1988 was the day the 1989 Thunderbird and Mercury Cougar on MN12 were launched in showrooms.

December 26, 1992 was the day the 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII coupe on MN12 was launched.

December 26, 1993 was the day that the 1994 Ford Mustang SN-95 was launched.

December 26, 1998 was the day the 1999 "New Edge" Mustang went on sale.

December 26, 2002 was the desired launch date of the P221 F-150, which got delayed 9 months as a 2004 model instead in September 2003.

December 2005 was MCA of P221.
December 2008 was new P415 F-150.
December 2014 was new P552.

Clearly you see a past pattern.

I can't guarantee anything this year like that, because certain logistics for U725 have yet to determine the feasibility of under 3 week lead time. DECEMBER isn't really realistic at this point, as most of the Job 1 dates for past cars each originate in October and barely reached dealers in December.

Ranger began production a few days before its projected Nov 1st job 1 date in late October. And still didn't arrive until January 2019, plus still wasn't in volume for months.

Last edited: