First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As many others, I continue to check on the status of my 4Dr, Outer Banks, 2.7L, Sasquatch, High Lux Package Bronco. I logged in last Tuesday and to my surprise my Bronco status had switched to "In Production". Like so many others, my dates kept jumping around and the last date that I was given for production was just a couple of days before the Hardtop email. I was surprised to see that Im now in production, seeing as though there are still so many Broncos in Dirt Mountian still awaiting hard tops. I have a couple of questions. And I know there is no concrete answer especially with all that is currently going on, but I am sure a couple of you have some good ballparks.

1. How long on average is a Bronco "In Production"? Its interesting that the screenshot that I posted says 9-13, but when I checked on 9-7 it said "In Production. I may have not paid close enough attention to the Production date and it may have said 9-13 all along.

2. Once it is out of production, how long does it sit before being quality controlled and prepped for shipping?

3. I am in California, to my knowledge there have been very few sent to the California, but what should I expect as far as Transit times?

Ford Bronco Bronco updated to "In Production" on Sept. 7th Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 12.52.29 PM
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No issues, 2 or 3 days in production ... but it often does not update to "built" until shipping is finalized.
At that point, QC is complete, it's ready to go.
It may sit a little while to catch a train full.... but usually nowhere near as long as the dirt mountain folks.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In production = somewhere between its in the que to be built to its completely but has not made it to the shipping yard. If there are no issues the bronco will go to the toe in pit to be aligned, then roll test to validate emissions, water test for leak checks, a visual inspection line and have current based electrical testing. All those tests are a soon as it cranks up off the chassis line. A vehicle can get thru those processes in less than an hour if everything checks out and there aren’t dozens of units with problems parked everywhere. Any issue will cause the unit to go to a repair area which could add hours or multiple shifts to the time in predelivery.

Built- the unit has passed all QC checks and is released to be shipped. If a QC hold comes up for a group of Broncos and the unit is still on site it won’t be shipped until the hold is cleared. I’m not sure the customer system will show anything different or a unit that moves back to “in production” if it goes back in the plant thru the gate.

Shipped - the 3rd party shipper has the unit and it’s in transit. It’s on the way, 2-6 weeks depending on location and lots of logistics.

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As many others, I continue to check on the status of my 4Dr, Outer Banks, 2.7L, Sasquatch, High Lux Package Bronco. I logged in last Tuesday and to my surprise my Bronco status had switched to "In Production". Like so many others, my dates kept jumping around and the last date that I was given for production was just a couple of days before the Hardtop email. I was surprised to see that Im now in production, seeing as though there are still so many Broncos in Dirt Mountian still awaiting hard tops. I have a couple of questions. And I know there is no concrete answer especially with all that is currently going on, but I am sure a couple of you have some good ballparks.

1. How long on average is a Bronco "In Production"? Its interesting that the screenshot that I posted says 9-13, but when I checked on 9-7 it said "In Production. I may have not paid close enough attention to the Production date and it may have said 9-13 all along.

2. Once it is out of production, how long does it sit before being quality controlled and prepped for shipping?

3. I am in California, to my knowledge there have been very few sent to the California, but what should I expect as far as Transit times?

Ford Bronco Bronco updated to "In Production" on Sept. 7th Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 12.52.29 PM
Funny that I stumbled on your post. Mine went "In Production" last weekend but I also just noticed today that there was a date below the status (9/8). Not sure why the status updates first and then the date populates after? I'm guessing it's just a final reflection of when "in production" status became reality...few days lag time between someone sitting in a scheduling office updating your status and then someone actually on the manufacturing floor giving it a real date. Curious though. Either way congrats. I've been waiting to get moved to "Built" for a week now so can't say anticipation gets better/worse but at least you know they're putting your baby together.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Aubrishusband

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Becoming obsessive and checking the website twice daily to see if and when it switches to "Built". I was able to check out one of the links that another member provided where you can see if your electrical systems points have been tested and checked. Mine shows that all points have been tested. Im now on my 8th working day of "In Production". I know I am being a little obsessive, but it sounds like most builds are completed in 3 or 4 days. Any thoughts?

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Becoming obsessive and checking the website twice daily to see if and when it switches to "Built". I was able to check out one of the links that another member provided where you can see if your electrical systems points have been tested and checked. Mine shows that all points have been tested. Im now on my 8th working day of "In Production". I know I am being a little obsessive, but it sounds like most builds are completed in 3 or 4 days. Any thoughts?
my bronco has been "built" since 8/16... and I have not heard a word, and no further updates in shipping or on the window sticker (except the date at the bottom keeps changing)... my patience is wearing thin
Ford Bronco Bronco updated to "In Production" on Sept. 7th 1632249856771
Sponsored