R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FE is a one year vehicle, they have to produce them, so they were prioritized. Think of them as a sort of specialty unit.
Ford decided to make them all in 2021, but that didn't have to be the case. Some of the 7/13 high-option Badlands orders that will be skipped in order to build FE's would have selected the FE if it had the MIC top originally (which it now does). It is disappointing that Ford can't or won't build reservations made in the first few hours until next year, especially after handing out priority orders and such. But I am glad that these priority orders only made a few days months of difference to my order!

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford decided to make them all in 2021, but that didn't have to be the case. Some of the 7/13 high-option Badlands orders that will be skipped in order to build FE's would have selected the FE if it had the MIC top originally (which it now does). It is disappointing that Ford can't or won't build reservations made in the first few hours until next year, especially after handing out priority orders and such. But I am glad that these priority orders only made a few days months of difference to my order!
I thought the MIC top was the one people didn't want? You're saying that a large swath of Badlands customers would have ordered a First Edition if only it came with the MIC top? This is not snark, I'm genuinely not aware if this is the case. It was not the case with our reservation holders.

Hindsight is always 20/20. We don't know exactly what transpired between Webasto and Ford. So Ford had to adapt on the fly. This situation sucks for everyone involved. But do keep in mind that the first 24 hours of reservations there was supposedly 60k reservations. That's the assumed capacity for the 2021 model year, there was always going to be some broken hearts, and that sucks, this is clearly more popular that Ford anticipated, and there will be people that have to wait.

Edit: FWIW I have 10 still unscheduled FEs. The last FE has a timestamp of 7/13 23:34, before that last FE order, I have only 4 unscheduled Badlands with timestamps prior to 23:34, one of which is a two door.

Last edited:

Grunkster

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 edge st
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lol....soooo, I just put my deposit Friday (7/2/21) with granger to still get in on the 2k under invoice deal....no matter the build I am looking at a solid YEAR out... correct?

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought the MIC top was the one people didn't want? You're saying that a large swath of Badlands customers would have ordered a First Edition if only it came with the MIC top? This is not snark, I'm genuinely not aware if this is the case. It was not the case with our reservation holders.
Everyone that ordered a FE probably preferred the MOD, so they would have been very disappointed to get MIC. It probably wasn't fun to inform your customers of that! :)

You are probably right that it isn't a "large swath", but some prefer MIC for presumed scratch/chip resistance and low maintenance. I think the BL/WT orders that were ordered in the same timeframe as FE and are similarly equipped are going to be most impacted by the FE priority builds.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Everyone that ordered a FE probably preferred the MOD, so they would have been very disappointed to get MIC. It probably wasn't fun to inform your customers of that! :)

You are probably right that it isn't a "large swath", but some prefer MIC for presumed scratch/chip resistance and low maintenance. I think the BL/WT orders that were ordered in the same timeframe as FE and are similarly equipped are going to be most impacted by the FE priority builds.
my Badlands and my FE are equipped almost exactly the same- Mic, 2.7, SAS, Lux and the Badlands has tow package. Reservations were made within minutes of each other. Just checking my notes, First Edition time stamp is BEFORE my FE by 5 minutes.

My Badlands with all of the constraints was scheduled 7/1 for week of 8/9.

I almost 99ed my BL and was going to order a Mod top for it and then swap the Mod to the FE. Glad I didn't..

I am going to be a bit overwhelmed if my FE ends up being scheduled for August/September.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think so, only because FEs were sold out within hours. I think that the overwhelming majority of BL/WT orders before FEs will be built since their timestamps are already really early. Ford is still building MIC tops, just 20% less than they wanted to.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lol....soooo, I just put my deposit Friday (7/2/21) with granger to still get in on the 2k under invoice deal....no matter the build I am looking at a solid YEAR out... correct?
If your build is very basic (base with little no options, definitely none of the constrained options) you will probably get it sooner, considering Ford is telling dealers they'll stock them with stripper broncos to stock if they can't build orders in the order bank. Maybe even this year.

Grunkster

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 edge st
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm thinking big bend 2dr manual with only option the switchgear

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think so, only because FEs were sold out within hours. I think that the overwhelming majority of BL/WT orders before FEs will be built since their timestamps are already really early. Ford is still building MIC tops, just 20% less than they wanted to.
I hope you are right! The OP said that chances were slim due to large percentage of FEs, but of course that varies. It shouldn't be an issue at dealers that don't have a ton of unscheduled day1 orders.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I hope you are right! The OP said that chances were slim due to large percentage of FEs, but of course that varies. It shouldn't be an issue at dealers that don't have a ton of unscheduled day1 orders.
Ford has said they're planning on 60% MIC top, 40% ST for 2021 production. We know production is somewhere between 60-70k for 2021.

So we're looking at 36k MIC top, minus 7k for FE, should leave 29k or so MIC top non-fe to build.

First day res =(60k-7k for FE)=53k *.80 conversion (a guesstimate)=42k day 1 res, approx.

Remember too, not all of those are MIC top, and about 30% of my day 1 conversions are waiting for 2022 leaving about 27k non-FE buildable day 1 reservations. This doesn't take into account commodities, location or allocation at your dealer, but I'd think if you have a res prior to the last FE, you'll probably get a 2021.

That's how I'd look at it. But assuming a 2022, and hoping for a 2021 is not a bad mindset to have either.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm thinking big bend 2dr manual with only option the switchgear
Put the order in and cross your fingers

2dr will be a year out with a 7/2/21 reservation. If you want a 2021 you would have to go 4 door soft top, preferably with the 2.3L and a Mid pack (might be able to go OBX or BL with high)

I could see a scenario where a loaded BL could sneak through, only because stock orders are super constrained and Ford will always pick the customer order if the other commodities are available.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2dr will be a year out with a 7/2/21 reservation. If you want a 2021 you would have to go 4 door soft top, preferably with the 2.3L and a Mid pack (might be able to go OBX or BL with high)

I could see a scenario where a loaded BL could sneak through, only because stock orders are super constrained and Ford will always pick the customer order if the other commodities are available.
2.3 mid/high BL soft top seems like a nice spec to start a build off of
Sponsored