Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update
I asked the dealer to see what’s up with these tires when the Bronco was in the shop with a soft top issue.
they told me they contacted Ford and was sent to Goodyear (which makes sense). They said they contacted Goodyear and Goodyear told them it was used off-road, so that voided the tire warranty. That makes no sense to me for a tire specially marketed for off-road use on a vehicle specially marketed for off road use.
It hasn’t seen 100 miles off-road yet.
The dealer gave me a number to call Goodyear, which I did. The lady I talked to at Goodyear said they didn’t have any record of the dealer contacting them. They sent me to a local tire dealership for inspection. I went to the tire dealership this AM and they said it looked like a tire manufacture defect. They called Goodyear and Goodyear is replacing all 5-tires. They should be in next week.
Happy ending.
Sponsored

OP
OP

56huck

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Were you aired down? All tires will wear incredibly fast off-road. KO2's are not immune.
Ford Bronco Defective Goodyear SAS tires 10689878_10152696129975097_82839386835397999_n-
Yes, I was aired down, for a handful of miles (less than 50). I had KO2’s on my Rubicon that were aired down dozens of times and looked better than your tire after 50k miles.

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here is mine. Sidewall burst? Yet to see off road use on my rig, and less than 3,000 miles.

Just cruising down a smooth and decent road with no pot holes and I start hearing air hissing out. Didn’t bump anything and no scuff marks. Luckily I heard it before the warnings went off as I would of made it onto the highway by the time the warning came on.

I know these tires are tough based on first hand experience in Moab. Got to be defective. Wasn’t hissing when I got in 5 minutes prior.

Ford Bronco Defective Goodyear SAS tires FFB4C42D-854C-4F8E-8CD5-0BCDB0B9326B

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is mine. Sidewall burst? Yet to see off road use on my rig, and less than 3,000 miles.

Just cruising down a smooth and decent road with no pot holes and I start hearing air hissing out. Didn’t bump anything and no scuff marks. Luckily I heard it before the warnings went off as I would of made it onto the highway by the time the warning came on.

I know these tires are tough based on first hand experience in Moab. Got to be defective. Wasn’t hissing when I got in 5 minutes prior.

Ford Bronco Defective Goodyear SAS tires FFB4C42D-854C-4F8E-8CD5-0BCDB0B9326B
How did you hear it hissing while driving down the road? Looks like you ran over something sharp.

Sponsored

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How did you hear it hissing while driving down the road? Looks like you ran over something sharp.
Top back and windows open kind of day started to hear it when I was slowing down for a light.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update
I asked the dealer to see what’s up with these tires when the Bronco was in the shop with a soft top issue.
they told me they contacted Ford and was sent to Goodyear (which makes sense). They said they contacted Goodyear and Goodyear told them it was used off-road, so that voided the tire warranty. That makes no sense to me for a tire specially marketed for off-road use on a vehicle specially marketed for off road use.
It hasn’t seen 100 miles off-road yet.
The dealer gave me a number to call Goodyear, which I did. The lady I talked to at Goodyear said they didn’t have any record of the dealer contacting them. They sent me to a local tire dealership for inspection. I went to the tire dealership this AM and they said it looked like a tire manufacture defect. They called Goodyear and Goodyear is replacing all 5-tires. They should be in next week.
Happy ending.
Congratulations, Tim! 👍

Ashley (@618TRVLWILD), knows what’s what when it comes to tires. 😎 😉

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Congratulations, Tim! 👍

Ashley (@618TRVLWILD), knows what’s what when it comes to tires. 😎 😉
Glad to hear they are replacing. Way to many floating around that look like his! Def a manufacturer’s defect.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My Goodyear tires on my 21 Badlands Sasquatch appear to be defective. On the sides of the lugs it doesn’t appear the rubber filled all the voids during the molding process. There’s thin spots and gaps in the rubber. Some places have chunked out. I noticed it after my 3000 mile 5-tire rotation when the tire was on the spare mount. The pics show what I’m trying to describe. This tire only has 3k miles. I’m going to swing by the dealership and see if they will r
C28D62DD-AC7D-4707-A04D-539E76055A67.jpeg
61D79330-46D1-4C2E-8141-4A759D325FD9.jpeg
eplace the tires, as defective under warranty. I’m going to ask if I can get different tires as I’m not happy with the Goodyears. They throw rocks like no off-road tire I’ve ever owned and the off road traction isn’t as good as other off road tires, in my experience and opinion. My rear fender flares look like they’ve been shot with a shotgun.
Pretty standard wear on them considering you actually drove them off-road. They are certainly not the best tires Ford could have chosen. Of the OEM offerings, the K02's from the non-upgraded Badlands are the best tires on offer from the factory.

Sasquatch package on Badlands was never the value-leading option to add. For you going with the AT transmission, it was essentially fender flares, an ultra-mild lift, better gearing and the most overpriced wheels/tires you could put on the vehicle.

Look at it this way thought, now you have the opportunity to drop some coin and get ACTUAL good tires to take advantage of that Sasquatch package!

Edit: Saw that for some reason Goodyear is replacing them under warranty. They also won't last long. Start saving for proper tires or negotiate a discount on a different set of tires from them that don't suck.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Need to check your warranty. Every car that I know of the warranty explicitly does not cover tires.
Odd, because every new car that I've purchased came specifically with a tire warranty card in the insert. Of course that was in the book with the owners manual which requires paper :)

OP
OP

56huck

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update: Goodyear replaced all 5 tires under warranty about 3-weeks ago (good for them). Since then; I had a flat in week 1. A puncture when used only on the street, nothing in the tire, just a puncture in the tread (I was running 39 psi). Last week I went on an over landing trip in the Black Rock desert in northern Nevada with 7 Jeeps. Day 2, I woke up to a flat tire and put the spare on. The day was spent on Nevada gravel and dirt roads, no serious wheeling. I was running 25 psi. Day 3 noticed tire pressure dropping rapidly and plugged the tire. The entire day was spent on dirt/gravel roads., at 25 psi Day 4 another tire was loosing pressure. We were about 20- miles from a Les Schwab tire place and took it in for repair. They patched all the tires (no charge). Part of the day was spent in sand dunes at 12 psi, the rest on dirt/gravel roads at 25 psi. None of the Jeeps had a flat on the trip (they were running BFG’s, Falken, and Nitto tires at about the same pressure as me). I was never in the lead, so my tire tracks were in the same tire track as several Jeeps in front of me. The tread lugs are still chipping off but not as bad as the first set of tires. I have about 3k miles on this second set of tires. I hate being “that guy” who everybody else has to wait on while he deals with his poorly equipped vehicle. There we’re no other issues with the Bronco, or the 7 Jeep Rubicons on the trip.
I’m very disappointed in these tires. I’m going to order new Nitto’s tomorrow and if they aren’t available I will get BFG’s. I had BFG’s on my Rubicon for over 7-years with no issues., not even a flat tire. I can’t in good conscience, sell the barely used Goodyears with 4- patches in 3- tires. This will be an unexpected $2k expenditure on a nearly new Bronco.
Sponsored