Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All this talk of Moab makes me ask: does one need something better than the GY’s for trails like fins and things and top of the world?
They will work fine for you. Just air down and have fun!
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All this talk of Moab makes me ask: does one need something better than the GY’s for trails like fins and things and top of the world?
I did my Off Roadeo in Moab...traction was never and issue and I don't think the Rodeo Broncos even get aired down. I think I asked our guy and he said they are set to like 30 lbs.

I was in a 4 door Sasquatch.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a set of the original BFG KO's on my XJ and got 70K miles out of them -- and never even bothered to rotate them. I replaced them with KO2's, which now have 37K miles on them and are shaping up to be 70K tires as well. My only offroading with them is steep logging roads on the forested ridges that I deer hunt. They perform well in the snow on my daily commutes, and are just fine in the rain once I'm rolling along. They suck when taking off from a dead stop in rain, even with minimal gas pedal. I like them well enough that I'm putting a set of them (Badlands take-offs) on my Bronco.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a set of the original BFG KO's on my XJ and got 70K miles out of them -- and never even bothered to rotate them. I replaced them with KO2's, which now have 37K miles on them and are shaping up to be 70K tires as well. My only offroading with them is steep logging roads on the forested ridges that I deer hunt. They perform well in the snow on my daily commutes, and are just fine in the rain once I'm rolling along. They suck when taking off from a dead stop in rain, even with minimal gas pedal. I like them well enough that I'm putting a set of them (Badlands take-offs) on my Bronco.
I had KO2s on my 4Runner and thought that they were pretty good. I just think that the Toyos have more traction....No tire slip from stop to go in the rain. My A/T IIs would slip a bit, but the A/T IIIs are solid.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My Goodyear tires on my 21 Badlands Sasquatch appear to be defective.

I’m going to swing by the dealership and see if they will replace the tires, as defective under warranty. I’m going to ask if I can get different tires as I’m not happy with the Goodyears. They throw rocks like no off-road tire I’ve ever owned and the off road traction isn’t as good as other off road tires, in my experience and opinion. My rear fender flares look like they’ve been shot with a shotgun.
I am also not a fan of the Goodyear “Rock-Chuckers” that came on my SAS Bronco. I agree that they are the the most prone to throwing rocks tire that I have ever seen.

Having said that, you photo appears to show normal (for these tires) wear from off-road use on rocky terrain. They supposedly saw it a lot at the Off-Rodeo events. it is pretty unlikely that your dealer is going to try and warranty those as they will likely end up holding the bag for the $1000 set of tires when Ford and/or Goodyear deny the claim.

Also your dealer absolutely cannot perform a warranty claim to give you a different brand or model of tire. If for some reason agree that these are defective, you would get another set of the same tire.

Sponsored

Snowboarder777

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I dislike the goodyear territory tires IMO. They vibrate a bit on the highway 65 mph and up, noisy and aren't that great in light snow i had in Michigan since picking up the Bronco first edition in Feb. I had them rebalanced by my dealer but I know for sure they are all are out of round and the dealer didnt road force balance them, so I figure its not worth getting them replace as per the uniformity warranty as I do not like them.

I am planning to replace them soon. Got a set of BF Goodrich KO2 C load that comes on the Ford Raptor and will have them mounted soon.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Goodyear tires on my 21 Badlands Sasquatch appear to be defective. On the sides of the lugs it doesn’t appear the rubber filled all the voids during the molding process. There’s thin spots and gaps in the rubber. Some places have chunked out. I noticed it after my 3000 mile 5-tire rotation when the tire was on the spare mount. The pics show what I’m trying to describe. This tire only has 3k miles. I’m going to swing by the dealership and see if they will r
C28D62DD-AC7D-4707-A04D-539E76055A67.jpeg
61D79330-46D1-4C2E-8141-4A759D325FD9.jpeg
eplace the tires, as defective under warranty. I’m going to ask if I can get different tires as I’m not happy with the Goodyears. They throw rocks like no off-road tire I’ve ever owned and the off road traction isn’t as good as other off road tires, in my experience and opinion. My rear fender flares look like they’ve been shot with a shotgun.
@618TRVLWILD

Hey, Ashley. You’re one of our resident tire experts. Any thoughts? 🤔

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

WarringEagle

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Need to check your warranty. Every car that I know of the warranty explicitly does not cover tires.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kinda looks like an over cured tire. Which means it was cooked to long almost creates a rotting affect.
So if it’s defective, then Goodyear should replace it, right?

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I dislike the goodyear territory tires IMO. They vibrate a bit on the highway 65 mph and up, noisy and aren't that great in light snow i had in Michigan since picking up the Bronco first edition in Feb. I had them rebalanced by my dealer but I know for sure they are all are out of round and the dealer didnt road force balance them, so I figure its not worth getting them replace as per the uniformity warranty as I do not like them.

I am planning to replace them soon. Got a set of BF Goodrich KO2 C load that comes on the Ford Raptor and will have them mounted soon.
Holy crap finally someone else has noticed/mentioned this.

My rig has started high frequency vibrating like a MF'r at 55-60mph and I'm confident it's these Goodyears.

Disagree with your take on their snow performance though. They suck on ice but I have been very impressed with traction on snow. It's the only thing about them I like.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So if it’s defective, then Goodyear should replace it, right?
Yes! If they do theirs like we do ours. Goodyear should replace any defective tires. I believe have to call Goodyear though. Dealer may be able to help. Not sure. Usually got to go through the OEM manufacturer!