First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Goodyear tires on my 21 Badlands Sasquatch appear to be defective. On the sides of the lugs it doesn’t appear the rubber filled all the voids during the molding process. There’s thin spots and gaps in the rubber. Some places have chunked out. I noticed it after my 3000 mile 5-tire rotation when the tire was on the spare mount. The pics show what I’m trying to describe. This tire only has 3k miles. I’m going to swing by the dealership and see if they will r
Ford Bronco Defective Goodyear SAS tires C28D62DD-AC7D-4707-A04D-539E76055A67
Ford Bronco Defective Goodyear SAS tires 61D79330-46D1-4C2E-8141-4A759D325FD9
eplace the tires, as defective under warranty. I’m going to ask if I can get different tires as I’m not happy with the Goodyears. They throw rocks like no off-road tire I’ve ever owned and the off road traction isn’t as good as other off road tires, in my experience and opinion. My rear fender flares look like they’ve been shot with a shotgun.
Sponsored

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How much off-roading and rock crawling have you done? Looks like it could be damage caused by spinning tires on jagged surfaces,

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Judging by the leading edge of the lugs being rolled over and it looks like its the outer 50% of the tire not the inner, looks like you've done a fair bit of crawling. Chunking and gaps in the rubber that I'm seeing are normal for cheaper low ply tires. Not saying I'd be happy with those results either, but they are predictable. I'd be surprised if Ford would replace them under warranty, and find it highly doubtful if they did, they'd give you an entire different brand

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My Goodyear tires on my 21 Badlands Sasquatch appear to be defective. On the sides of the lugs it doesn’t appear the rubber filled all the voids during the molding process. There’s thin spots and gaps in the rubber. Some places have chunked out. I noticed it after my 3000 mile 5-tire rotation when the tire was on the spare mount. The pics show what I’m trying to describe. This tire only has 3k miles. I’m going to swing by the dealership and see if they will r
eplace the tires, as defective under warranty. I’m going to ask if I can get different tires as I’m not happy with the Goodyears. They throw rocks like no off-road tire I’ve ever owned and the off road traction isn’t as good as other off road tires, in my experience and opinion. My rear fender flares look like they’ve been shot with a shotgun.
we saw this same thing on tires on vehicles at the first off rodeos like the tires were crumbling after only a few hundred miles

OP
OP

56huck

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1-short trip rock crawling. Very little tire spinning. Less that 100 miles on dirt roads
Both leading and trailing edges of lugs look the same

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
run Toyos but prepare yourself as they are 20+ pounds heavier per corner

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1-short trip rock crawling. Very little tire spinning. Less that 100 miles on dirt roads
Both leading and trailing edges of lugs look the same
The same thing happened with my original bfg ko tires. Bought a set brand new and a week later took them on hells revenge in moab. They looked just like that after I noticed getting home from my trip. These tires just arent meant for any type of rock crawling. The KO2's fixed this and they are much tougher.
You can try and see what they say but agreed with the other posts, you'll need something better to go on rock crawling trips.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've seen Toyos M/Ts disintegrate like this as well....

Have 37" M/Ts on my F250 and while not falling apart like this I still absolutely hate them, and they also began cracking between all the lugs after 4 years and not a ton of miles. I have older tires in better shape.

Their A/Ts have also never impressed me in traction or tread life.

Bottom of the barrel tires IMO. Don't know anyone who likes them.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've spent the last few days doing some serious research on tires. Not necessarily for the Bronco (because I don't have mine yet) But I'm thinking of switching to 35s on my current rig but want to stick with "C" rating.

With that said, choices are limited and my research has put the Open country AT3 at the top of my list followed by the KO2 primarily because of weight. AT3 = 59lbs, KO2 = 63.5lbs.

My preferred tire was going to be the 35/11.5 Ridge Grappler (I like that they were a little bit skinnier) however they are the heaviest tire at 72.6lbs!

Anyway, my point being is .....

My research showed they seem to be the lightest of the common off-road tire.

I've seen Toyos M/Ts disintegrate like this as well....

Their A/Ts have also never impressed me in traction or tread life.

Bottom of the barrel tires IMO. Don't know anyone who likes them.
This concerns me. Seems like a lot of people really did like them from what I was able to find. Not having any real-world experience with those tires, it has been a guessing game. For those people you know that hated them, what's their take on the KO2?

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One set for daily use, one set for off road and crawling. Twenty minutes to swap them out. Enjoy!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My bad I was thinking of Nittos.

If you don't need a heavy duty tire then just stick with K02s (c -rated) great on road and very quiet and snow rated.

OP
OP

56huck

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ran KO2’s on my Rubicon for several years (3-sets, I think). I liked them overall. They handles well in most situations. I think my KM3 did better rock crawling, especially in Moab but I got much better mileage out of the KO2 than the KM3( 50k vs 30k)

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All this talk of Moab makes me ask: does one need something better than the GY’s for trails like fins and things and top of the world?

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've spent the last few days doing some serious research on tires. Not necessarily for the Bronco (because I don't have mine yet) But I'm thinking of switching to 35s on my current rig but want to stick with "C" rating.

With that said, choices are limited and my research has put the Open country AT3 at the top of my list followed by the KO2 primarily because of weight. AT3 = 59lbs, KO2 = 63.5lbs.

My preferred tire was going to be the 35/11.5 Ridge Grappler (I like that they were a little bit skinnier) however they are the heaviest tire at 72.6lbs!

Anyway, my point being is .....

This concerns me. Seems like a lot of people really did like them from what I was able to find. Not having any real-world experience with those tires, it has been a guessing game. For those people you know that hated them, what's their take on the KO2?

Not sure how the Toyo Open Country A/T IIIs will be for rock crawling, but I do have them on my F-150 and they are great in the snow and any dirt trails I've been on. I rotate them every 5k miles with my oil changes. I currently have 40k plus miles on them and they still have a ton of tread on them.

My last set of Toyo tires, I had on my F-150 were Open Country A/T IIs and I got 80k miles out of them. Now to be fair, 97% of the mileage on them here regular roads, but I still think that is great.

Nitto is owned by Toyo and I would imagine that they have the same engineers that work on both lines when developing tires, rubber compounds, etc...

I do have a set of Toyo Open Country A/T IIIs waiting for my Bronco to arrive. For the driving I know that I will do with my Bronco and having to deal more with snow and ice than boulders, I'm happy with my selection. There are some tires that look more aggressive, but I believe in the performance history and what works for me when I am spending my money.
Sponsored