Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it was related to fading, why didn't they use the MIC Carb Gray color on the flares, pillars and door handles?

I think they are going for a more modern look to stand out from Jeep. Not sure that it's going as hoped for though...
Here is a picture I took of the overland concept in Seattle. Everything IS grey and matches pretty well.
Ford Bronco Defending Fords decision for the CG MIC Hard top D70B1847-E08C-488C-9FA0-975CDFF73D1D
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Jeeps have black tops, Ford of course referenced the Jeep for the comeback of the Bronco but couldn't copy them either ... IFS, no center rollbar, mirrors on the cowl, and a gray top (when they could have just went heritage and chose white) ... all improvements over the Jeep right?

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can tell alot of you hate the hard top that ford is offering at the moment, hear me out for a lil
the grey hard top is obviously designed to prevent another jeep-like issue, their hard tops are always fading,

therefore, bronco decided to tackle this common issue, by offering their own "Carbonized Grey" hard top, so that it can be more resistant to fading from sun exposure.

Yes we all want black hard top, but that will eventually fade with time
with a grey top, there will be no color change.

Im sure a black top will come soon, but I can see fords motive for the grey top
White doesn't fade. I wanted white - it's the old school look. Should be an option.

Bcacali24

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F-250 IDI Turbo Diesel Ext Cab 4x4 5-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My TJ Black Hardtop still looks great...

351HO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150, 92 Ranger, 85 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks @damarble and @UncleBuck for the pictures. The MIC top definitely has some chameleon qualities to it, but the general consensus from people who have actually seen it with their own eyes is that it matches the rest of the vehicle well.

Sponsored

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can tell alot of you hate the hard top that ford is offering at the moment, hear me out for a lil
the grey hard top is obviously designed to prevent another jeep-like issue, their hard tops are always fading,

therefore, bronco decided to tackle this common issue, by offering their own "Carbonized Grey" hard top, so that it can be more resistant to fading from sun exposure.

Ill defend it. I like it. And several people like it, but it seems several do not. I will say this. The last off road vehicle I saw with a white top was an FJ Cruiser. C'mon people. I know the Original Broncos had some with white tops but I don't want to be rolling around in a vehicle with a white top that looks similar to the FJ. Also, the MIC top looks awesome with the Antimatter blue and Cactus Grey and some of the other colors. Just my opinion but I would pick the MIC top over a black top, white top or painted matching color top.

Ford Bronco Defending Fords decision for the CG MIC Hard top 1604076082006

Last edited:

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a picture I took of the overland concept in Seattle. Everything IS grey and matches pretty well.
Ford Bronco Defending Fords decision for the CG MIC Hard top 1604076082006
It is definitely lighter but the key is that it matches well. That's all I care about really.

I really want to see a Carbonized Gray (4-door Badlands preferably) with the MIC top to see how the grays look together. I'm hopeful they will look good together but really want to see it before I decide on Carb Gray for my color.

I will say that I like the way A51 looks with it but unfortunately, my wife doesn't like A51 at all. ? Maybe if she sees it in person she will have a different opinion but not sure when we will get to do that.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can live with the gray....but those removable windows....what's the problem?
Only the Shadow black you can pop those back windows out. I would love to have that in the MIC Gray. For the reason being I have no intention of taking the hard top off for a while. So be awesome if the MIC Gray windows popped, doors off. Summer time cruising!

Last edited:

Sponsored

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

View attachment 57716
It is definitely lighter but the key is that it matches well. That's all I care about really.

I really want to see a Carbonized Gray (4-door Badlands preferably) with the MIC top to see how the grays look together. I'm hopeful they will look good together but really want to see it before I decide on Carb Gray for my color.

I will say that I like the way A51 looks with it but unfortunately, my wife doesn't like A51 at all. ? Maybe if she sees it in person she will have a different opinion but not sure when we will get to do that.
Check out this IG pic of carbonized grey.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No worries. I didn’t notice the discrepancy in colors between them or if I did, I don’t remember them being so different that it stuck in my memory.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So my problem with it is the mismatched colors with all of the other black plastics used it looks awful. I wished (& at this point I plan on doing this myself probably, since it will probably be easier to paint/plastidip/etc those then the whole top) they would have made those areas gray as well.

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So with this logic, create a new used looking part. We should demand an optional paint job on the OB with racing strips and seats with fart stains, a faded dash and lastly 60k tires with 20k life left on them. All for 50K+ and we will like it because it is trendy today.

I do not buy ripped jeans, I earn my tears. Just like I have earned all my scars, each one has a story, some are me being stupid, some are wrong place at the wrong time. I own them all.

The grey top seems like it was designed by a poser. Yes I am that old.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs