Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took delivery of my Badlands, 4-door, Sasquatch, Black, Lux, MIC hard top, tow package Bronco last Wednesday. I reserved my Bronco on the first day and converted to an order on the first possible day. I have been waiting 19 months for this car. My dealership, Larry H. Miller Ford Lincoln Provo, was excellent. They gave me the Ford A-plan discount, great trade in of our other Ford, and great financing. Given a lot of the threads here, I was expecting things to be more of a hassle.

Ford Bronco Delivery, mud, rocks, sunset, happiness Bronco1

The car drives so smoothly. The stance of the Bronco is so strong, aggressive, high, and tight. I've had so many Ford truck guys stop me at the gas station, stop lights, and parking lots to congratulate me and appreciate the car. It is not the attention that I love the most about those encounters. It is the joy of talking with people who love and appreciate this car as much as I do. This is my dream car.

I took the top off on Saturday and drove around in the unseasonably warm Utah weather (high 50s). It was so easy to take the whole top off, and it was quick to put it back on at night. I am so glad that Ford took some time to get the hard top right.

Ford Bronco Delivery, mud, rocks, sunset, happiness BroncoNoTo

Finally, I took the Bronco off road today for its first mud in the mountains west of Utah Lake behind Saratoga Springs. The trail is called Israel Canyon Trail, and it follows a communication tower road to the peak of the mountain. The trail was muddy and beautiful. The mud turned to snow, which became icy and treacherous. We made it 3/4 of the way up, but the terrain became too steep with a coat of packed and icy snow. I was worried that the Bronco would start sliding. So we turned around and came home. But the car handled so well on the trail. It is a great climber. Rock Crawl mode was excellent for climbing the steep, icy road. I shot this picture at the end of the day with the muddy car and the sunset.

Ford Bronco Delivery, mud, rocks, sunset, happiness BroncoSunset

To anyone still waiting for your Bronco, it was so worth the wait for me. Like I said, this is my dream car. I am 46-years-old, and I am ready to do some serious off-roading. And Utah has an infinite supply of great places to explore. Then you expand the circle to include Montana, Idaho, Colorado, California, Nevada, Arizona. I can't wait.
Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome!

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is so great! Congrats and enjoy your bronco!

OP
OP
RickEcon

RickEcon

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@SD_Bronco, I miss my gray 1997 Toyota 4Runner with a manual transmission. That was my favorite car I have owned until last Wednesday. I really wanted the manual transmission with this Bronco, but I wasn't willing to go with the 2.3L engine.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I took delivery of my Badlands, 4-door, Sasquatch, Black, Lux, MIC hard top, tow package Bronco last Wednesday. I reserved my Bronco on the first day and converted to an order on the first possible day. I have been waiting 19 months for this car. My dealership, Larry H. Miller Ford Lincoln Provo, was excellent. They gave me the Ford A-plan discount, great trade in of our other Ford, and great financing. Given a lot of the threads here, I was expecting things to be more of a hassle.

The car drives so smoothly. The stance of the Bronco is so strong, aggressive, high, and tight. I've had so many Ford truck guys stop me at the gas station, stop lights, and parking lots to congratulate me and appreciate the car. It is not the attention that I love the most about those encounters. It is the joy of talking with people who love and appreciate this car as much as I do. This is my dream car.

I took the top off on Saturday and drove around in the unseasonably warm Utah weather (high 50s). It was so easy to take the whole top off, and it was quick to put it back on at night. I am so glad that Ford took some time to get the hard top right.

Finally, I took the Bronco off road today for its first mud in the mountains west of Utah Lake behind Saratoga Springs. The trail is called Israel Canyon Trail, and it follows a communication tower road to the peak of the mountain. The trail was muddy and beautiful. The mud turned to snow, which became icy and treacherous. We made it 3/4 of the way up, but the terrain became too steep with a coat of packed and icy snow. I was worried that the Bronco would start sliding. So we turned around and came home. But the car handled so well on the trail. It is a great climber. Rock Crawl mode was excellent for climbing the steep, icy road. I shot this picture at the end of the day with the muddy car and the sunset.

To anyone still waiting for your Bronco, it was so worth the wait for me. Like I said, this is my dream car. I am 46-years-old, and I am ready to do some serious off-roading. And Utah has an infinite supply of great places to explore. Then you expand the circle to include Montana, Idaho, Colorado, California, Nevada, Arizona. I can't wait.
We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying your new Bronco! Congrats and welcome to the family!

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@SD_Bronco, I miss my gray 1997 Toyota 4Runner with a manual transmission. That was my favorite car I have owned until last Wednesday. I really wanted the manual transmission with this Bronco, but I wasn't willing to go with the 2.3L engine.
Happy to hear that! I got mine as a stop gap cause of bronco production issues and It’s quickly become one of my favorite cars I’ve ever owned. This truck is old, has 378k miles but still dead reliable. And she keeps up with my friends rubicon on 37’s!
if You’re ever in SoCal let me know, lots of great trails here.

Spidie

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 sport trac
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

🥰

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
THIS!

Folks spreading negative news are the loudest. But in reality most dealerships are NOT ripping people off.

Given a lot of the threads here, I was expecting things to be more of a hassle.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It never takes a black vehicle to get dirty out West, but you may have set a record 😂

Sponsored

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats. Looks great.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I make it back out to Utah, I am looking forward to hitting the trails...

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So glad you are enjoying it. I have had mine for almost 2 months and 1400 miles. I bet you smile every time you walk out and see it. That will not stop for a while. I still do it. I tell people every day how much I love it. I will be a little longer before I start to hit the trails. I have to get over the fact that I dropped $50k on a vehicle that I PLAN to get dirty. I really want to go to some trails nearby that I will not get pinstripes. PPF is too expensive for me right now.
Enjoy your beautiful new Bronco!!

OP
OP
RickEcon

RickEcon

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So glad you are enjoying it. I have had mine for almost 2 months and 1400 miles. I bet you smile every time you walk out and see it. That will not stop for a while. I still do it. I tell people every day how much I love it. I will be a little longer before I start to hit the trails. I have to get over the fact that I dropped $50k on a vehicle that I PLAN to get dirty. I really want to go to some trails nearby that I will not get pinstripes. PPF is too expensive for me right now.
Enjoy your beautiful new Bronco!!
@Ponyride302. Yes. I am enjoying it and smiling everyday. But it has only been a week. This is my midlife crisis car. I don't care about the paint or scratching the wheels. This drives my wife crazy (in a bad way). I am squeezing as much enjoyment out of this vehicle as I can. And I expect the paint will get scratched. Utah is full of amazing trails (Wasatch Front, Uintah Mountains, Moab, Canyonlands, Zion, Sand Hollow, Snow Canyon) and lots of abandoned desert and mining roads. I can now go further into the back country than I ever have before :)
Sponsored