First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am very happy for you having a great time with it.
Sponsored

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perfect little tale of the journey to getting your Bronco. Loved it. I completely agree to your thoughts. It's quite a perfect truck for me right now. I literally dream about what I'm going to do next in it.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great write up and Congrats!!!!

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took delivery of my Badlands, 4-door, Sasquatch, Black, Lux, MIC hard top, tow package Bronco last Wednesday. I reserved my Bronco on the first day and converted to an order on the first possible day. I have been waiting 19 months for this car. My dealership, Larry H. Miller Ford Lincoln Provo, was excellent. They gave me the Ford A-plan discount, great trade in of our other Ford, and great financing. Given a lot of the threads here, I was expecting things to be more of a hassle.

Ford Bronco Delivery, mud, rocks, sunset, happiness Brodie Bronco

The car drives so smoothly. The stance of the Bronco is so strong, aggressive, high, and tight. I've had so many Ford truck guys stop me at the gas station, stop lights, and parking lots to congratulate me and appreciate the car. It is not the attention that I love the most about those encounters. It is the joy of talking with people who love and appreciate this car as much as I do. This is my dream car.

I took the top off on Saturday and drove around in the unseasonably warm Utah weather (high 50s). It was so easy to take the whole top off, and it was quick to put it back on at night. I am so glad that Ford took some time to get the hard top right.

Finally, I took the Bronco off road today for its first mud in the mountains west of Utah Lake behind Saratoga Springs. The trail is called Israel Canyon Trail, and it follows a communication tower road to the peak of the mountain. The trail was muddy and beautiful. The mud turned to snow, which became icy and treacherous. We made it 3/4 of the way up, but the terrain became too steep with a coat of packed and icy snow. I was worried that the Bronco would start sliding. So we turned around and came home. But the car handled so well on the trail. It is a great climber. Rock Crawl mode was excellent for climbing the steep, icy road. I shot this picture at the end of the day with the muddy car and the sunset.

To anyone still waiting for your Bronco, it was so worth the wait for me. Like I said, this is my dream car. I am 46-years-old, and I am ready to do some serious off-roading. And Utah has an infinite supply of great places to explore. Then you expand the circle to include Montana, Idaho, Colorado, California, Nevada, Arizona. I can't wait.
Like to see posts like this as opposed to adults whining about waiting, as if they have some other pressing need to drop 40-60k on in a hurry. Much bigger concerns in life aside from an optional to own SUV. Congrats.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome write up and glad you are enjoying your Bronco @RickEcon !!!

As a MIC 2.0 top guy this comment did make me chuckle though. Just curious if you have any exposed edges on your the top? I have some pretty gnarly edges on mine and the countless leak threads I have seen on the forums has me wondering if the hard top engineer is the one in the same as the one that created the swimming pool fenders Braptor.

I am so glad that Ford took some time to get the hard top right.

bwbwinters39

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ok, My family has been considering a Bronco, and we’re in this area, does that ford dealership charge ADM at all?

Rovertbee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took delivery of my Badlands, 4-door, Sasquatch, Black, Lux, MIC hard top, tow package Bronco last Wednesday. I reserved my Bronco on the first day and converted to an order on the first possible day. I have been waiting 19 months for this car. My dealership, Larry H. Miller Ford Lincoln Provo, was excellent. They gave me the Ford A-plan discount, great trade in of our other Ford, and great financing. Given a lot of the threads here, I was expecting things to be more of a hassle.

The car drives so smoothly. The stance of the Bronco is so strong, aggressive, high, and tight. I've had so many Ford truck guys stop me at the gas station, stop lights, and parking lots to congratulate me and appreciate the car. It is not the attention that I love the most about those encounters. It is the joy of talking with people who love and appreciate this car as much as I do. This is my dream car.

I took the top off on Saturday and drove around in the unseasonably warm Utah weather (high 50s). It was so easy to take the whole top off, and it was quick to put it back on at night. I am so glad that Ford took some time to get the hard top right.

Finally, I took the Bronco off road today for its first mud in the mountains west of Utah Lake behind Saratoga Springs. The trail is called Israel Canyon Trail, and it follows a communication tower road to the peak of the mountain. The trail was muddy and beautiful. The mud turned to snow, which became icy and treacherous. We made it 3/4 of the way up, but the terrain became too steep with a coat of packed and icy snow. I was worried that the Bronco would start sliding. So we turned around and came home. But the car handled so well on the trail. It is a great climber. Rock Crawl mode was excellent for climbing the steep, icy road. I shot this picture at the end of the day with the muddy car and the sunset.

To anyone still waiting for your Bronco, it was so worth the wait for me. Like I said, this is my dream car. I am 46-years-old, and I am ready to do some serious off-roading. And Utah has an infinite supply of great places to explore. Then you expand the circle to include Montana, Idaho, Colorado, California, Nevada, Arizona. I can't wait.
Great post! I’m in Saratoga Springs as well, just still waiting for my Bronco - but it’s on a railcar right now so hopefully in a few weeks. PM me if you’d like to meet up and test our Broncos on some local trails.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored
OP
OP
RickEcon

RickEcon

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome write up and glad you are enjoying your Bronco @RickEcon !!!

As a MIC 2.0 top guy this comment did make me chuckle though. Just curious if you have any exposed edges on your the top? I have some pretty gnarly edges on mine and the countless leak threads I have seen on the forums has me wondering if the hard top engineer is the one in the same as the one that created the swimming pool fenders Braptor.
@j_marinelli. I have no issues (yet) with my MIC 2.0 top. Edges look great. A little noisy on the freeway, but the sound deadening headliner certainly does some work. I live in the Rockies, so I admittedly have not had a lot of precipitation to test the seals. But the top looks good and functions well so far.

OP
OP
RickEcon

RickEcon

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, My family has been considering a Bronco, and we’re in this area, does that ford dealership charge ADM at all?
@bwbwinters39. Yes. Every dealer charges a markup on Broncos that were not reservation/pre-order. The only MSRP guarantees were on the orders that had to wait. I don't know what the cutoff is. But the current markup on Broncos that come available for anyone to buy (e.g., a reservation holder Bronco comes in, but the order holder cannot pay for it anymore) looks like it is about 20-25%. It is a hard time to buy cars that are in high demand and short supply.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@j_marinelli. I have no issues (yet) with my MIC 2.0 top. Edges look great. A little noisy on the freeway, but the sound deadening headliner certainly does some work. I live in the Rockies, so I admittedly have not had a lot of precipitation to test the seals. But the top looks good and functions well so far.
Appreciate the feedback!

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice rig. Yeah, you should be excited. You live right in the nexus of the Earth's bones.
Sponsored