Sponsored

Did anyone else do a Bronco Test Drive in the Dirt?

HUbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50Year
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I got an email from Ford and signed up for the Castaic Lake (north of LA) and then went last week. It was great! Definitely loved the pep, it's not my Mustang GT but I was in the four cylinder and four door OB, while I'd bought a two door OB and a V6. Definitely had some punch.

They told me if I hadn't gotten my VIN yet (which I hadn't even though I was a first day Reservation and a first day order) I could still make changes. So I updated and literally two days later got the production email with my VIN and my date (1/10/22).

How accurate have these been lately? And how long should I expect for transport to West Coast?
Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I got an email from Ford and signed up for the Castaic Lake (north of LA) and then went last week. It was great! Definitely loved the pep, it's not my Mustang GT but I was in the four cylinder and four door OB, while I'd bought a two door OB and a V6. Definitely had some punch.

They told me if I hadn't gotten my VIN yet (which I hadn't even though I was a first day Reservation and a first day order) I could still make changes. So I updated and literally two days later got the production email with my VIN and my date (1/10/22).

How accurate have these been lately? And how long should I expect for transport to West Coast?
Welcome and congrats on the VIN/date! At this point, build dates should be pretty accurate. Not seeing build dates getting pushed back like we used to see a lot during the summer. I can't speak to transport to west coast, but I would guess 3+ weeks from ship date, which could be a week or so after build date.

What changes did you make to get your build date quicker? Switch to softtop 4door? Switch to 2.3L? Drop LUX or tow package?

OP
OP
HUbs

HUbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50Year
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Welcome and congrats on the VIN/date! At this point, build dates should be pretty accurate. Not seeing build dates getting pushed back like we used to see a lot during the summer. I can't speak to transport to west coast, but I would guess 3+ weeks from ship date, which could be a week or so after build date.

What changes did you make to get your build date quicker? Switch to softtop 4door? Switch to 2.3L? Drop LUX or tow package?
I was updated to a 2022 in early November. The 2022 changed a few things from 2022, most notably cancelled the Bimini top.

I actually added the tow package, re-added the Bimini top (I'm a MIC), the lockbox, and the Spare Tire Cover. That got it dislodged from order purgatory I think.

Anyway, thanks for your help. I leave for Thailand in late Feb, so I am hoping to have it by then.

OP
OP
HUbs

HUbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50Year
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh and I have the High Package, not LUX as the extra 2K probably not worth it for wireless charging and a moderately better stereo.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was updated to a 2022 in early November. The 2022 changed a few things from 2022, most notably cancelled the Bimini top.

I actually added the tow package, re-added the Bimini top (I'm a MIC), the lockbox, and the Spare Tire Cover. That got it dislodged from order purgatory I think.

Anyway, thanks for your help. I leave for Thailand in late Feb, so I am hoping to have it by then.
Thats interesting... must have just been good timing and those changes went through right before you got scheduled for production. Usually removing constraints gets it scheduled, not adding tow package and a bunch of accessories. Glad it worked out for you!

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh, and to answer your title question, I did not test drive in the dirt before ordering but recently I attended Nevada Off-Roadeo. These things are a blast to drive off-road! I did a test drive on city streets a while back and it seemed great, but not a good comparison to my order because the test drive was a soft top with sasquatch, so road noise was definitely more than I'll have (hopefully) in a MIC non-sas.
Sponsored