Sponsored

Go test drive one, I just did, it helps with the wait.

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the dealer near me has a Wildtrack 4dr w/ 2.7, pretty optioned up. Its been there a few weeks but I didnt have a strong urge to drive it, just more "eh, if I happen to be over on that side of town" and I never was. Finally today, nothing to do, so I headed over with a buddy. We both have Wildtracks on order and he hadn't driven it yet either. We both came away completely happy with our order, and I feel like it bought me some patience while I wait. Thats a great machine and I wish I could have spent more time in it. If I get in the mood maybe I'll write up more of review-style thoughts, but we've also all read so many of those maybe I won't.

Just for note, I currently have a 2015 JK thats pretty modified (lift, 4.56 gears, bumpers, blah blah), on 35's. So capability-wise not far off a Bronco w/ Sas.

Go drive one so you'll feel a little better about waiting, and also want it a little more at the same time.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I get in the mood maybe I'll write up more of review-style thoughts, but we've also all read so many of those maybe I won't.

Just for note, I currently have a 2015 JK thats pretty modified (lift, 4.56 gears, bumpers, blah blah), on 35's. So capability-wise not far off a Bronco w/ Sas.
I would love to read your review. One of my friends in town has a WT on order and also owns a Jeep, so I’m sure he would love to read your review, too.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drove 70 miles to test drive on Saturday. When we pull up it's nowhere to be found. I ask a salesman what's up and he says the owner is driving it and he doesn't work on weekends so it's not here...great.

The only other dealership around that had one is 60 miles away and they won't let anybody test drive it so they can sell it with low miles in 6 months.

This is total bullshit and I'm not even worried about it anymore. I'll drive one when/if mine ever shows but I know a couple dealerships I won't be ever doing any business with.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Drove 70 miles to test drive on Saturday. When we pull up it's nowhere to be found. I ask a salesman what's up and he says the owner is driving it and he doesn't work on weekends so it's not here...great.

The only other dealership around that had one is 60 miles away and they won't let anybody test drive it so they can sell it with low miles in 6 months.

This is total bullshit and I'm not even worried about it anymore. I'll drive one when/if mine ever shows but I know a couple dealerships I won't be ever doing any business with.
Dealers have been telling me Ford won’t let dealers sell there mannequins until they hit 8k Miles.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was close to my dealership Saturday and when I texted my salesman about coming by to see their mannequin, he told me they were not allowing test drives on theirs. I didn’t bother to go by.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I was in Des Moines on Saturday for a wedding. Made plans with Sean at Granger to test drive the mannequins. Sean said he wouldn’t be there but he’d leave the keys with Jay. The folks at Granger are awesome. Met with Ben and Jay. Took both the 2.3 7MT 4 door BB and the 2.7 AT 2 door WT out for test drives. Granger is great to work with. Kudos to @Zach@Granger for having such a great team. Also thanks to Ben for a great suggestion for lunch.

Since my reservation with Granger is currently a 2.3 MT, I was most interested in driving that. The MT is silky smooth and the 2.3 was fine for me. Not many miles on it so I was pretty gentle with it. I’m not looking for another race car anyways. The 2.7 pulls pretty darn good in my opinion if speed and power is what you are looking for and my last toy was a Lightning.

The biggest surprise was how nice the BB seats looked. Much darker than in the pictures. Almost as dark as the B&P which we all know as messed up. The BB has been upgraded to 35’s and even with the 4.46’s, it seemed fine with regards to power.

Both were a bit noisier inside than I was expecting but then I just got done driving 5 hours in a Lexus ES350 so I was a bit tainted. Soft top definitely louder inside than the hardtop.

In any case, they are definitely fun to drive and Granger is as good in person if not better than they are on the phone or online. That store is the real deal for all the non believers!

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's the same in my area. Can't drive 'em, don't want to wear the 'pretty" off of 'em.
Sponsored