T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
moped
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats on getting to drive it but I don't get it... Why would the dealer want to keep it a secret? And why would you have to sweet talk them to test drive it? I'm sure they don't want to be overrun, but they can simply make appointments. I would think their goal is to get as many people as possible interested and driving it. They didn't get a demo unit just to have it sit there.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@jkburg Thanks Jeff, this is the type of reviews I've been looking forward to reading. All those automotive mags and YouTube reviews are fine, but reviews from a real live average guy like me means much more than any of those talking heads.

OP
OP
jkburg

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Congrats on getting to drive it but I don't get it... Why would the dealer want to keep it a secret? And why would you have to sweet talk them to test drive it? I'm sure they don't want to be overrun, but they can simply make appointments. I would think their goal is to get as many people as possible interested and driving it. They didn't get a demo unit just to have it sit there.
Donā€™t get me wrong the salesman I worked with was very nice and willing to help. Small talk, ask. He asked me if I had a test drive reservation, which I didnā€™t. Went like this. Played the humble and sad card. Me-I completely understand, saw you had it and drove from out of town, daughter, blah, blah. Went to his manager, came back. Hmm, I am sorry. Do I have a purchase reservation which I did but not at the dealership. Me-I understand if you canā€™t. I was supposed to go back a few months ago but my wife got COVID so I couldnā€™t and I really want to know what I am buying. Manager and back. Hmm, I am sorry. Me-I understand if you canā€™t. Do I have a license and willing to having him tag along. He even said if it I am not gonna put it in the system because I donā€™t want them to harass you. Me-yeah! I really do appreciate it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jkburg

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a very important question for you.... what Boucher Ford dealership is this. I'm in Green Bay and may need to take a road trip tomorrow....
I cannot say but as I previously mentioned it has the two word city name M F. šŸ˜‰

Epenney

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks to one of the other B6G posters (not posers) I was able to test drive and check out the Bronco and take it for a little ride. Can't say what dealership (I promised not to but the city's abbreviations are MF in WI). The person I spoke to was pissed that he posted it as they were getting dozens of calls to set up a test drive.

It was a 2 door, 2.7 Carbonized Grey Big Bend with Sasquatch and an ACTUAL MIC top along with sidesteps and roof rack. Truly a rare beast in the wild. Other than that thought it was Mid package but no label on it.

My impressions based on first time seeing it. IT IS BIG and intimidating. It was sitting next to an F150 and you know how they compare, but it just looked more menacing. My 18 year old daughter was with me and even she said, "holy cow that looks mean". She also asked if we had gotten a 2 or 4 door (4 dr FE) and her response was good, it looks too small which I found a little funny and ironic given her last comment. The grey and the MIC top looked good. Inside it was pretty simple but everything still felt good and solid. My daughter said she had plenty of room in the back (5'7"). I also confirmed that their is no way my wife (5'3") will be able to step in without the sidesteps as even I struggled without using them and I am 5'10".

I was able to take it out for about a 15 minute ride (freeway, highway, side street and a little bit of bumpy road as well). It was a little scary and I was a little hesitant because just my luck I thought I was going to crash it. Acceleration and control was really nice. That front hood is long but the strap downs really help. Good overall visibility and again felt big sitting up high compared to my Acura ILX. Didn't play with a lot of gadgets (like radio or GOAT modes) as he was with and I had to sweet talk the guy into letting me take it for a ride. Less road noise than my Acura and despite some decent bumps and pothole it was like gliding on a smooth road. I was impressed. As my daughter had said, you look like the kid from Christmas Story who just got his bb gun, and I can't disagree with her even though it wasn't mine.

Overall, stoked and cannot wait. As soon as other dealers get them I am going to go for test drives in those as well. Just like the kid on the roller coaster that says, "Again, again, again."

FFA53925-116E-46F8-913A-21EF2C2DB2A7.jpeg
I have the Big Bend 4 dr, non-sas.... I see this and think maybe I should upgrade to as even though I might never need it. What do you think?

Sponsored

Broncodude@

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™ve been doing fly-bayā€™s on the big dealers hoping a mannequin will pop inā€¦. No luck up north so far
The dealer told me up here in NEā€¦ā€hopefully we will have one for you to test drive next monthā€¦ā€. That was yesterday 6/25. I attempt to remain patient. Its not easy.

OP
OP
jkburg

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the Big Bend 4 dr, non-sas.... I see this and think maybe I should upgrade to as even though I might never need it. What do you think?
I do admit it was very sweet and I don't have direct comparison with non-Sas it just had a very different feel even to various jeeps. Can't put a finger on it. I am with you. I got an FE reservation and while I hope to use it for what it's intended for (with wife's approval of course), in no way would I be considered "hard core off-roader".

OP
OP
jkburg

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@jkburg Thanks Jeff, this is the type of reviews I've been looking forward to reading. All those automotive mags and YouTube reviews are fine, but reviews from a real live average guy like me means much more than any of those talking heads.
You are welcome. Again, not hard core off roader so often a lot of the stuff on the site is beyond me. I am not a Ford fanboy, not a Jeep driver, just a guy who fell in love with a truck and wanted to know if the reality is near the hype. Short answer, I think it is from an average Joe (or in this case Jeff) perspective.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's so horrible, I've already requested the bracket not be installed. I actually requested the factory and shipping window markings, stickers, plastic seat covers..ect all stay intact and I don't want it washed. I'll mount the plate off the bumper later on.
That's one of the pluses for not getting mine right away. Hopefully there will be aftermarket solutions for it. I'm definitely telling my dealer to not even think about drilling for it.

Sponsored

Jen Johnsen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really hope that isnā€™t where the license plate bracket goes. I live in CA and the front plate is required. :(

Nobs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 GMC Envoy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That license plate bracket just will not do. I cannot abide!

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DAC30593-DCD2-4D99-A2D8-FE8FD9FB1A4E.jpeg

Drove one yesterday myself, but itā€™s no longer there so šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø. Beatiful machine and Iā€™m like a kid on Christmas morning! Cannot wait!

Smooth ride, that 2.7 in sport mode was quick! Loved every second of it. Itā€™s roomy inside, crawled in the backseat and was comfy.

Def glad I went with MIC ā€” not a fan of the look of the soft top.

the pic is of it sitting next to my Acadia.

How did you break the right headlight ? The halo is not on.... :oops: guess you got to buy it now.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How did you break the right headlight ? The halo is not on.... :oops: guess you got to buy it now.
On camera LED's flicker, most noticeable in video and dependson the qualityof the camera. I'm assuming it's a camera fluke and the lights work fine.
Sponsored