ColoradoSkiDreaming

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I sold my previous car suddenly and found myself needing a car that day… always wanted a bronco but couldn’t get a new one or 23 that didn’t have all the off road stuff/jacked up etc… so I found a 21 Big Bend with 16k miles on it with 15 mo. Of warranty remaining. My thought is to test it out and get a feel for what I like/don’t like and place an order for a 24 then trade in when it gets here. I realize I will lose several thousand doing this but feel I got a good deal on the 21 so hopefully not too bad. My BB has leather (after market) heated seats and that’s a must for me…. Questions for any one kind enough to answer… please keep in mind I’m a mom that drives two kids (older no car seats) around and doesn’t offroad & loves the best gas milegage possible. Also I’m coming from an infinity qx56 (had all the fancy stuff and was super comfortable).

1. Seat hurts my back pretty bad… has anyone used the car jackers successfully? Bent the rods on headrest (so cheap to not make them adjust… and no, the 21 BB does not adjust like the leather seats in upper packages… also no, I’m super fit so no, I don’t need yoga or to lose weight). I’m 5’’8 and like to sit up straight but the headrest digs into my neck and I’m constantly scooting back.

2. If I order the 24… it should arrive mid 24… I priced out a BB, BD and OBX online…. Def want heated seats (would pay for heated steering wheel if possible), guess I would be ok with MGV and def need adjustable headrest and seats auto… any other upgrades that help with comfort please share. I’m trying to get the best one with the comfort features and gas mileage… don’t want the big tires etc. (I prefer the way that looks but not my stage in life).

3. I have a rock slider but need a little step to put roof back a little easier… are steps or running board better?

4. Does your bronco make a strange electronic sound from driver side hood when you first open door???

5. Car play gets static sometimes for no reason when I have good cell coverage…. Any advice? I’ve done all updates.

6. I’ll shut up now, have to take kids to school. sorry for novel - so many questions. Love my bronco so far… just need to not have a sore back and order a new one with the right stuff. Cheers internet strangers.
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The noise you are hearing is most likely your window automatically dropping a quarter inch, like it designed to, the other doors should do the same though. If you are interested in running boards, the factory ones sell for about $100 on Marketplace/craigslist and are simple to put on (your kids could do it). Electric seats on only available on the 4 door, with the leather package. Heated steering wheel comes with the Lux(?) package.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Modern vehicles make all kinds of noise when the key is near. Ihave a 23 badlands luxury. Heated seats and steering wheel are awesome. Does yours have sasquatch package? I took my headrest out (5' 10" they suck!!). I am not afraid of getting whiplash and am fine holding Mt head up. I assume you like the look is why you went with the bronco. Milage they don't have. I get 17 mpg in eco mode around town. 15 in normal driving it how I like to. My radio glitches the audio when going to reverse. Radio thing started after last update.
On the steps just go with the style and what fits your budget if you'll never wheel . Sell the sliders on here. You may be able to find someone willing to trade who wants sliders.
As for the 24 sounds like you need a lux OBX in my opinion.
Sponsored