Sponsored

Did I lose 2023 price protection because I dropped options, and then re-added same options back?

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered Oct 21. When I renewed in Sept 22 I noticed I had correct price protection shown on order summary(received after CSVP). My blend date is 5/8/23, but just noticed the MSRP on window sticker is several thousands higher than my MSRP on order summary from 9/22. Is that normal?

While I was waiting for my Bronco, I temporarily had my dealer drop lux and tow, in order to speed it up, but then decided to add the exact same options back in about 1 week before I got scheduled(options in window sticker do have lux and tow re-added to match original order)

Any feedback before I talk to my dealer is appreciated.

Dan
Sponsored

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The window sticker is always going to show the MSRP at time of build, so yeah that's normal.

As to the price protection...everything is dumb, who knows, good luck. Ask your dealer to look in smart vincent for transition offers, private offers, etc.

My dealer screwed up my HE order in the transition from 2022 to 2023, making it a 4 door, and now my transition offer of $2845 isn't in the system. Not sure if it's related or not, but def not looking forward to trying to fight it.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Dad life is correct.

The window sticker will show the MSRP price at the time the window sticker is generated at the assembly plant. Reason why is simple... if you abandon your order or fail to qualify for financing, then whomever ends up buying your Bronco off the lot won't qualify for all of the price protection.

I'm assuming you've seen my price protection thread, but if you haven't check the link in my signature below 👇

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would call Ford customer service and get the Smart Vincent certificate numbers ahead of time. I walked into the dealer with that number, and they easily applied that amount with no argument.

As for the rest of the amount they were supposed to take off of my order, I had to walk away for the day and come back the next day for them to comply. It was not fun.

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would call Ford customer service and get the Smart Vincent certificate numbers ahead of time. I walked into the dealer with that number, and they easily applied that amount with no argument.

As for the rest of the amount they were supposed to take off of my order, I had to walk away for the day and come back the next day for them to comply. It was not fun.
Thank-you so much for that info. My dealer seems awesome so far, but guessing it does not hurt to call Ford and get that info just in case he misses something, etc.
Sponsored