Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Seeing a few companies on their v8 swap projects is pretty cool, however something id be more interested in especially in my 2 door with tiny fuel tank would be a diesel. Maybe an i4 turbo with that low end torque with our manual would be the ultimate sweet spot with great economy, better range and best crawling power. Anyone else agree?
Look at this.. I propose a Raptor D ….
Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cummins 4BT is the way to go. Bullet proof.
IMG_1651.jpeg
We have one in our haybine, excellent work engine, but its an 800 lb engine and gutless (by passenger vehicle standards) without some serious building. The cummins 2.8 crate engine actually makes more power out of the box, granted the 4BT could be built to much more.

The 4BT would be easier to package than the 6.7 though, but if I was settling for a 4 banger i'd probably go with the 2.8 turn key crate engine. Also around 800 lbs is the 5.0 v8 cummins, I gave that some thought but sourcing it is very difficult in the used market, and not sure how easily you can get it from a dealer without a VIN

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cummins 4BT is the way to go. Bullet proof.
Ford Bronco Diesel engine swap options? IMG_1651
Way way too tall. And HEAVY
We have one in our haybine, excellent work engine, but its an 800 lb engine and gutless (by passenger vehicle standards) without some serious building. The cummins 2.8 crate engine actually makes more power out of the box, granted the 4BT could be built to much more.

The 4BT would be easier to package than the 6.7 though, but if I was settling for a 4 banger i'd probably go with the 2.8 turn key crate engine. Also around 800 lbs is the 5.0 v8 cummins, I gave that some thought but sourcing it is very difficult in the used market, and not sure how easily you can get it from a dealer without a VIN
Ive resto modded 2 for myself and 3 for others. The 4bt was fine on road at 105 and 125 hp In ridiculously heavy vehicles

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hope someone figures out any swap soon just because it would be cool to see.

Sure seems like the no traction faction guys gave up

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope someone figures out any swap soon just because it would be cool to see.

Sure seems like the no traction faction guys gave up
I know, its on my list to attempt someday. If its in the distant future than I don't think I will care about losing my whole cluster (at least PCM related signals), but in the meantime i'm not interested in dumping all that.

I can't believe no-one has figured out the coyote swap yet. I know that it is possible, the software issue is not insurmountable. There are 3rd party companies that have acquired the security keys and DBC files. Neither the 2.3 nor the 5.0 are new engines... Its really discouraging that no-one has pulled it off yet.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know, its on my list to attempt someday. If its in the distant future than I don't think I will care about losing my whole cluster (at least PCM related signals), but in the meantime i'm not interested in dumping all that.

I can't believe no-one has figured out the coyote swap yet. I know that it is possible, the software issue is not insurmountable. There are 3rd party companies that have acquired the security keys and DBC files. Neither the 2.3 nor the 5.0 are new engines... Its really discouraging that no-one has pulled it off yet.
Yeah it is crazy but I think just with the amount of electronics in cars now and how integrated it all is trying to get it all to work like factory is a nightmare. I am still active on some of the Mustang forums I used to frequent and one guy was swapping a 3.7 from a 2012 into a 07 and he basically said it would have been easier to swap the bodies than the engines.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7.3 Powerstroke. Go big and bullet proof or go home.

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

7.3 Powerstroke. Go big and bullet proof or go home.
Unironically, this lol. This is my plan if I go the route of abandoning PCM/bus compatibility. But if I can get the bus figured out, and i'm taking a 900+ lb hit, i'm going with the 6.7. As much as I love that 7.3, i'm a 6.7 hot V fan boy. That 7.3 sounds so good though, iconic

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think that was an old article.. I have been in touch with Ford Marketing and they are looking into it for me.. Told them I would test the engine to ends of earth and collect emission data all along the way.. I’m an old diesel test guy.. I hold record for lowest 100 % power emissions on CAT 3406 back in 2002, Empire CAT, Arizona..

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that was an old article.. I have been in touch with Ford Marketing and they are looking into it for me.. Told them I would test the engine to ends of earth and collect emission data all along the way.. I’m an old diesel test guy.. I hold record for lowest 100 % power emissions on CAT 3406 back in 2002, Empire CAT, Arizona..
Bureaucrats don't care about facts and data. ;) 😁

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bureaucrats don't care about facts and data. ;) 😁
And we shouldnt care what those nameless, faceless and gutless pencil pushers think either

they probably lash out at us because their wives wear the pants and the strap ons
Sponsored